Our family was at holidays in this hotel for 2 weeks. For first we got quadruple room at the main building. It was quite nice room till the evening, when disco over the room started. Our children was unable to sleep in case of extremely noise, like a dancing herd of elephants on the roof.
Next morning we have asked for room change and have got family room at the separate 3-story building. Room has separate room for the children but this was only odds as we shall have known later. Air-conditioning was off at this building in case of low outdoor temperatures (below 40C I suppose) and room was hot and stuffy. We was unable to open a window in case of road noise. They switch on aircon only after 3 days of regular demands, but thereat in our previous room air-conditioning was on from the first day. Also in our previous room was a good tea-set (tea-kettle, two cups, tea and coffee, sugar) – in this room no any tea making facilities. I asked the receptionist for 5 times for tea-set and only late evening I have got just a tea-kettle with no any cups and tea or coffee. But this is was only beginning:
- Bed-Linen was changed only once during two weeks !!! (Is this 4 star hotel ?)
- Towels was taken at 9 a.m. for changing and at 18 p.m. still was not returned. Twice the maid just forgotten to bring it back !!!
- Room cleaning was worse. I not talking about space under the beds – she could not to clean Coca-Cola’s spots on the table !
- Shampoo and shower gels was never recharged after use.
There are many horses and camels on the beach for hire and riding. But animals evacuating a lot just on the sand and nobody try to clean it ! Poor children playing with sand that fulfilled of horse droppings.
Animation it is really perfect, but for French only (Lookea animation team is great). So if you are not French you will always feeling a discrimination. Carribean World team is also quite good, but they are far from Lookea.
Refectory was nice, food are various and edible. Pools are clean and good, one of them equipped with slides.
So at my opinion hotel is not friendly for non-French people, especially for the Slavs, because in general service is really different for French peoples and peoples from Eastern Europe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribbean World Thalasso Djerba is located 25 kms away from Djerba airport and at 14 kms from the Island's main town "Houmt Souk".With its highly exotic style, Caribbean World Thalasso Djerba offers a wide range of exciting activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Cancelon and Travelocity so you can book your Caribbean World Djerba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Caribbean World Djerba Hotel Aghir
- Hotel Caribbean World Djerba
- Caribbean World Djerba Djerba Island, Tunisia