“One resort many names ?”

Djerba Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 45 Hotels in Midoun
Manchester, United Kingdom
“One resort many names ?”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Me and my wife stayed at the One Resort 11th may - 25 th may 2014 , and after not finding many reviews decided to go ahead anyway . The hotel is named one resort / sprinclub and eldorado club for a reason , thats so the bad reviews get spread about . The entrance shows all 3 names , and when we had to get a taxi to " one resort " the taxi driver didnt have a clue , but eventually after us saying sprinclub took us back to the hotel. It appears english people havent been to Djerba for 4 years , and Thomas cook have only started back in Djerba this year . Just 1 flight from the uk a week , sunday am from manchester . If you are not a single woman looking for a holiday romance avoid ths place is you want to be looked after ! None of teh waiter staff / bar staff / entertainment team bother with couples or families , all they are interested in is chatting up single women / all the time. They are ignorant , and its sickly to watch them as its so obvious. No english were involved in anything entertainment wise , as the entertainment team didnt speak english or even try to mingle with the brits. The restaurant is good , and does have plenty of choices . Although its the place i have ever been where its self service , you pour your own beer / get your own wie , pour your ow soft drinks / make your own coffee . This is for breakfast / lunch and dinner ? The 24 hour pool bar / food area is a joke. We had a trip to the star wars area , and went into the fast food restaurant for some breakfast , but was refused even though it was 06:15 . They wouldnt do us a pizza as it was too much trouble and gave us 2 buns instead , some 24 hour service that was. The al la carte restaurant was also a joke ??? You could only book once per stay not per week you had to book via the customer service lady , and it had to be 2 days in advance , then even stranger you had to pick your meal there and then. 1 cold starter / 1 hot starter / 1 main / 1 desert each . So we did as asked and chose on the monday for friday. The friday came and we got 1 cold between us / 1 hot starter between us , when i challenged the french speaking waiter he didnt have a clue what i was on about. So 15 minutes later a waiter who could speak english told us we didnt ask for 2 starters each , just 1 cold 1 hot between us , which we didnt. The lady didnt write our requested numbers down correctly ? So we were really dissapointed and for teh 1st time in my life , i didnt leave a tip. The pool area is large with plenty sun loungers , and the beach is the same but windy , which is good for catching a tan. There is a safe in the room , free another large negative for me was they dont serve rum , and the vodka is watered down and doesnt actually taste like vodka. The crocodile farm is only 5 mins away in a taxi , and cost 3 dinar £1. well worth a visit if you go to djerba. The crocodiles are almost 40 foot long , and their literally is hundreds. Only 15 dinar for the entrance £6 each I did tell teh management the whole entertainment team should be sacked instantly , as they wandered round shouting for basketball or something , then as soon as they spotted a single woman forgot all about the customers and chatted to the single women instead . If you dont speak french dont visit this hotel , as all the french seem to get looked after , sod teh rest of us , especially english .

4 Thank steven w

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Just 1 flight from the uk a week , sunday am from manchester .
They are ignorant , and its sickly to watch them as its so obvious.
The restaurant is good , and does have plenty of choices .
The 24 hour pool bar / food area is a joke.
The al la carte restaurant was also a joke ???
You could only book once per stay not per week
There is a safe in the room , free
The crocodiles are almost 40 foot long , and their literally is hundreds.
Only 15 dinar for the entrance £6 each

1 Thank steven w
hyde nr manchester
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Booked as a last minute deal, so didn't pay full price, thank god,! Looked everywhere for reviews on this hotel after we booked it, but sprinclub kept coming up, that's because it's only just been taken over by the ' one' chain, god they need to start making improvements and fast, they also need to let ALL the locals know of the name change especially the taxi's, we went to the markets one day and had real trouble making the taxi driver understand where we wanted to get back to. The pool area is big and clean, as too are the rooms, but it all needs an update, a lick of paint, something, anything to make it as nice a hotel as it could be. The location Is awful, you can't walk anywhere, cos there's nowhere to walk to. The beach is NOT how it looks in the brochure, it's full of seaweed they can't move for environmental reasons, and the areas shown with the lovely decking and curtains, are just run down, no curtains, no nothing really except men on horses and camels up and down ALL day mithering you to ride, they even ask for money if you just want to take a photo next to the camel! The food was ok for a week we could find something we liked every time we went but a bit samey the pool bar did burger and chips if the kids don't like to be adventurous also the beach bar did lovely pizza and sandwiches. Animation team are ok, but they're fantastic if your young and French, lol. If your not they don't really pay you much attention. The majority of guests are French, Belgium or German, it's the first time this year that they've had English visitors and in my option they're just not ready for us. The reception staff and most bar staff are just plain rude, the men wont even talk to you if your a woman, but bring down your husband and they change instantly. Overall the week was ok, but I'm happy we only had a week, two would have been far too long. Love tunisia, don't like djerba, won't be back, it has a long way to go,

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank jojopaddy
South Milford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went to this hotel for 2 weeks.May 2014
The greet and meet was good and members of staff friendly.
The best part of the holiday were the Animation Team, Join in if you can you will have fun.
They certainly made up for some of the more miserable staff.
They some how find it hard to respect us Brits, was geared up for the French German and Italian language, not that I have anything against them.

