“Excellent choice”

Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in La Marsa
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for three nights in December 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed it. The rooms were clean and bright, the service throughout was excellent, although the towel allocation was a bit erratic. The restaurants at the property were excellent and the breakfasts very enjoyable. We were on vacation, sot his was a great choice for Carthage, Sidi Bou Said, as well as Tunis.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
wissem_11, Responsable commercial at Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your last stay with us and I would like to thank you for these very kind words of praise, which will delight all our teams.
Hoping to welcome you once again, very soon!

There are newer reviews for Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed at the Movenpick Hotel for a recent business trip and was very pleasantly surprised. I travel to Tunis frequently for business and have gone also to the coast for vacation. This is by far the best hotel in Tunisia in terms of quality that I have stayed. The room was very comfortable and spotless. The staff is attentive & the service is excellent. The lobby bar is great for drinks. The food in all the restaurants was really good... I had dinner in the Moroccan, breakfast in the main dining room, and drinks and light dinner in the Meditterean...all top notch. The hotel is a short taxi ride to sidi bizoud with many other food options, the hotel staff recommended a wonderful place for lunch. All in all if your looking for relaxation with a bit of luxury then this is your place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind and generous comments for which I am deeply proud, thank you!
Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon.
With my kindest regards,

Director of Sales.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Great Hotel. Very powerful and free WiFi. The staff were very welcoming and warm, making us feel at home. The gym equipment was state-of-the-art and easily usable, the indoor swimming pool was lovely... Especially when the staff make sure that your every need is catered for. The only thing that I would tell the hotel as a piece of very helpful criticism is to clean the beach from litter to make it more user friendly. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a warm welcome and homely interior.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Faatimah M

Dear Sir,

Your review is wonderful reading, allow me to thank you sincerely on behalf of all Movenpick Gammarth staff members. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon .

Yours faithfully,

Director of Sales.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Having stayed at some of the other supposed 5 star properties in Tunisia, I can attest that this one alone rises to an international level of quality for its dining, decor, and facilities. The Hammam also is excellent, and unlike most other hotels, free of charge with your stay. Both the Morroccan restaurant and the international cuisine restaurant are excellent. Very fashionable and refined, yet not gaudy like many other hotels in the country.

Highly recommended for a stay in Tunis.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank modest51

Thank you for these wonderful compliments,
I am so very proud that we have been able to assist in creating this lasting memory on such an important occasion.
It is always a great honor to read such great reviews, thank you for taking the time to share this on tripadvisor.
Looking forward to welcoming you again,

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Excellent hammam and massage services provided from the Moevenpick Spa. The staff was wonderful and friendly; spoke English; and comforting facilities. It was an extremely relaxing experience and I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to try out a hammam in a luxurious setting. I have been to other locations throughout Tunis and this is the best they have to offer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Records293758

Dear Guest,

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon.

With my kindest regards,

Reviewed October 22, 2012

First the good poiint:
Staff: Very helpful and friendly. Everybody greets you and let you feel "home".

Areas to improve:
I strongly believe that the hotel management could be more present and check basic things like cleanless in the rooms! Please see the attached pictures. My pillow had some old stains and wasn't very nice to see and sleep on it. Thank god I always travel with my own pillow cover!
The bathroom was quite old and just not clean. Please see attached pictures.

I didn't complain about because I was tired and just wanted to go sleep that day. But Having been in several Mövenpick Hotels around the world I must say that unfortunately I wasn't very impressed by this property.

Another incident that proofs to me the lack of rules was the following: During my check in I asked if there was a shop in the hotel in order to buy a hair gel which I forgot at home. The friendly staff at the reception told me "no, but we can send someone to buy it for you in a nearby shop." I was happy to hear that and told them to go ahead. I picked up the gel in the evening before going to bed. In entered my room and put the "do not disturb" sign on the handle. After approx. 20 minutes (I was ready to go sleep) someone knocked on the door. It was the gentleman from the front office asking me if I could pay the gel now as he had to advance the money for it!!! I was just too tired to start arguing and gave him the requested 10 (!) Euro. Well, in any other respectable hotel, this item would have been added to my bill...

All in all, I can't recommend Mövenpick Gammarth.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Juri1969
wissem_11, Responsable commercial at Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

First and foremost allow us to thank you for having chosen “Movenpick Gammarth” as a venue to spend a few days for your holiday.

We do apologize unreservedly for the undue inconvenience and disappointment that you experienced during your last visit.
The comments you highlighted are certainly a cause of concern on our part and we have been addressing them with the respective department heads. It provided us with the opportunity to improve our services by re-training the concerned staff which ultimately makes us a better hotel.

We sincerely seek your understanding when we say that our objective was in no way to lower our renowned quality of service standards and can only ask for your kind indulgence on this occasion.

We hope that there will soon be another occasion for you to return to Paris and to Movenpick Gammarth.

Looking forward to that pleasure I remain,

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Movenpick is truly a stunnining hotel and provides a beautiful place to relax. The hotel's facilities are the best around. The service can vary, but when it's good, can be very good. The spa is beautiful, clean, and provides great service. It's a great getaway.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sara s
wissem_11, Responsable commercial at Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We are thankful for your positive comment . Everyday we dedicate ourselves to deliver our guests the higher standards of service. We are happy that we achieved to offer you this "excellent" level of service. The team was grateful to your positive feedback.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

With my best regards,

#1 of 4 in Sidi Bou Said
El Mouradi Gammarth
El Mouradi Gammarth
#4 of 11 in Gammarth

Been to Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis? Share your experiences!