“My home from home!!!!”

Houda Golf and Beach Club
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in Monastir
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Loved this hotel the first time I stayed, & love it even more now! Well done to everyone who was involved in the renovations, the whole complex is looking amazing! This place is not just a hotel for me, it's like my second home & I am privileged to be part of the Houda family! This was my 13th visit to the Houda & I'm back again in July & October! The staff here are friends for life, & can't do enough for you, there are always some new faces, but it's great to get to know them too! So very pleased for Imed (Ben) on his promotion, you are doing a fantastic job, & it's well deserved! It was a new animation team again this year, (with 1 or 2 old faces) & what a great choice! Good luck Salah, Ziggy & the team for the rest of the season, you're doing a great job! I cannot fault anything with this hotel! Rooms are cleaned daily, with fresh towels & sheets - Jamilla my maid treats me like a daughter! Food is always fresh & plentiful, try it you might like it! - remember it's a North African country, you will not find bog-standard English food!! The pools, beach & gardens are kept up to a high standard & for the first time ever, I took the plunge & went paragliding!! What an experience, the guys at Base will look after you well! I've learned that attitude is everything & if you go with a positive mind, & look for the best in everything, you will have a fantastic time!! I've no time for anyone who spends their time looking for faults - please stay at home & let the rest of us enjoy our time!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
16  Thank Caty B
Write a ReviewReviews (3,036)

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Having just returned from the Houda Golf and Beach I found the rooms clean, but basic. The food was ok, but could be better. The animation team were excellent and they made you feel welcome even if you couldn't join in (I suffer from arthritis and so can't dance etc) they spent time chatting so making you feel involved. The pool area is clean and well maintained. All in all a good holiday, but the rooms and food could do with some work. A friend came to see me from Tunis and asked for me at reception and was told I wasn't there! Improvements on admin and management would be good.

2  Thank superchilli
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The best animation team ever. The manager welcome everybody very warm and pay attention on every one. Good choice for a trip with friends or for families. I spend there great time with my friends. Everything was excellent animation team disco food hotel beach and the rooms where cleaned everyday brilliant.

Room Tip: ground floor with view on the pool
2  Thank sasito4
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Ben the hotel manager is excellent and gives a warm welcome to everyone. animation team are never still. they dance and keep u entertained all day. food hot which is unusual for Tunisia. it says it all when you speak to people who have been going back for many years.

• Stayed: April 2013
6  Thank christine g
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Everything was excellent animation team disco food hotel beach and the rooms where cleaned everyday brilliant. The hotel owner is always there if you have a problem he's very funny and awesome, it was thee best holiday I have ever been to I will definetely be coming back next Easter : )

-ToBeCassanova

Room Tip: Every room is great pick any :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Darren W
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 week all inclusive with my fiance and our 4 year old daughter. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Rooms:

spacious, a sunny balcony, bunk beds and a double bed with en suite, the room was cleaned every day, the maid almost every day left flowers on our bed which I thought was lovely

Food and drink :

food caters more for French, I was looking forward to a full English breakkie some mornings, but it was usually croissants and chocolate sauce, but was still nice, lunch and dinner was much the same, quite repetitive but we always found something, ok for a week I would probably get fed up with food staying for a fortnight. For lunch we would usually just stay at the pool snack bar, the staff made up fresh pizzas with your choice of toppings, paninis and chips, we enjoyed the snack bar. Alcohol was very small measurements, but don't think the people over there drink alcohol. However we weren't planning on drinking excessively as we had our daughter, but a few drinks in the evening were refreshing.

Animation team :

Amazing!!! That group are crazy!! So much fun, the team had everyone up during the day for pool sports, dancing which we joined in..they were mischievous pouring pales of water over some lying sun bathing who wouldn't join in.. Great laughs. My daughter attended the kids club, they could play in a little hut, colouring etc and every day they had activities for kids such as archery or water games, whenever they were taking the kids in one of the pools, mimo one of the kids club reps would come over to check if your child needed armbands, our daughter loved the kids club, and just adored mimo who was great with the kids, we could relax or join in with the adult activities with our daughter enjoying activities across from us. In the evening there was kids disco, which our daughter loved, and then some evening entertainment by the animation team again fantastic!!

Location : we didnt really go outside of the hotel much, one day we went to the beach which is right at the back gate of the hotel, and just outside the entrance there is a shopping centre, but we were happy to stay at the hotel

Overall we enjoyed our stay, staff were great, food was ok, pool bar was great and rooms were clean...the animation team made our holiday!

Great value for money

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank stacey5587
Reviewed April 14, 2013

It was very good time spending in this hotel. Animation was interesting, people are helpful and friendly. We love animation team, they always smile and take care of entertaining us. Rooms were cleaned every day. Everything looks like on the photos from tripadvisor profile. For this price it is VERY GOOD hotel.

4  Thank Obama33