The food was good most days, but the whole place could do with a good clean.
Some foreign objects were found by 2 Brits in the food, think TC should be aware of this.
Apologies were given and one couple even had wine and fruit delivered as an apology.

The beach was a bit disappointing lots of seaweed, made it a bit difficult to reach the sea, but it was cleared on a daily basis, had some fun watching when one of the diggers get stuck in the sand and had to be rescued by another.

It is 26 years ago since we last visited Tunisia (Hammamet) and I must say it has improved some, I know we cannot always expect the same standard of cleanliness as we have at home, but surely if they want people to continue to go they should make more of an effort.
Would not return to this Hotel now called One Resort, in the Brochure, by the way.

So not changed my mind from the first visit 26 years ago.
Oh another plus. the boat trip to Flamingo Island was good, again the entertainment team were great we had a good laugh, beware of the beach vendors though, the beach on the Island was how I imagined the beach to be in Djerba, so for what we paid we should be grateful I suppose.
All in all don't dismiss Tunisia, it is for some. depends what you want.

4 Thank Janis H
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Arrived at 'One resort' with my partner, sister and father after a relatively straight forward flight and airport transfer. Entering the complex, we were greeted by two very helpful and professional members of staff; one of which was the manager of guest services called Olivia. We were welcomed with a cocktail and asked to leave our luggage at the entrance to the building before being escorted to a large conference type room where we were advised that we'd have one free Turkish bath and one Al a carte meal during our stay, along with a few other bits of info for the week ahead. Handing our hotel booking to the staff, we were then given our room key. This well constructed meeting took all of ten minutes and we were left to do what we liked from there on.

Happy, we found our way to the reception before another helpful member of staff took our suitcases to the room. From here, the trouble began...
---------------------------------

*The Room, bad points*

We entered our room and immediately noticed that the sea view my dad had paid for during the booking effectively didn't exist. Looking from the balcony, we were faced with a palm tree and a seating area outside the lobby bar. Looking left from the very front of the balcony, we found an obscured sea view and a portion of the pool which for the money that was paid, was simply not good enough. Going straight to reception, I explained the problem I'd found and was told to come back the following day at 10am which I did, along with my partner. Cutting a long story short, we were ushered to another room after a conversation with a rude member of staff who had decided to fob us off at the very back of the hotel, in a room which had a direct sea view along with a tractor and a small patch of desert which wasn't even part of the hotel. Needless to say, we reluctantly decided to drop the matter and stayed with what we were given, already into our second day of seven.

The room we had was clean and tidy but in need of a few decorative updates, although nothing major. A double bed in North Africa apparently consists of two single beds pushed together, a comment made by the same rude member of staff who I'd already had words with over our view. I wasn't happy with this and when our very pleasant maid arrived on the second day, the same two single beds had one large sheet covering them which although an improvement, was simply not good enough. Again, the matter was dropped and we continued on with the second day.

The temperature of the shower water constantly fluctuated and this would either provide very cold water or searingly hot water so be careful and try not to adjust the height of the shower head too much; this seemed to help.

The television provided was a small flatscreen which although fit for purpose was equipped with approximately 14 channels, 2 of which were repeated throughout the range. Every channel is either German, French, Russian, Arabic or Italian. If you're looking for anything English, you're going to be very disappointed. Eurosport in German quickly became the channel of choice.

One key, regardless of how many people reside in the room. Wasn't a big deal but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

The biggest and most problematic issue with the room was the fact that there's no air conditioning and their reasoning; Not hot enough. One day in the week, it was 45 degrees centigrade in the shade. That wasn't a rumour, it was taken from a thermometer at the beach. Complaint made and nothing done. Apparently, from June, It'll be switched on. It's also worth noting that although there's a fan, its pretty much useless and will only work if the patio door is closed. If you want to get around that, take some insulation tape and tape down the contact point between the inside of the frame and the point where the door meets it. Voila.
----------------------------------

*The room, Good points*

The safe is free and easy to use. This is a big plus point. Most of the hotels I've visited charge for this privilege and given that the safe is bolted down, your belongings will be safe as mine were throughout the week.

