My girlfriend and I recently spent a week at the one resort / sprinclub in Djerba. What we wanted from the holiday was to relax, enjoy the heat, drink and not be at work. We spent around £500 each and both felt it was excellent value for money.
The hotel staff struggle to speak English and this can make them appear rude, but they can speak French, and appreciate a bit of effort when we talk French, therefore any bad customer service review, in my opinion, it's useless. If we showed a bit less ignorance and learnt a few conversing phrases in French we can all be happy together.
Surrounding areas, bit of a s***hole, but there are hidden gems around the hotel. Texas City is a great place with great staff, good to average food (better than the hotel) and only 2 or 3 dinar in a taxi. A bowling alley as you turn left out of the hotel is fun (5 min walk)
Biggest negative - food. Got the occasional nice meal but it was basic, however for what we spent on the holiday as a whole, we still felt this was decent value.
Tunisian heat - towards the end if June you will have no complaints, if anything far too hot!
Rooms - spacious, VERY clean, good fridge and decent bathroom (and a bum gun - personal highlight)
Tennis courts - we played tennis every day at 5 pm, sure, we cooked in the heat but burned off the vast amounts of booze we were taking on board
The 'easiness' - we wanted to chill, and after a few days we got restless it was so chilled so started to venture out (to midoun, the golf club, croc park and quad biking)
The beach - views, lovely place to eat a pizza and the old chap behind the beach bar was lovely
Overall, the bad reviews are unjust. As this was one of the cheaper holidays we were looking at prior to booking, we weren't expecting to much - along with all the negative reviews. We loved it, not saying we would return but we met a few people who would. We felt the general consensus was positive whilst we were there. Don't take anything too seriously when you're there, it's cheap, cheerful, and gave my girlfriend and I a memorable beach holiday which we loved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Djerba Golf Resort & Spa is situated in the island of Djerba, in front of the unique Djerba’s Golf ground (with 18 + 9 holes), at six Km from Midoun and 18 Km from Houmt Souk, the main town of Djerba. Also it is about 25 Km from the International Airpot of Djerba. The Djerba Golf Resort & Spa is built front beach on a nice garden of 14 hectares, the infrastructure is spacious with a three-storey building which contains 275 rooms. ACCOMMODATION: 275 rooms with safe free, air conditioner/heating (according to the season), telephone, satellite TV, mini bar, balcony or terrace, bathroom with toilet and bidet separated, hairdryer. Connecting rooms are available, baby beds on request. Types of Rooms: -Standard Rooms: 216, area 26 square meter -Quadruple Rooms: 12, area 40 sq.m ; occupation 4 adults max. -Family Rooms: 04, area 45 sqm, max 04 adults + 02 children -Superior Rooms: 32, area 27,5 sq m, modern, king-size bed -Junior suites: 06, salon, one room and bathroom -Ambassador suites: 04 , 1 salon, 02 rooms, 02 bathrooms -Handicapped room standard : 01 well equipped ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Djerba Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sprinclub Hotel Midoun
- Sprinclub Resort All Inclusive
- Djerba Golf Resort & Spa Djerba Island, Tunisia