“Don't expect a Palace”
Review of Amir Palace

Amir Palace
Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in Monastir
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Only the reception can be classed 5*. Rooms are OK, but carpet was stained and the room smelt a bit like an old retirement home, if you know what I mean. We travelled on 28/2/14 and I'm writing this as I sit in the reception cafe area. There is no helpful book in your room with times and places etc so take notes from your rep at the welcome meeting and make sure to ask all the questions you'd normally find the answers to in a hotel book usually found in every other hotel I've been to.
The food is average for this country, and snacks are not readily available. Times are limited as is the alcohol. On the plus side, the staff are friendly and speak excellent English and French.
Not much to do outside the summer months. The temperature at the moment is supposed to be low 20's, but it feels more like 14/15. Since arriving I've worn jeans and a jumper as I find the aircon makes the reception area cool, and outside isn't any warmer. I wouldn't return here for another holiday as I've been to better all inclusive hotels.
After having a wander around, I get the impression that the staff are definitely 5*, but the owners have let the maintenance slip and so too has the star rating.

Room Tip: Don't accept numbers 423, 425 or 326. The carpets are minging.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,195)

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Fantastic hotel. Loved our week here so much. The entertainment team were amazing and really made the holiday. Mohammed, Ibrar, Billy you guys were the best ever and nothing was too much for you. Thanks for keeping us entertained in the day and the evening. Aymen, he cannot go without a mention. He was a great waiter and always attentive and smiling. There is no staff here that won't go out of there way for you including the chefs. Hats off to all you guys that make a great team! I would come back here again.

1  Thank Sushma81
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Right so I stated at amir palace in the middle of feb. and what an experience.

Firstly the amount I spent on the island I could have bought a ticket to sharm el sheik and had a way better time.
I stayed all inclusive but the food was so average that we preferd eating out or just eating the al carte food.

Literally if you don't tip the waiters they will treat you as though your wallpaper. Literally ignore you for AGES. which made us have to give extra money because we wernt always guaranteed to have change on us so we would tip notes here or there.

The entertainment team are literally amir palaces back bone. Without them the hotel would literally be nothing. They entertain us and friendly come and have a chat and make you laugh. Just give the hotel a good atmosphere as much as they can.

Which brings me onto the DRAMASSSSS of amir palace. Cor blimey I don't think I've been anywhere like it. Literally every single day a couple were fighting, or somebody had broken up, or there was blood on the floor from a row that turned nasty. I literally saw a mans finger get bitten off my his partner. BLOOD EVERYWHERE! Walls are so thin you can literally hear the person next door breathing.

The tour guides.......
I don't even want to start because I just won't bloody stop. But let me just say. It's a dog eat dog world out there. And they will rip you for every single penny you have. Complete ripoffs. Nabil is the main rep. He acts like your friend all nice and stuff. I made it a point to let him know that I know exactly what he's like and I do not trust him one bit, to the point where he was slightly afraid of me. But that still didn't stop him from trying to hustle from the group.

Weather was so bad the first few days I had my fur coat on. Even indoors. But the last two days were warm.

When you go to the town you literally may aswell have a sign on your head saying "stare at me please" because literally that's all they do. Or people come up to you literally begginnnnngggg you for money otherwise begging you to buy worthless souvenirs. I only suggest you but from normal stores where they're not trying so hard to sell you something because they're more likely to have better value for your money.

Anyway overall I would go back to Tunisia but never to this hotel 100% to a better hotel. It is knowhere near 5 star

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We couldn't fault this hotel at all, we had an excellent stay with great food, attentive staff and good entertainment. Special mention to Sofian, Saber and especially Billy, Ibrahim and Mohammed as they couldn't do enough for us but all staff were amazing. The entertainment (animation) team went out of their way everyday to make sure we had activities to do and we're happy with the hotel. The food was varied, we came in with an open mind and were pleasantly surprised as it was excellent value for money. Please don't let the negative reviews put you off I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I am a fussy person myself! We had a large comfortable room with everything we could need and all staff were happy to help with extras. Our tour operator rep Nabil was also great he gave us a good introduction to the hotel got us involved in excursions and made sure we were happy every day. Bloody brilliant!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Courtney T
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

We came here for our third time in Tunisia. This is our first time in skanes and our rep Nabil has been outstanding he has helped us very much with all of our needs he has arranged trips for us that have been amazing especially the zooloo trip which was brilliant we fed the elephants and touched their trunk was amazing !!!!!! Takes only an hour to get there don't listen to other comments as Brits are paid to give bad comments !!!!
Any problems ask nabil he will do anything he can to make your holiday 100%

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank KellyCody
Reviewed February 25, 2014

A really relaxing enjoyable holiday lovely hotel great staff and good food although it may not be to everyone's taste there was always fresh pizza n pasta n salads at lunch n dinner and breakfast you could have your eggs cooked to order fried scrambled or any variety of omelette . The animation group were excellent at bringing people together and entertaining you day And night I would deffinately return to this very hospitable hotel

1  Thank Williamjglasgow
Reviewed February 22, 2014

What a fabulous holiday!! The staff absolutely make the place and the building is stunning. Big mentions to Billy, Mohammed, Ahmed, and the photograph guy. All absolutely amazing people who made the holiday 100% perfect. Will be back next April 100%!!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Covchick86
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monastir
Royal Thalassa Monastir
#42 of 43 in Monastir
Hotel Marhaba Beach
Hotel Marhaba Beach
#6 of 36 in Sousse

Been to Amir Palace? Share your experiences!