“Great service, good food.”

Vincci Helios Beach
Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Midoun
Celle, Germany
“Great service, good food.”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Spent one week in April 2012 on my own. The weather was still quite cold and very windy. Impossible to use the beach. I recommend to take warm clothes for that time of the year.
The Hotel was not very much occupied at this time.
Service was excellent and no waiting time at all.
The only annoying point was this annimation team: loud, hectic and very obtrusive.
It was my second stay in this hotel and some of the service men recognized me!
The food was very good, because I love Tunisian food very much.
The only problem were the language, not many english or german guests around. Mainly French, Belgium, Polish and Russians. So, hard for me to understand and get company. But, I still enjoyed my own company.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the beach are quieter!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Maria104
razgallah, Directeur général at Vincci Helios Beach, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Vincci Helios Beach for your holiday, we are happy to have you serve to your satisfaction, the fact that you have been recognized by our employees goes hand in hand with our company policy, we try to keep the same staff, to train him so that he can be most effective in terms of service
and quite often as we learn from customers who have already been here, we recognize them and we are very happy to welcome them!
we will be very happy to see you again among us.
The Helios team Vincci Djerba Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Douala, Cameroon
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Spent one week week, end of July 2012, accompanied by two teen-agers.Sunny and hot weather (45 degres) but slightly windy, so very bearable.
Luckily the hotel was not full so we did not have to wait to be seated and to eat (a week later, the hotel was supposed to be full). Nice beach, cleaned every day (to remove the weeds), no stones, fine sand, huge swimming pool.
The hotel offers many sport possibilities but not teaching, especially for the water sports and tennis.
The food was good and with different choises, however pasta and pizza were offered daily. The evening entertaiment was OK but nothing to die for...
The staff was very helpfull and tried to speak other languages
Our room was in the main building, very large, clean, with a large bathroom as well.
A good suprise was the free internet, available in the room and in the main hall.
We will definetely go back

4 Thank Simona F
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed at the Vincci Helios Beach for 7 nights in May to celebrate my mum's 60th birthday. My family had visited the year before and enjoyed it so much that they decided to return.

I'm well travelled and have visited countries all over the world. I can't fault this hotel in any way, everywhere is spotlessly clean and the staff are incredibly friendly and attentive. In fact they went out of their way to make us welcome and went to a lot of trouble to make my mum's birthday memorable, she felt well and truly spoilt!

I'm incredibly fussy when it comes to food and usually resign myself to the fact that when I go all inclusive I will be pretty limited as to what I can eat. However I was really pleasantly surprised at the wide selection available at breakfast, lunch and dinner - there is so much choice and the food is very fresh, there's something for everyone. I don't know how people can say otherwise - the only thing I can say is if you are expecting typical British food then you might be disappointed, if you want that then stick to Spain. The hotel offers a lot of authentic Tunisian cuisine which is wonderful, far better than you would expect from an all inclusive self service restaurant. They also have a Tunisian a la carte restaurant which is a fabulous dining experience that takes place over a couple of hours. Also the staff are only too happy to accomodate you if there is something else you'd like - one lunchtime there was no cheese being served so I asked if I could have any - they brought out a platter of all different cheeses with fresh fruit and a flower!

Overall I was really impressed with the hotel, so much so that I have booked to go again with three friends on 9th September. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Sarah1809
LANCASHIRE
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed at the Vincci Helios Beach for 7 Nights in July with my wife. The hotel was very good in terms of cleanliness, location and activities. However, the downfall was the food which was very bland and lacked variety.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank riobombay
scotland
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We have just returned from this hotel after a two week stay.
Before I start I will say this was my second visit to Djerba. The Hotel it`s self is lovely, the rooms are of very high standard and the location is second to none...right on the beach front. but sadly that is all the good points wrapped up. Food is ok but not a great choice and often just luke warm. All Inclusive drinks are in small cups and basic choice again.Entertainment at night very poor and the main pool is loud with a range of activities . The relax pool, which is added in on the Thomas Cook broucher, ....well if you want to fight with the French Guests and the hotel staff for your right to use it .... then to be watched and talked about every day you do use it....Go for it.
The public areas are clean and tidy and there is free wifi in the main reception area.
Last year we stayed at the Vincci Djerba resort, which in my opinion was much friendlier, better food, better public areas, better entertainment all round......So the choice is yours . I know which one I would go back to.

Room Tip: Ask for a bungalow near the sea
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank moomop
razgallah, Directeur général at Vincci Helios Beach, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
We want first of all, to thank you for your testimony, which we must admit, is very explanatory, however, be aware that we are disappointed that your stay was not up to your expectations.
in terms of access to the relax pool, know that it is possible for all customers by paying supplement that allows you to switch to premium formula, and you would have entitled has other advantages.
you said that you preferred the Vincci Resort Djerba, we are happy to hear that, because that is also part of the chain to which we belong, know it will be renovated soon, rooms and all spaces
thank you again for choosing Helios Vincci this year.
The Vincci Helios Beach Djerba team
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2012

To start with the good stuff - the rooms were immaculate and the leisure facilities excellent. We were really impressed by the cleanliness and quality of the rooms, and the large pool was outstanding. The beach was really good too. The tennis courts were ok, but needed a little care. We also enjoyed a couple of good trips off site. The main criticisms are, first that the food was unimaginative and at times limited in choice and not great quality; and second, the alcoholic drinks were really poor. The mealtime wines on offer were undrinkable, and we resorted to paying for better wines - and the locally produced spirits (gin, vodka etc) were both unpleasant and very weak - we've had much better at similar all-inclusive hotels in North Africa. There's not a strong service culture, so you have to find your own table and cutlery at times. The hotel is a bit isolated from the real Tunisia, but it was comfortable, and the weather superb. At the end of the day, you get a good beach holiday, with top quality accommodation.

1 Thank Tim B
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Hi all, we have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Vincci Helios which we all enjoyed,in particular, as I did not have to cook ,clean, go to work, or shop for 2 weeks! Yay! The hotel is on a great site right on the beach with 3 outdoor pools. This hotel is so popular with the continentals that every room was taken, which meant our family was split up over two floors, but it turned out to be fine.We were accomodated in the garden part of the hotel and I think it was nicer than being in the main hotel block.
The hotel must have been listening to guests complaints because while we were there 4 new beach parasols were added to the ones on the beach. They also opened up the large restaurant at lunchtime so that people now could choose between the smaller outdoor restaurant and the larger air conditioned one. At breakfast they also opened up an area they usually had cordonned off and that really helped, as it was a bit fraught previously.
I think that most of the problems encountered by fellow guests and in some way by ourselves really came down to the fact that the hotel was "working at maximum capacity" and they were trying to sort out hitches as they arose. Hopefully staff at the hotel will remember and keep the improvements, so next years guests will benefit.
A quick mention of how helpful Andrea our travel rep was, and the animation team who all spoke several languages including English, and who were very expert at getting people up to take part in things. I even learnt to do archery! This is good as there is nothing near the hotel itself, and Djerba is generally a quiet family holiday type destination, wild Malia it ain't.
We had a great time as a family, and will probably return as it has a lovely beach and great weather. I hope this helps you decide, as I suppose I could lie and say it was awful so that only the French etc. and I know how good it is!

Room Tip: Ask for what type of room you want, however you might not get it as the hotel is very popular.
4 Thank Jillyann1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midoun
Djerba Plaza Hotel & Spa
Fiesta Beach Club Djerba
Iberostar Mehari Djerba
Iberostar Mehari Djerba
#2 of 102 in Djerba Island

Been to Vincci Helios Beach? Share your experiences!