“:D”

Houda Golf and Beach Club
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in Monastir
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have been here 3 times, first two times it was me, my sister and parents and this last time it was just me and my sister on our first holiday alone.

On arrival we had a good welcome from Ben and our room was sorted pretty quick. We had a bit of problem with ants in our room but the reception staff changed us room until the next day after which they completely cleaned every insect out of the room. For the rest of our holiday our room was cleaned every single day.

At one point one of the people in reception asked us for our key to our room and we thought he was checking something but when we went up there a plate of fruit was left for us which was very surprising but nice.

All staff were very friendly even the cleaners who cleaned the hotel every day and nearly every 10 minutes. As soon as I made my way to the bar they were pouring drinks ready for us which was very nice. Some of the the guests that were there at the time were being a bit creepy with us being young girls and the bar staff were lovely checking up on us and even moving us at one point so that we felt a bit safer.

A lot of people assume young girls go here and get attention from the animation team which is certainly not true. I am 20 and my sister is 24 so we are young girls, but they were friendly with us and did not chat us up. All of the staff were friendly including the photographers, porters, cleaners, bar staff and the internet lad it is just who they are :)

We are coming back on the 23rd October and it can't come quick enough as it will be our 4th time :) xx

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Ghassen M, Webmaster at Houda Golf and Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Hi dear Samm,
Thank you for writing this honest review about us.
we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we are at your disposal to guarantee a great holidays, once again in Houda Hotels.
Waiting for you on October.
Best Regards.

Houda HOtels Tunisia

Write a ReviewReviews (3,030)

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Spent 2 weeks here june 2012,with my partner and daughters 11 & 3 hotel is well run and very clean with several pools , 1 with slides , 1 for smaller children the other much larger for relaxing round . The beach is average with the locals always hassleing you to buy buy buy from them,
The food was not the best but we didnt starve , Our waiter was superb and always welcoming . The worst part was outside the grounds of the hotel only a few local shops and 1 yes 1 bar the safari . Rooms were basic but for what we payed it was value for money .

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2013

i have decided to write this review after reading some quite negative things regarding this hotel, however i stayed in this hotel some 14 yrs ago for my honeymoon. from what i can see, not much has changed, except one of the pools now has flumes. yes the hotel is situated in skanes with nothing around, most people should know this before booking. the food was average, not bad though. the reviews about drinks watered down were also around then too, which was worrying for me as i like a drink, but i found no problem with the vodka. my husband said the lager was just of a weak percentage. where have you been where you can get free drinks and snacks till 2am, at a 3 star ?. staff were as of any friendly hotel i have been to. the only two things that bothered me with this hotel was the flies, but more so the rooms were badly in need of updating and need to find a way to stop mosquito's getting in, and bit to pieces, if they do that, i would happily go back. .

Room Tip: we had ground floor with french doors, mosquito's got in under gap
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank evej

Hi dear Eve, Thank you for writing this review about us.
we are fixing the problems that encountered our guests.
We haope to see you again in Houda hotels.
Best Regards.

Houda HOtels Tunisia

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Myself my wife and step daughter returned from the houda on 16 june and have to say we had a fantastic holiday. Yes rooms are basic but thats no problem. Plenty of food choice even it does not meet everyones taste. Drinks were fine and enjoyable entertainment team with alex. Joseph. Michael but to name a few work thier socks off to make the holiday great and it was. Nino works tirelesly day in day out with the kids club and always has a smile on his face and the kids loved him. Fantastic slide pool and main pool all in all a fantastic holiday and yes we will be going back. Please dont take note of negative reviews make your own mind up when your there. Thank you Ben and all the staff at the houda for a fantastic week of sun and fun.

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank bizz75

Thank you Dear friend to write this kind review about us.
we thank you again for choosing us to spend holidays with.
Our staff and direction are at your disposal to garantee you a great holidays and we hope that you come and visit us again in Houda Hotels Tunisia.
always welcome.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

just got back from a fab two weeks dont usually go for two weeks usually do 11 nights but could have stayed another week ! was just getting a bit hot and building up to peak season is starting get busy but never had a problem getting a sunbed only had one day in the restaurant where was not what i fancied but still found something, the snack bar has fresh fruit and panninis pasta and chips from 12pm till 5pm and it opens gain at night at 11 0clock although we never used it at night the hotel is immaculate there are more staff than last year and they are constantly cleaning day and night and yep there are a few mozzies they spray every other day but if you sleep with ya window open ya will get bitten your in north africa .People make me laugh when they say food is crap its different but its up to you what you put on your plate lets put it this way there was plenty of people refilling their plates when i was there and the new manager Imed can't do enough for guests if you have a problem see him ! he is constantly wandering around the hotel day and night making sure everyone's happy he even does cooking and his curries are lush! lol and he makes them from scratch.We will be deffo going back as soon as poss hopefully this year

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Helenashdownsmith

Thank you Dear Helena to write this kind review about us.
we thank you again for choosing us to spend holidays with and we are proud you enjoyed every minute you passed with us.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I'll start with the food if you love pizza pasta and chip this is the place to go, food is the worst of any hotel I've been to although they do have nice deserts

The pools are excellent but if your not up really early there is no chance of a sunbed near the pool area, I went for a night out is sousse came back about 4am and there was a guy putting his towels on the sunbed, what chance have u got:-)

The staff were the friendliest bunch of people I have ever met from the bar staff to the waiters and the animation team I would like to mention hamza in particular lovely funny guy.

