Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis
$181
$174
$102
$99
Le Palace Hotel(La Marsa)
$114
$103
Orbitz.com
Hotel Bou Fares(Sidi Bou Said)
$77
  • Free Internet
La Villa Bleue(Sidi Bou Said)
$197
$185
Priceline
$38
$37
HotelsClick
Hotel Dar Said(Sidi Bou Said)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewssea viewmoroccan restaurantbusiness tripbreeze restaurantmain restaurantbeautiful hotelnice facilitiesprivate beachpool restaurantmediterranean seaspecial thanksnice viewfelt very safebreakfast buffet isamazing locationenjoyed my staysidi bou
Reviewed April 28, 2013

the visit in one of the first restaurants was a medium experience - the group was expected to be seated at various tables - very strange.

The starter and main course was also a litttle bit less convincing.

I think that there is still a crisis in the tourisme industry in Tunisa - but the crisis will not go over with such service, such facilities.

It is difficult to say what is missing - but the last final touch is not there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
wissem_11, Responsable commercial at Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your honest review of Mövenpic Hotel Gammarth Tunis .
We are constantly reviewing guest feedback to make sure that we are providing the best service possible.
I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations during your trip.
I would greatly appreciate it if you would take the time and e-mail me at wissem.arfa@moevenpick .com with a couple more details regarding your stay so that I can follow up with the appropriate departments.
we hope to welcome you back again soon,
Warm regards,

Wissem ARFA

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have never been insulted in my life before the way the staff at Movenpick insulted my fiancee and I in Tunisia. I flew for 34 hours from South America to visit the love of my life and when we came back from dinner and headed to our suite, I got a call I will NEVER forget. The front desk told me that the law in Tunisia did not allow for women to stay in their hotel cause she could be married to another man or be a prostitute. He was lucky that he was not infront of me when he said that or I would have broken his face with a single punch. However, they did not have any problems booking another suite for her so they could charge me twice and have her stay in the Hotel. I swear to God that I have seen a couple of scams in my life but nothing as cheap, low and degrating as what I experienced at Movenpick Gammarth. I had stayed a week in Villa Didon and I checked out only cause they were sold out on Saturday. But trust me when I tell you that I'm definitely going back tomorrow there for another week and NEVER, EVER in this lifetime I will be staying at this disgusting hotel which has NO SHAME!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PrinceNelson
wissem_11, Directeur général at Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

We have read your commentary on Tripadvisor.com and while we do thank you for having shared your impressions so openly and firmly, we take the liberty, (hoping this will be appreciated) to reply to it in order to clarify what seems to have been a major misunderstanding, enhanced by sometimes the limited knowledge of the English language by certain employees and possibly by some sort of personal, understandable frustration as you probably did not know how things work in Tunisia.

As far as our records go, you checked in to the Hotel alone with no mention that a second person would have joined you. As in all parts of the world, in all Hotels, a second person or visitors must be announced when invited in the room and usually, a copy of a document is requested. This is solely for security reasons.

Returning from your dinner, accompanied by your female guest (Tunisian national), once in the Hotel, it would seem that you went directly to your room without any stop over at reception. Security officers, following internal rules, alerted reception desk.

The gentlemen from reception who contacted you has among others, the rather unfortunate task of preventing any illegal practices occurring.

Been Italian myself and having been in here for almost two years, I have also found very strange this local law wondering who would travel around always with a wedding certificate to prove any liaison but unfortunately it is true, published and taken extremely seriously especially in a country like Tunisia and for international companies like us, it’s a must, adhere and comply to any rule or regulation imposed by the local jurisdiction. If other Hotels don’t apply to this, we do, for the above mentioned reasons without even mentioning how many police’ controls we have on daily basis.

It would also seem that the receptionist did not exactly speak as you reported but following your insistence to know what the law said and why, he explained that this is done specifically to avoid married Tunisian women to meet with other men which once again, in a Muslim country, is a very serious legal offence.

When these occurrences happens, the very best we can do, and to assist our valued clients, is to propose another room which been registered as single, does not cause any issues. This is not a scam, it is a rule furthermore, done in very good faith and for the wellbeing of our guests.

In light of the above explanation and without insisting any further, we find rather unfortunate to receive such a defamatory and untrue commentary, especially when most of them are rather positive underlining employees’ kindness and we wonder why this was not brought to our attention during your stay instead of waiting to leave and assuming and reporting facts at your liking.

Kind regards .

Davide Bertilaccio

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Since my company was organizing a business meeting in Tunis at this hotel I had requested info about the place , what I had heard about people who has stayed a few years ago was anything good, and it was quite bad reputation, especially concerning the service.

I have to say that I want to write this review to make justice to the hotel, the experience has been very good, everything has run smoothly.
I want to mention the two restaurants we have tried : Mediterrean and Morocco and both came out as very good , food was excellent and service at the level.

We have also tried a bit of the SpA and we were impressed for attention of details and cleanlinless. Rooms with generous space and beautiful views.

Many of us are thinking to go back for holydays with families.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Giancarlo R
wissem_11, Responsable commercial at Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Sir,

Your review is wonderful reading, allow me to thank you sincerely on behalf of all Movenpick Gammarth Staff members. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon to your Movenpick Gammarth residence.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Simples rooms with no big space or luxury But very clean.
Excelent spa and gym (try the hamam). Interior pool for winter time and exterior for summer.
Personnel is fantastic (Nice and helpful).
Beach just below with Mediterraneum warm Waters.
Breakfast was complete with variety and fresh products. Try the pancakes.
Very good morocan restaurant with an amazing Pastilla. (Great for diner)

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind and generous comments for which we are deeply proud, thank you!
Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon.

With my kindest regards,

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The place is awesome. It offers visitors a true time to relax and get the breeze. I really enjoyed their big pool. The place is also huge and the rooms are clean and well kept. Will go back anytime. Setback, is that it is far from most things. You have to take a taxi.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

Your review is wonderful reading, allow me to thank you sincerely on behalf of all Movenpick Hotel Gammarth staff members. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon to Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis.

Yours faithfully,