Le Soleil Bella Vista Hotel
$31
Skanes Serail(Monastir)
$62
  • Breakfast included
Regency Hotel and Spa(Monastir)(Great Value!)
$56
$86
$78
galahotels.com
$113
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 12, 2007

Got a last minute deal for 2 weeks. Nice and clean hotel. Food and Entertainment really geared up for a weeks stay as towards the end it
did get a bit boring.

Could fault the pool area always got a sunbed no matter what time of day and the surrounding areas are very clean.

We stayed in the old part of the hotel (rooms have 3 numbers) and it was nice quite basis but very clean and had everything you needed. However speaking to other guest who stayed in the new part seemed to have bigger room with sofa etc (these rooms have 4 numbers eg 4021) so if you get a choice ask for a new room.

If you dont have kids dont go during the holidays as I imagine it will be manic, however I do not think kids would ever get bored, entertainment team very good with them.

Trips - Went on the camel ride and booked through Fritz based in the Lobby. It was enjoyable but felt sorry for the camels. Quad biking was excellent very cheap and you are out for a few hours.

Bad points - I went with my mate and I would never recommend for an all girl group to go on their own, although everyone is really friendly unfortunately a few of the entertainment and bar staff took it to the extreme and hassled us night and day. Stupidly I also left my key in the safety deposit box on the last day and had £150 stolen,
took the cleaner to the police but wasnt much they could do so make sure you are careful. Gym has nothing really in it.

Good Points - very clean, very efficient, very relaxing.

Oh also this hotel is across the road from the airport, however I would not give this a reason not to book here as you here the occasional plane and get used to it in the end.

I am really glad I booked my holiday here despite the negative points
as the good points outweighted the bad. However now I have done Tunisia wouldnt go back the world is a too bigger place.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2007

Nice hotel, friendly staff, reasonably good food. Hotel is slightly old and run down, but well looked after with good cleaning staff. Animation team enthusiastic, but more for giving shows than organising interactive events. Had a very pleasant stay!

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed September 15, 2007

My girlfirend and i have just returned after spending a week at the hotel. After reading all the negative reviews we thought we had made a mistake by booking this hotel, how wrong we where. The hotel was fantastic. Our room had a sea view its was a big room spotless and the maid cleaned it top to bottom every day. The staff where very freindly and helpful. The variety and choice of food on offer meant there was something there for everyone. The pool area was large and very clean and spacious we had no problems getting a sun lounger.The beach was the last word soft golden sand and warm clear blue water and the hotel staff kept it clean and tidy. The entertainment team are not the next take that are westlife but 100% for effort they worked hard every day. Dont waste ure time waiting for ure coach at the airport its only a five min walk to the hotel but dont let that put u off there is very little aircraft noise. For those who complained about the hotel i can only wonder what it is u want from a hotel right on the beach with a large pool area, good food,nice staff and large clean rooms. We will be going back.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gomo1
Reviewed September 10, 2007

Just returned from a week at the grand monastir and myself and my girlfriend had a lovely week. After reading the mixed reviews we didn't know what to expect but our room was cleaned everyday, we had a lovely sea view and the overall cleanliness of the hotel is good.
Good points:
Close to the airport with very little aircraft noise
loads of half decent food including the fresh fish.
good service in the restaurant.
most staff are pleasant and welcome you.
security make you feel safe.
water slides.
14 + hours free alcoholic drinks :-)
you don't get hassled on the beach by lucky lucky men

Bad points
waiting for everything including food & drinks all day everyday. The staff never seem to be in a rush to serve/help you.
some bar staff look like they hate there job and let you know it.
having to tip the bell boy who dumped our cases by the lift.
the entertainment is truly awful.
non English nationalities who don't believe in queuing for anything.
not always getting a sunbed on the beach.

Outside the hotel be careful of taxi drivers who try and rip you off and blokes who rip your cases off you at the airport, carry them 5 yards and expect a tip.

Overall we had a pleasant stay and would maybe one day return. I would suggest this hotel for people looking for good weather and wanting a more chilled out holiday (once the mad animation man has put his mic down during the day).

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2007

Staying in this hotel was the biggest mistake. I blame the travel agency which led us to beleive that the hotel was actually good. I think that the only good thing about it was the beach. However, if you do not go to the beach before 7am, you will not find any chairs. The indoor swimming pool was clean, while the one outdoors was too small for so many guests and consequently too dirty (not to mention the small pool for the children, you can only get some bacterial infection there). All inclusive in this hotel is a totaly different concept from what you may think that "all inclusive" means. You get one bottle (1,5 l) of water per room per day, so if you are a family of four, you can only try to buy water outside the hotel and the nearest place to shop is 20 km away. We were always thirsty, because you have to wait in the line to get a glass of water (sometimes you have to wait for 45 minutes). There is one bar in the hotel where you need to que for drinks, as well as one bar by the pool. Of course that the service is too slow, becuse there is only one barman pouring non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages and there are always at least 40 people waiting for thier drinks. The same thing with food, you can have a pizza, but there is one person taking your orders and making pizzas, by the time you get your food it is already time to start queing for your next meal. You practically spend you holiday waiting to get some food, so you do not have much time to go to the beach or anywhere else. All the previous negative reviews turned out to be very true. I am sorry I ignored those revews when choosing the hotel. I would recommend you read them and take them seriously, don't make the same mistake I did. I would like to tell you some good things about this hotel, but I cannot think of any.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family