There's a fridge which although small, will house your usual few drinks. It's also replenished with water on a daily basis. *Note* The fridge will only work when the card thats supplied with your room key is slotted into the electricity slot in the room. If you have to leave your room, use a credit card or something similar instead to keep your fridge on constantly. The same goes for the fan-Air con. They'll only work when your keycard is in the slot.

Some rather expensive belongings were left out on the side of the bed. These still belong to me.

Table and chairs on the balcony with an ashtray if you need it.
-----------------------------------------------

*The Beach*

Full of seaweed. Yes, sorry but it is and I'd be lying if I said this didn't ruin it. The good news however is that apparently, this only happens once a year. The seaweed cannot legally be removed from the beach due to biodiversity, etc. This means that the seaweed is left to collect on the shore and when I say collect, I mean 4 feet of it piled up by a JCB which I;m not joking about. Two of them in fact were up and down the beach, moving the stuff. I found this counter productive in their approach to keeping the beach environmentally clean. Anyway, the seaweed is eventually moved in bulk back into the sea, leaving the beach nice and clean. We apparently picked the worst time to come.

If you walk a little further up the beach, away from the hotel, I found that it was a bit more pleasant as the photo shows.
-------------------------------------

*Food*

Very good with a lots of choice. Grilled fish, meats, salads, flavoured oils, fresh pastries in the morning, freshly squeezed orange juice which they squeeze as you wait. There's a low calorie option and although there was a rumoured diabetic corner, I didn't see this or the rumoured gluten free corner. It probably existed but I didn't look hard enough.

There's a main restaurant, a pool snack bar which serves food and alcohol 24 hours a day, a bar and a pasta snack bar on the beach. Try the Chawarma sandwich. It was actually very nice and if you get the chance, try some of the flavoured oils. They're really good.

I didn't get physically sick during the whole week but take some immodium with you, just in case.
---------------------------

*Drinks*

The range is average with one type of beer; Celtia. It's a beer brewed in Tunis, just over on the mainland. Light and easy to drink but sits a little heavy after a while.

The wine isn't great but I found both the white and red drinkable. They'll give you a full carafe if you ask which you can ferry about the hotel with you if you like. It holds about 4 glasses so should do you for a little while.

Cocktails are only available from the lobby bar and the choice is limited just 3-4 alcoholic with a few non-alcoholic. They're alright but that's all really. If you want ice, go for it. I had ice in all my drinks, against some pretty strong advise from my local nurse. The reason I did is because I think its made from bottled water, although I'm not 100% on it.

Bottled water is distributed, free of charge by every bar in the hotel in either 500ml bottles or larger 2L bottles. I found this to be a big plus point. Take advantage and fill your fridge as the temperature in the room can be high and water is a big help with keeping your thirst quenched.
-------------------------------

*Pool*

Clean and a decent size. They have a lifeguard who patrols now and then and likes to keep you from drinking whilst you're in the pool. Keep your eyes peeled if you want a sneaky beer in between a swim.

It's pretty deep at 2.2m at the deepest. Keep that in mind if you have any adventurous teens with you. There are steps to get in and out and at that point, you can walk about without any worry. There are also steps located around the edges of the pool to get in and out with.

If you have small kids, there's a small pool just a small walk from the main pool which is a good addition for any nervous parents.
------------------------------------------

*Hotel location*

Pretty good. There's a number of yellow taxis hanging about which you can use. If you're going to Houmt Souk, agree a price beforehand. DO NOT allow them to run the meter!

There's a nightclub called 'Cyclone' about 200m from the hotel entrance but it is outside the grounds so be aware if you're going out at night. I didn't go during the holiday but my sister did and said it was almost £100 for a bottle of vodka.

There's a small supermarket opposite cyclone which I expected to be very expensive. It isn't and rather than using the shop in the hotel, use this supermarket. It'll save you a few quid. As a rule of thumb, 1 Tunisian Dinar is roughly £0.40.
-----------------------------

*Spa*

Use the free visit you get. The Turkish bath is nice but very hot. Once you come out, you pour a cold bucket of water which is refreshing.

I paid for an additional 3 massages which were reasonably priced. You should make the Spa aware if you want different types of massage because they're a bit funny about it if you try to deviate from the standard 'Relaxation' massage. I managed to get a sports massage on the second visit and basically, a guy beat the sh** out of me for half an hour.
-------------------------------

*Excursions*

I didn't go to the crocodile farm and I'm gutted that I didn't. I ran out of time and did so because I went out on the quads and the buggies. If you get the chance to do this, go for it. It's fantastic. I paid roughly £13 for a couple of hours on the quads and £30 for the buggies. It was well worth it and I'd have done it every day if I could. Take a little loose change if you do decide to take the quads out as you stop halfway at a local cafe. I didn't take any and by the time I got back to the hotel, I felt like I was going to pass out. Water is a must and as you're effectively in a desert, don't take it for granted.

