“Spa Service”

Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in La Marsa
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Excellent hammam and massage services provided from the Moevenpick Spa. The staff was wonderful and friendly; spoke English; and comforting facilities. It was an extremely relaxing experience and I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to try out a hammam in a luxurious setting. I have been to other locations throughout Tunis and this is the best they have to offer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Records293758
wissem_11, Responsable commercial at Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind and generous comments for which I am deeply proud, thank you!
Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon.

With my kindest regards,

Reviewed October 22, 2012

First the good poiint:
Staff: Very helpful and friendly. Everybody greets you and let you feel "home".

Areas to improve:
I strongly believe that the hotel management could be more present and check basic things like cleanless in the rooms! Please see the attached pictures. My pillow had some old stains and wasn't very nice to see and sleep on it. Thank god I always travel with my own pillow cover!
The bathroom was quite old and just not clean. Please see attached pictures.

I didn't complain about because I was tired and just wanted to go sleep that day. But Having been in several Mövenpick Hotels around the world I must say that unfortunately I wasn't very impressed by this property.

Another incident that proofs to me the lack of rules was the following: During my check in I asked if there was a shop in the hotel in order to buy a hair gel which I forgot at home. The friendly staff at the reception told me "no, but we can send someone to buy it for you in a nearby shop." I was happy to hear that and told them to go ahead. I picked up the gel in the evening before going to bed. In entered my room and put the "do not disturb" sign on the handle. After approx. 20 minutes (I was ready to go sleep) someone knocked on the door. It was the gentleman from the front office asking me if I could pay the gel now as he had to advance the money for it!!! I was just too tired to start arguing and gave him the requested 10 (!) Euro. Well, in any other respectable hotel, this item would have been added to my bill...

All in all, I can't recommend Mövenpick Gammarth.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Juri1969
wissem_11, Responsable commercial at Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

First and foremost allow us to thank you for having chosen “Movenpick Gammarth” as a venue to spend a few days for your holiday.

We do apologize unreservedly for the undue inconvenience and disappointment that you experienced during your last visit.
The comments you highlighted are certainly a cause of concern on our part and we have been addressing them with the respective department heads. It provided us with the opportunity to improve our services by re-training the concerned staff which ultimately makes us a better hotel.

We sincerely seek your understanding when we say that our objective was in no way to lower our renowned quality of service standards and can only ask for your kind indulgence on this occasion.

We hope that there will soon be another occasion for you to return to Paris and to Movenpick Gammarth.

Looking forward to that pleasure I remain,

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Movenpick is truly a stunnining hotel and provides a beautiful place to relax. The hotel's facilities are the best around. The service can vary, but when it's good, can be very good. The spa is beautiful, clean, and provides great service. It's a great getaway.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sara s
wissem_11, Responsable commercial at Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We are thankful for your positive comment . Everyday we dedicate ourselves to deliver our guests the higher standards of service. We are happy that we achieved to offer you this "excellent" level of service. The team was grateful to your positive feedback.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

With my best regards,

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My stay was within the frame of a conference, this is the fourth time, I and my group chose the Moevenpick Hotel. the friendly staff, the amazing view, the warm hosting, the excellent atmosphere for work made it all tempting to go back there each time and leave with the intention to come back next time.
Thank you all, keep it up!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BasmaTunisia

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to see that you have spent a lovely and enjoyable stay at Movenpick Hotel Gammarth. As our aim is to meet and mostly exceed your expectations, your satisfaction is our best reward. Be assured that you are more than welcomed for another memorable stay In Gammarth.

Best Regards.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Arrived on Thursday night, to a very beautiful setting. My bag hadn't followed me to the room so I went and got it after 45 minutes, no matter.
On Friday I ate a lobster sandwich at the Mediterranean restaurant and from then until I left on Sunday I was horrendously unwell, with a swollen painful stomach and high temperature. I spent the remainder of my stay sweating in the hotel.
The service was very poor across all employees, from housekeeping bursting into the room without knocking on multiple occasions, catching my girlfriend and I in various states of undress, to large delays in waiter service and requests to reception, as well as frequently encountering a surly attitude. It's hard to remain pleasant when everything has to be requested repeatedly, but we did. On a positive, the spa was great and the staff there were lovely. I think they need to implement more training. One particularly bad example was when we requested a sheet for the bed on Friday (duvet was too hot); when this didn't arrive we asked again at noon on Saturday - at half past midnight on Sunday morning a man knocked on the door waking us both up, to give me a sheet, ie. 12.5 hours later.
My watch, which I left in my room was dropped while I was away and now has a scuff mark on it.

If staffing/training was better, and the food was trustworthy (I'd expect food at a large premium hotel chain to be safe wherever it is in the world), then this place is worth a look. Unfortunately until then it ranks amongst the worst experiences I've had in many years of travelling for business and pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2012
wissem_11, Responsable commercial at Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feed back about your experience at our Hotel and let you know how sorry we are that your stay was marred by various deficiencies and lack of attention to detail.

We take these commentaries very seriously and we only wish you would have contacted us before, especially while feeling sick and not just upon check out while paying your invoice.

As advised by our Duty Manager, we could have called our Doctor in no time instead of giving you the impression of lacking of reaction inputs when asked for compensation ( and offering only one night for free) and maybe, things would have appeared differently.

Just to clarify your statement and for the sake of our reputation, so easily spoiled by comments that would need a more solid background, out of the over 200 covers served on that very same day in our outlets, another 7 sandwiches like the one order by you were prepared and in total honesty, we had not issue or claim whatsoever.

Although it would seem from you comments that it will be difficult to give us another opportunity, we sincerely hope to welcome you back to our property and possibly demonstrate you the real nature of our services.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Beautiful 5* hotel in a very nice location on the beach but in need of improvement. Although very pleasant, Customer Service lacks of professionalism. Check in and check out were very slow, even during late evening when guest arrive tired and need to get their room keys fast. Transfert back to airport was 45 minutes late for no valid reason which was making us very nervous.

Breakfast repetitive and lacking of local speciality food. A la carte restaurant very slow and food like fish overcooked. On one occasion, smelly fish was served to a 3 year old boy and had to be returned to the kitchen. Service very slow and waiters not very attentive.

Chamber Maids took very long to do the rooms and would arrive even late at night on some occasions.

However, staff was very kind as a whole but need to be trained properly.

Rooms, swimming pools and other facilities were great.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

While we note with pleasure that you seemed to enjoy your overall stay, we do apologize unreservedly for the undue inconvenience and disappointment that you experienced during your last visit.

We hope that there will soon be another occasion for you to return to Gammarth and to The Movenpick Gammarth.
Looking forward to that pleasure I remain,

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was a one night business trip. Friendly service in the restaurants, quick and courteous check-in. Bedroom was 4* plus, clean, new or recently refurbished. Lobby was spacious, modern, plenty of marble, attentive service;
What pleased me most was that hotel is sold as 4-5 star and that is what i got (you know how it goes sometimes).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank DickieBrussels

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We look forward to your next stay with us.

With my best regards,

#4 of 6 in La Marsa
Ramada Plaza Tunis
Ramada Plaza Tunis
#2 of 12 in Gammarth

Been to Movenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis? Share your experiences!