been there in fall 2012 with the big family of 12 persons (kids/adults/grandparents). this review holds the experience of all of them.
food wasnt too exciting in the main buffet-restaurant. maybe this has to do with the elderly guests. it all look nice but was quiet flat in taste.
the service was pretty poor for a 4star hotel, exspecially at breakfast time. it took a while and some morning up to five orders to get a cup of coffe.
the italian restaurant was good, which is extra costs - with all inclusicve you have one night there for free.
at midday theres lunch near the pool and at the beach. the food was nicer than in the evening. grilled fish always was good in taste.
our room was used by a smoker before. you could smell it. we threw the carpets out on the balkony. my wife and kids were not amused.
we had a room with sea-view. it was on the ground-floor, which means we couldnt see the sea at all.
seperat toilet and bath in most rooms, which is good. but both without ventilation.
the plaza was renewed lately. after all it feeled like some corners and things are not done yet.
pool was great! fun for kids!
you have to get towels to use at the pool. for some reason there is not enough at all time.also we had effort to get extra towels for the babys. as they are not paying guests, they have no own towel-card.
a few 100m from the pool. nice beach with some stones. has a beach restaurant.
at the beach theres a lot of flying traders, camel-riding and water-fun-activities to do. none is included.
the team was keen to entertain
didnt use that. it looked very good.
in the morning there s a doktor!
it was still a nice holliday. tunisia in general (been there before) isnt our favourite. i doubt that we will be going there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated in 2014, the lti Djerba Plaza Thalasso & Spa is located inside a palm park of 14 hectares next to a turquoise blue sea and sandy beach in the heart of the touristic area of Midoun. The Djerba Plaza reflects the magic of the island and offers all full modern comfort and a sense of well-being to its guests. The rooms entirely renovated are located in Menzels that enclose planted Djerbian Patios. Each Patio is surrounded by 24 rooms and suites on each floor overlooking either the sea or a very rich palm park and the Djerba Golf course. The Thalasso & spa offers a subtle gastronomic palette, a sunny and flavorsome cuisine that combines pleasure and health. A wide variety of outdoor and indoor sports & leisure activities are available at the lti Djerba Plaza Thalasso & SPa. The Thalasso & Spa is a response to the ills of the modern world : fatigue, stress, depression, back pain, overweight, sleep... Prepare to be pampered in our state of the art thalassotherapy center offering a full variety of wellness treatments and cares. The beneficial effects of the thalassotherapy will be presented you through our different spaces. Our skilled therapists employ natural healing agents to create enriching thalasso treatments tailored to our guests’ specific health, wellness and beauty needs. A vacation for your body, a holiday for your soul ! Incentives & Congress: Space can accommodate from 15 to 400 people with audiovisual equipment, and is available to our clients to organize cultural events, seminars, conferences, or any other type of gathering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Otel, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Djerba Plaza Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Djerba Plaza Hotel Midoun
- Djerba Plaza Hotel And Spa
- Djerba Plaza Hotel & Spa Djerba Island, Tunisia