Went out on the last night to a restaurant called 'Texas Steakhouse' after a recommendation from a family we met. One of the best steaks I've ever had. Prices were very good and getting taxi's there and back shouldn't cost anymore than 3-4 dinars each way.
---------------------------

Djerba is a beautiful place and the people there are very friendly. The majority of people there will be predominantly French and German, although I met some awesome English people. I'd go back to the hotel if the price was right but I'd want some changes to be made first, most importantly the air conditioning. A couple of things I'd add are;

*Photographers are all over the hotel and will use any opportunity to grab a quick photo. This is fine and they're all pretty non-intrusive but you will be expected to buy them and if you go to view the finished product at the screens near the restaurant entrance, expect to be hassled by a little rude slap head. If he tells you that they're going to be deleted that day, he's lying. Don't feel pressured. He's just trying to make a few quick dinars there and then. The photo's aren't massively expensive but after he tried to argue with me, I didn't go back out of principle. I just tried to get him sacked which didn't work.

*There's a football court, a volleyball court and a few tennis courts you can use, free of charge. They're all really well maintained.

*If you're hassled on the beach, politely say no and carry on walking. Security on the beach are there for your protection and keep any vendors away from the hotel grounds.

*If you want a beach towel, they're 10 euros each. You're given a card at reception which you hand in to the towel shack near the pool. They take the card and give you a towel which you can exchange as many times as you like. At the end of the holiday, hand your towel back and they'll return the card which you take back to reception for your money back. My dad left my towel outside my room briefly and it was stolen by somebody. I didn't get my money back so lesson learned unfortunately.
------------------------------

Anyway, any questions, feel free to ask :0)

Liam.michael.bere@gmail.com

Room Tip: Don't pay for a sea view room in advance as we did and ended up with a balcony facing a tree. E...
7 Thank LiamBere
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed April 11, 2014

The hotel is very nice and beautiful.The rooms are big and well cleaned.The most of the guests are French,German and Belgian .It's forbidden to swim with daily cloths so the Tunesian guests cann't swim in their cloths . This is very positif. Food is from medium quality .Meat is hard coocked and dry .Merguez sausages are burnt ( bThe animationteam lack ).Pancakes are not fried enough . It's stil dough.You get fresh orange juice on breakfest.is much too noisy because of the loudspeakers wich are too loud on the swimminpool. But they are very friendly .Same problem in the bar when they dance during 1 hour before souper .If you are at that time in the lobby you even cann't understand eachother anymore.The internet works very well in the lobby . The beach is very nice and good to sit there. It's very difficult to get another room if you don't like T the situation of the room .I had no view and I asked it 3 times to get another one but they refused .At least I had to contact the guide of Neckermann and than I got another one .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have stayed many times in this hotel since April and I have to say, after travelling to many hotels in Many different countries, One Resort is my favourite. The whole concept of this hotel is fantastic. The restaurant is filled with many excellent choices, there is a huge variety of breakfast choices, you could have something different every day of your holiday if you wanted, including fresh orange juice which I have not seen in many hotels before, there is show cooking with fresh meats barbequed every lunch and dinner time and also freshly made pizzas and pasta dishes, along with a diabetic corner and also a Tunisian corner. There is also a 24 hour snack bar where you can find omelettes, sandwiches, pasta, pizzas, hamburgers and the list goes on. The food cannot be beaten. Well done chef! The animation team work tirelessly all day long with numerous activities to suit the needs of every guest, old or young. There's a mini club and also a teenage mini club being built at the moment which look absolutely fantastic! The hotel is spotlessly clean all round, you can see the cleaners working nonstop. The barmen are always smiling and happy to help, I've never waited longer than 5 minutes for a drink and this is including peak season (with some not so friendly guests pushing in front!) The beach is beautiful and also the Brazilian restaurant there is great for the odd night to change things up, sitting eating dinner whilst watching the beautiful sea. The staff are friendly all round and do everything in their power to involve the guests and listen to the needs of every individual. I don't think there's much more than I can say, other than book now! I guarantee you will have an amazing time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
16 Thank HARRISONFAMILYUK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midoun
Les Sirenes
Djerba Plaza Hotel & Spa
Club Diana Rimel Djerba
Club Diana Rimel Djerba
#51 of 102 in Djerba Island

Been to Djerba Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!