I want to give a special mention to nagi the bar waiter, you'll not come across a nicer person than him, he works extremely hard and is a credit to the hotel

So will I go back to Tunisia yes we will return and pay nagi a visit but we probably won't stay at the houda again

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lisa8483

Thank you dear Lisa for writing this feedback about your stay on Houda Golf & Beach Club.
we are really happyyou chosen us to epend your stay with.
we are proud you liked the atmosphere here, and the staff is always friendly and kind, they are a credit to us.
we are trying to improve our services and we invite you to visit us again, and your impressions will be the best .
see you soon on Houda Hotels

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My son and I stayed here last year and I have waited until now to write a review and see how other people viewed this hotel on here. I have travelled extensively in Europe and various countries of the world, having stayed in everything from a roof of someone's house to luxury cruise liners and top hotels as well as premier inns! I have to say I am surprised that Thomson's have kept this hotel on their books. Whilst it is not extortionate it is a poorly and unprofessionally run hotel. Health and safety is non existent here. One central place to get warm tea and coffee in tiny cups. Walking across marble floors to your end destination trying not to spill anything. Cold drinks dispensers by the pools are nice and cold but filthy, sticky and buzzing with flies. The drinks themselves are of the poorest, cheapest quality, very high in sugar for the children. The 'alcoholic' drinks are ver poor quality and definately watered down. Other guests were buying alcohol from the shop at the hotel and drinking those instead! My son joined in with the football which the kids club put on which he enjoyed, however there was little supervision in the club house and very very poor quality play equipment. I definately would not have left my child alone there with any of the staff who I question have any childcare or paediatric first aid qualifications? The beds in our room were extremely hard and uncomfortable, I have never stayed in a hotel with such hard beds before. The rooms are very sparce, no tea or coffee making facilities, and our tv was tiny and reception very poor. On a more important note our balcony doors had very flimsy locks and even I could have opened them from the outside and gained access to the room. The hotel does offer safety deposit boxes but the whole system is rather laughable, trying to drag the one master key on a long chain across a room to insert along with your personal key to open a safe, noisy, confusing and time consuming.
The restaurant was a real mixed bag. We were not asked where we would like to sit and quickly found that the table we were shown to would be ours for the duration. Stuck inside in a large canteen like environment. Watching the staff I soon identified so the restaurant manager was, slipped him a large tip and requested a table outside which we got to our relief. The food was the same every da and is reheated. Guests jostle and hustle and depends on what nationalist you are depends on how rude you are I.e pushing in, reaching over etc. the animation team are as previous reviewers have said and I'm sad to see non of this or the above has changed since we were there. They are outwardly letchourous towards young pretty female guests and it's annoying and embarrassing to watch. To be honest the attitude of this animation team was extremely rude, to think they can walk around the hotel acting ridiculous and thinking guests want to see them behaving stupidly and eyeing up the girls, doesn't appear they care what other guests might think?
Having said all of this we made the best of it and if you asked my son he would say he had a great holiday! He loved the freshly made pancakes for breakfast and freshly made pizzas for lunch (every day)! He also loved the pool with the slides. We had a couple of nice trips out to which we booked with Thomson for ease.
This hotel does appear to have a lot of returning guests, not unlike those people who go to Benidorm every year! And the staff do make a point of giving these guests preferential treatment. Finally The wifi is rubbish in the hotel, we didn't get to eat in the other restaurants as they were fully booked but other guests I spoke to said they were not impressed and weren't very good. The touts in the foyer area, in my opinion have no place there in the hotel harassing paying guests. One thing you should have when you go abroad and have paid for a hotel is the choice to be hassled outside the hotel if you so wish but your hotel should be a safe haven from this if that is what you prefer, not in the hotel you have paid to stay in! I would not return here (as you probably guessed)! I just hope this review is helpful to someone out there?

Room Tip: Ask for a high room so it's quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank AnnRedruthCornwall

Hi Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing this review, even if we dont agree with most of it.
The healt and safety of all our guests is foremost.
Drinks are worth the all inclusive, we cant afford very expensive drinks, but what we afford is suitable. food are good and varied.
We have a new animation team, and our animators are very kind and hard working.
we are trying to improve our services so everyone will be satisfied.
I want just let you know, dear friend, that we have a big number of returning guests, much more than you expect.
Kind Regards.

Houda Hotels Tunisia

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monastir
JAZ Tour Khalef Thalasso & Spa
8 mi away
Delphin El Habib
Delphin El Habib
#13 of 43 in Monastir

Been to Houda Golf and Beach Club? Share your experiences!