Staying at the Zarzis in the early part of August, the weather was fantastic and we did not have one overcast day . The Hotel itself had some very good aspects but for every positive there was definately many negatives . To be succinct .....................
1. pool was clean but tiles around the pool were a hazard. We witnessed two very nasty falls , both children and both head injuries caused by slipping .
2. restaurant food was of a good standard and there was alot of variety , however there was no air conditioning .
3. reception area was clean and welcoming but reception staff were the opposite .
4. entertainment staff worked tirelessly in the day and they did brilliantly with the limited tools they had however the evening entertainment was embarassing to watch . A re-enactment of river dance was a cross between a russian dance and a michael jackson moonwalk repeated over and over again over a ten minute period (too many other shows to mention but all equally awful)
5. rooms were basic but clean . towels were not replaced every day and sometimes between a family of 6 we had 2 between us !!
6. Hotel is isolated . went to a childs fair 5 minutes down the road . felt very intimidated and at one stage thought we may get mugged . never ventured out of the hotel again !!
&. Hotel rep ............. dont bother with him !! nuf said !!
7. Health and safety in Tunisia is not its best . expect in the evening to find the indoor pool doors left open . Not great when you have toddlers around and poor lighting . (will leave your imagination to do the rest)
8. no free internet access ??? the mind boggles when it is meant to be a high rating hotel ???
9. not much shade around the pool
10. free drinks serves in flimsy plastic cups and I mean FLIMSY . cheldren served hot chocolate in these !!
11. beach is fantastic , water sports good .
12 . childrens play area is clean.
13 . mainly french speaking
1. no one harrassed you to book outings , participate in games etc .
All in all , you get what you pay for ................ The Hotel should be a 3 star and stop fooling people into thinking different . I for one read the reviews before I went away so I was not under any illusion as to what to expect .
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eden Star Zarzis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Resort Eden Star Zarzis Hotel Zarzis
- Vincci Hotel Eden Star Zarzis
- Vincci Zarzis