“Simply the Best in Tunis”

Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in La Marsa
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a great facility, the best in town, in term of service, architecture and class. It is close to the Airport, about 15-20 minutes, the Hotel has 3 nice restaurants, The breeze by a nice Pool overlooking the Mediterranean, and The Horizon and the Moroccan Omnia. The SPA was good too, expensive but the service doesn't reach the level of the US and European Standards. a Pedicure is about 65 $, I believe the Hotels in Hawaii doesn't charge as much, and if they do the service there is much better. Overall if you are in Tunis and you can afford it, choose this Hotel, safe and close to the Airport and Enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
wissem_11, Responsable commercial at Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor'ss website. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us at Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis .
We are glad you had such a wonderful stay with us!
Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back .

Kindest regards

Wissem ARFA.

There are newer reviews for Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Located in the northern part of the Tunisi Region, about 20 min from the airport, all via a nice and fast way.
The structure is really very good. The view is breath taking.
Rooms are not at the highest standard you can aspect from a Movenpick but are anyway ok.
The restaurant on the swimming pool is definitely the best of the three.
Service to be improved but anyway over the standard of Tunisia.
Breakfast is nothing exceptional but, the view once again make the difference.
Wifi is a disaster, if you are not staying near the main buildings forget about any Internet possibilities.
They have an excellent car pool service for the airport 24h. He price is reasonable and fair.

Room Tip: Avoid the room on the front beach, no wifi , no Internet and are very far from all the activities.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Spilingoto

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments of our hotel following a recent stay.
We obviously will be carefully reviewing the issue raised and thank you for feedback, essential to our existence.
With best regards and apologies for the inconvenience,

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great find. Excellent hotel on the beach. 2 pools (1 indoor) and a very well kept beach and garden. Fantastic breakfast for 7 euros. The breeze restaurant is rather good too but a bit pricey compared to other local choices. Love the decoration and design.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
wissem_11, Responsable commercial at Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Customer ,

We thank you for your encouraging comments. We are pleased to see that you have enjoyed the peace and quiet of the Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis. Be assured that during every one of your stays our staff will be available for your every need. We hope to welcome you back soon for another fantastic experience.

Wissem ARFA

Reviewed June 21, 2013

one year has passed since my last & first stay in this amazing hotel, This Hotel is really outstanding!I was there for a week and loved every minute.If you want to please your partner in an exclusive yet relaxed environment, then look no further.This Hotel is a bliss, from the front desk people to the personal servicing the outside restaurant & private beach. Need I say more.
by the way i want to say think you for this incredible 5* service in the hotel & especially in the Spa,well equipped and the personnel very experienced, what an enjoyment!

Dear Alan,

We are pleased to see that you have spent a lovely and enjoyable stay in Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis . As our aim is to meet and mostly exceed your expectations, your satisfaction is our best reward. Be assured that you are more than welcomed for another memorable stay In Gammarth.

Wissem ARFA
Director of Sales.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have stayed many times in this hotel and its my destination of choice in Tunis. I would say its the best hotel I have been to in Africa, a feel of a trendy mediterranean boutique hotel in the middle of North Africa. The staff are very helpful and professional. The reception manager Ms Leila is extremely hospitable and knowledgeable. A great venue for both business and pleasure stays. Also a ideal destination for corporate offsite given its ideal location on the coast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank amine b

Dear Amine,

It is so pleasant to see that you have enjoyed your stay in Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis . We thank you for such positive and refreshing comments. Be assured that comfort, peace and quiet are always part of the journey when staying in our property. Our devoted staff will be there to welcome you during every one of your stays. We sure hope to welcome you back very soon for another enjoyable weekend in Gammarth.

Wissem ARFA .
Director of Sales .

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I should start off by saying that this hotel is a significant improvement over where I have stayed previously in Tunis. The setting overlooking the beach and ocean is lovely. Staff are extremely pleasant and mean well but service is definitely uneven and sometimes quite confused.

My check-in was a total nightmare because although I had specifically requested a room close to the hotel building (as the property is very spread out), I had evidently been booked into one of the rooms that was the farthest possible distance from reception. When the staff understood that I could not walk long distances due to a knee condition, they first very helpfully offered to push me to and from the room in a wheelchair. However, when it became evident that the wheelchair would get stuck in the walkway paving stones, they tried to find me a room that was much closer (apparently they have a golf cart but it does not work!). The room I ended up in was a wheelchair accessible one (even though I did not use a wheelchair) and it was a standard instead of a deluxe room. However, as being able to get to and from the room was a priority, I agreed to settle for the very basic room and the rate was adjusted accordingly. The drains in the washroom had a constant unpleasant odour (reception personnel admitted that there was a 'small concern' with the drains) and despite a visit from the engineers, the A/C never worked properly. In addition, the 'accessible' shower appeared to have a drainage problem and it was impossible to avoid flooding the entire washroom floor whilst having a shower.

The main restaurant was very average food-wise but with friendly staff. However, service was definitely confused and inconsistent. Trying to get lemon juice without sugar was a huge challenge (i.e., staff insisting that there was no sugar when the drink was obviously sweetened). Another example was when I ordered sole with steamed vegetables along with the potatoes that were supposed to accompany the dish. My colleague asked to have EXACTLY the same thing. Instead, I got sole minus the potatoes and my colleague got another entirely different fish, also without potatoes. When we pointed out these deficiencies, the waiter returned with some French fries (not what was on the menu at all), We just gave up at that stage.

Airport pick-up was also a confused affair. Not only was the driver not to be found in the pre-arranged spot where I was supposed to meet him, but he then took me to the mini-van and left me sitting there in the hot, non air-conditioned mini-van for 45 minutes. It seems that the driver was required to pick up a guest from another flight (so much for the private car transport I had booked) so he simply left me waiting. Needless to say, I was hardly impressed.

So, in summary, the hotel has potential but it 1) needs to upgrade staff training; 2) do a thorough review of sewage, plumbing and air conditioning infrastructure and 3) buy a golf cart to ferry around guests stuck far away from the hotel proper.

Room Tip: This hotel is NOT good for anyone with any sort of mobility challenges or even if you need to push b...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
wissem_11, Responsable commercial at Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Guest ,

We were deeply disappointed to have taken note that your recent stay did not live up to your expectations.
We do profusely apologize for any shortfall in service that you experienced. By no means are the points you highlighted in your comments acceptable.
Your constructive criticism provides us with the opportunity to improve our services by re-training the concerned staff to be more aware of their actions and of any perceptions that may be forthcoming which ultimately make us a better hotel and while we cannot offer any excuse for the undue inconvenience that this has caused you, we do seek your kind indulgence on this very atypical occasion.

We certainly hope that this experience has not marred your overall perception of our hotel and certainly hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide the inherent services that is synonymous with our hotel.

We look forward to being of service again in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 25, 2013

just spent 4 nights in Tunis over a business trip and was really surprised by the design and service of this Hotel. Was the first time in Tunis and despite all what you can read on news, I felt very safe and was a great choice to be based only 20 minutes away from Tunis which I could easily reach daily. The Hotel is fantastic with a great design and amazing views on the Mediterranean see. I have dined several times in the Hotel and always great food and service. Could not use the Spa but the fitness center was very well equipped.
definitely suggest it and next time hope to bring the family over with me as I'm sure they would love it!

Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your last stay with us and we would like to thank you for these very kind words of praise, which will delight all our teams.
Hoping to welcome you once again, very soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Marsa
#1 of 4 in Sidi Bou Said
El Mouradi Gammarth
El Mouradi Gammarth
#4 of 11 in Gammarth

Been to Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis? Share your experiences!