“Nour palace club hotel holiday”
Review of Nour Palace Resort

Nour Palace Resort
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Mahdia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The food was a litthe poor for me.
I like seafood, and here wasnt for example scampi.
Its a 5* hotel, I thought its normal there.

Restaurant/bars/reception staff is very nice, helpful.

The beach is very good, clean.
The pool is very nice, big.

The animation team was very friendly, nice, erergy bomb!

The best comedy actors:

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Szilvia S
There are newer reviews for Nour Palace Resort

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We arrived at emfida airport which was quite impressive we were greated by our driver ready to take us to our destination in mahdia.I have to say the two hour journey was far from what we expected it was like driving through a building site we wonded what the hell we had come to.It was an awfull place filthy dirty run down place.We thought this must get better soon no it didn't .We arrived at our hotel nour palce resort which on first impression looked very grand.We were greated on arrival with a nice glass of cold orange juice then given the card to get into our rooms.When I saw our room I was far from pleased it stunk of cigarettes so I went to reception and asked to be moved to another Room which the did.I wasn't happy with that one either the curtains were filthy and the bathroom tiles around the bath were mouldy.I then went to reception again and I askedh for an upgrade for which I was willing to pay extra and was offered a family room ok but far from the five star we had expected.The food was disgusting and we practicly lived on bread for ten days although I must day they were very accomadating and offered to cook for us.I asked if we could have an omelette which they did and it was raw in the middle.The all inclusive drinks were terrible and when you sat in the bar with your coffee flies would land in the froth in the coffee so you were unable to drink it.The pool bar had a small amount of food on offer which I wouldn't have touched with a barge pole flies and filth.There were birds landing on the dinner table in the dinning Ron whilst you were eating i could go on and on and on.This is certainly not a resort or an area for the english and my advice would be dont go anywhere near it.

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Maria H
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I just came back from nour palace and i have to say that i liked it verry much. Verry good animation team, large pool, the sea is near to the hotel and lots of activities with the animation team . From the animation team i liked the moast Obelix and Zidane ! I recommend this hotel to any one.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ancas A
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Just come back after a week in Nour Palace. It was one of the best time in my life. Very proffesional team, from cleaners up to managment. There is only one problem spotted by me: lobby bar. Barmans are bit lazy and sometimes create own rules but after little chat with management problem solved.
Animation team is SUPERB!!! Food is good and tasty. Alcohols are good quality etc etc.
For us (me, my wife and 8 years boy) it was the best holiday in our life.

• Stayed: May 2013
9  Thank DominikaMarcin
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Arrived after a 2hr transfer which was more pleasant than we anticipated. The hotel entrance is palacious and overall the place if massive., possibly too big. We arrived just after 23.00hrs and was greeted well by the reception staff who informed us that a snack was available to us if we wanted it, but in all honesty it wasn't worth having so my advice would be to take some snacks to see you through until the morning. The hotel is in the middle of no where but there are some good shops directly opposite and taxi's are cheap and accessible.

The restaurant resembled a works canteen with tablecloths but the staff were very attentive. There is a major problem with the birds accessing the food area. We observed birds mating, bird droppings, birds pecking at diners food and birds literally flying about the food hall. After speaking to staff about it they took the view there was nothing that could be done, but We felt strongly that vermin had no place in the food area. The food was good with a wide variety at lunch and dinner. Remember! you won't get any bacon, sausages or baked beans at breakfast but there is plenty of choice.

The rooms are spacious and clean sleeping 3, some rooms are interconnecting. All the rooms have balconies some facing the pool and some the golfcourse or sea. We enjoyed the quiet of the golf course. Our beds were comfortable.

There are daytime and evening activities, the entertainment crew are fantastic and take time out to get to know everyone, they work so hard have so much energy and can be so funny. We liked them all. The kids club is a bit debateable with only one member of staff who appeared tired and didn't seem to have her heart in the multi tasks she was engaged in. We didn't use the kidsclub for our children because we did not feel confident.

May is not high season and the hotel wasn't full but there were days when there wasn't enough lounge mattresses. You have to deposit 10dinars for each beach towel you have and you will not get your money back without the receipt as well as towel.

The hotel rooms contain safes but for whatever reason they are not operational and you have to use the hotel deposits for your valuables. The hotel will not exchange your changed currency back to stirling although we were told they would. After issuing tips we ended up changing our surplus at the airport.

Make sure you compare prices! we paid £450 each and was very happy overall, apart from the birds, with what we received. We met another family who claimed they paid £755 each and were most unhappy with the standards (we didn't tell them how much we paid) thinking they were going to get 5* luxury.

Do the camel trip 35dinars and the buggy ride approx 50dinars.

Room Tip: The hotel is so big the first thing to do is find the short cut to your room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank k0003863
Reviewed May 28, 2013

have to say this hotel is not really a 5 star, just got back after a trip with 4 other ladies. I was only able to go for 5 days so feel a little hard done as was just getting into the fun.
food and drinks were just ok! as no drinks in the fridge in the room, terrible when you arrive 2 in the morning and the guy in reception seemed to have no manners at all.
On the upside a MASSIVE thanks to the animation team for making our stay so much fun( we were called the indian ladies)they are a credit to the hotel as they are attentive and polite as are the bar staff and the staff in the food hall. thank you guys we are thinking of returning next year.

Room Tip: go for pool /sea view its lovely at night
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2013

If you get cheap deal then go for it , but its not 5 star and its not soo great at all, would not go back and would not recommend it .
Rooms were very clean and animation team were great and friendly , a lot to do like zumba aerobics football and all that.
Rooms looked very poor we had instead double bed two old single beds which werent great for cuddles at all. Safe did not work , no iron, no kettle. Shop in hotel itself overpriced. Jewellery shop downstairs tried to rip us off , for couple silver rings not even prabbed gold chain and earings asked for 880 dinars which is 400 pounds. Couple we met in hotel said silver was platted and within days rubbed off. Reception staff were rude and spoke with us like we were stupid. Gym facilities were available only in Spa center were you have to pay and most of the equipment were very old and broken. (Apart gym , i did enjoyed spa had massage , facial , sauna and its very worth dipping in sea salt pool). Use only all inclusive bar, as when we went to the other bar in hotel and when we got our drink ordered they went to make cocktails in the back which leads to all inclusive bar, soo all the big label bottles there only for false advertising as even when we asked them to pour absolute wodka in front of us they started to talk ''sorry for language but'' bu******it and still went to back to pour drink. So that was rip off again. Camel ride was other nightmare... Its nothing like what people imagine. You get on a bus to go and u thing you end up somewhere in sahara with nice view.. well you go just round corner get you pic quickly taken with camel , then you see about 10 camels tied up one to each other and walk for about an hour around someone back garden which was pretty ugly, all you could see was rubbish all over. We booked scuba diving but decided that it might be as much ''fun'' as camel ride and decided to spend time instead near the beach.
Soo all I can say if you get a deal pretty cheap its worth going just ignore everybody who tries to sell you anything and do your own thing. If you dont speak arabic then you might want to remember this saying ' friend I do you best price' .... this means I charge probably 1o times more then whats it is worth. lol

Room Tip: Ask for room with beach view otherwise you will have a view of unfinished buildings and rubbish all...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple