$266
$204
$157
$148
  • Pool
Les jardins de Toumana(Midoun)(Great Value!)
$109
$460
$391
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 3, 2015

I found a last minute Christmas offer for one week and with nothing better to do took a punt. The resort is attractive and very well kept, huge outdoor pool area and given that this was 'off' season lots of sun beds and outdoor tables availiable. The beach goes on for ever and was top notch with very pale sand. The daytime weather was kind at 18°. But the wind.... there was a stiff breeze at times which dropped the ambient temp dramatically. Admittedly I packed for the 18°. There were people walking around as if they had landed in a winter ski resort. The food was very good with a huge range of choices. They tried different themes each evening and a beach Berber barbeque, unfortunately for all the hard work the staff put in that wind was up to 40k, so sand in everything. A German resort, so full of Germans. People were friendly but as a complete single I did spend a lot of time alone. I did meet up with a group of single German women but they were more interested in chatting up the local staff studs than spending time with me in the evenings. So a single English guy from Germany would cramp their style. One evening in the disco, yes they have one, someone chucked ice cubes at me, I complained to many members of staff who were totally disinterested. Eventually I spoke to a duty manager who assured me he would look in to the incident and get back to me, result nada nix nothing! If you ever want to go here, don't go alone. Rooms were chilly at night because this was a hot weather resort with tiled floors and single pane windows. A good nights sleep meant emptying the wardrobe of extra bedding.

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank BoogieLegs
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Aldiana club in Djerba and I was so impressed. Being a young adult on holiday with my family I was sceptical but I was so delighted to discover that it's so easy to meet new people (probably the best aspect of a club holiday). The pool and sports facilities are great and the beach is also incredibly nice. Most of the staff are super friendly and always willing to help! There is so much to do: groups for children and teens, sport activities and tournaments, shows in the evening and a disco. The club caters for every age group's needs. The food here is also delicious drinks as well, although there are differences to what I was used to. Nonetheless, there was nothing substantial to criticise I had a great two weeks and will hopefully be visiting again. (I only recommend it for German speakers)

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Sammyjjw
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Came here because I was travelling with friends with children. Lots to do in the hotel for children. Its a German package hotel so most staff speak only German. Food is very good by Tunisian standards - plentiful buffets and nice small seating areas so it is not a huge free for all. Indoor pool ok, outdoor pool nice but cold. Evening entertainment was cheesy but it worked. All in all a nice hotel. Main problem was the service. I requested a room not on the ground floor due to a bug phobia and was given a ground floor room with doors with gaps under them - on arrival, 3 large spiders greeted me. I asked to move rooms and was told I could not the hotel was full and the room I was given was the only one - or I could find another hotel. I explained I had booked a room not on the ground floor and was told that I had not - they checked the email, read out the avoid ground floor part and said they had not confirmed that. The man on reception said I should pay for the room and move hotels - I said I wasn't paying for what I hadn't stayed in. Then the manager turned up at my door and spoke to my friend saying I had to leave the hotel because I wasn't paying! My friend told her I had a phobia so she said I could have a different room on the 2nd floor at the same price. Finally all was fine. But on checkout, they increased the price a fair bit from the original booking. The reception said I had no choice but to either stay an extra night or pay the new price as there was no manager on a Sunday and no one could make a decision. 45 minutes later he said I could pay the original price. But a huge amount of hassle from reception staff both on arrival and departure which ruined the weekend for me. It would probably have been easier if I spoke German but the staff didn't seem to understand French or English very well. If you come here i would suggest you double check your reservation and prices before you come and again on arrival.

Room Tip: Ask for the main building - not the bungalows - rooms are much nicer and cleaner in the main building
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kate_in_Tunis
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This hotel is super !!!!!!! It is much better than club magic life which has better reviews than this one . They had some mini Olympics and I won for my group !!!! Everyone in this hotel was very child friendly . All of the people were really welcoming and the people were always very helpful and the people who did our bedroom made lots of patterns with the towels. The kids club did lots of great things with us. Overall , this hotel was the best one that we have visited in Djerba.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank bellabimba82014
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Stayed at Aldiana Atlantide in August 2010 with one child (7 years old) for one week. This review is mixed as some things were very nice but others much less so...
The hotel in itself is nice, nothing much to complain about except that, although they claim that it is a 4-star hotel, this is by all means not the 4-Star standards you get in Western Europe or in the USA. I would rate it a 2 to 3-star hotel. The rooms are OK and clean but very basic. The room furniture looks old, the fridge was leaking, the bathroom is nice. The beds are extremely hard and the pillows are so thick that you end up with a crooked neck in the morning. Bring your own pillows if you can! Overally the hotel is quite nice but needs some renovation. Everywhere you see the paint chipping off the walls in some areas. The landscaping is very nice, they do a great job with it! The Tunisian personnel is fantastic!!!! They are helpful and sweet. They always greet you with a smile and do their job wonderfully. The food is very good and diversified. The pool area is nice but almost all lounge chairs are "reserved" by guests who stand up at God knows what time to put their towels on them. If you show up around 9 AM, you're out of luck! That's really annoying! My son (7) took part in a diving course that you can book at extra cost and really loved it. The diving instructor (a young blond lady) was absolutely adorable. This was the highlight of the trip for him! However, we cannot report such positive news about the kid's club. My son went to the group for kids aged 7 to 10 and had a bad experience. The lady supervising this group was abnoxious and didn't pay any attention to him at all (she didn't even ask his name when she first met him!). All the other kids in the group were older and all activities were not appropriate for his age: for example, when they played water polo in the pool, the water was up to his chin! The lady didn't even think to go into a shallower area of the pool so that ALL kids could play comfortably! As a result, my son didn't get to even touch the ball once. All the other kids were about one head taller than him. Worse yet was that the instructor played for a while with the kids and did not even pass once to the smaller kids although it was clear that they were completely being left out... About 15 minutes into the game, the lady left to go ??? I don't know where. While she was gone, some kids started arguiing and one got hurt. She showed up about 10 minutes later only... As a parent, you really don't want to see that happening during a time when your kids are supposed to be "supervised" and lovingly being taken care of.... Needless to say that my son had no desire whatsoever to go back to the kids club after this experience!!!! Another negative point needs to be made regarding one employee at the front desk called "Daisy" who was absolutely horrible to us when we checked out. She was not only rude and terribly unfriendly but she also "forgot" to give us important information about our luggage and bus transportation. Thankfully, we got the information later on from other guests. Such a rude person has nothing to do working at a hotel front desk or even in the hotel business at all! But the worst thing about our stay was the noise at night in our room. We stayed in a bungallow-room at the edge of the property (Building 32) and from 9 in the evening until 1 in the morning, very loud music was blasting out of the nightclub located in the adjacent hotel. The noise was so loud that we could not sleep without earplugs (very practical for young children!). I called to complain at the reception and they told me that they knew about the problem but could not do anything about it because the other resort was "allowed" to play music until one in the morning. I could hardly believe that they had assigned us to this building because I noted during the reservation process that I wanted to have a quiet bedroom and when I checked in at the hotel, I asked the lady if the room was quiet. She answered "yes". This is obviously one of the main reasons why we wouldn't go back there again. That's really too bad because it could have been otherwise a nice experience considering the other positive points I made above.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family