First experince at the club and I have been e bit deceived.
I chose it because I was taking my kids alone on holiday for the first time, and had been assured it would have been fantastic.
They do have indeed a great organization of mini-mid-bigger, etc clubs, but the problem is that 98% of the people are French, all is tought in French, and even the GO cannot even speak English.
I had them do all possible activities by myself. And even there it was not great. Basically if you don't join a miniclub all you get to do (also for adults), apart from Gym or stretching, is hobiecat sailing (5 boats for the hole club, to be used 30 min maximum) and archery.
Coming to food, it is very monotonous and of poor quality, as much as the wine.
Having said that, the beach is very nice and we had no problem of see weeds.
Very nice excursions (as an extra price) can be organized: I particularly suggest the 120 km of off road excursion on dune baggies, and the horse riding in the lake and beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the island of Djerba, the mythical Club Med Village of Djerba la Douce enjoys constant sunshine, a clear blue sea and a pleasant and steady wind to fill the sails of its catamarans. With its hotels and bungalows and their flowering patios, inspired by Tunisian architecture, this Club Med Village offers an encounter with the Orient, both through the art of looking after yourself and through its refined cuisine. Relaxation and sport are there to suit your every whim, at any level of intensity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Djerba la Douce reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Djerba La Douce Hotel Midoun
- Club Med Midoun
- Midoun Club Med
- Club Med Djerba La Douce Djerba Island, Tunisia