I went to Safira Palms part of a group of 5, we stayed for 2 weeks 20th July - 3rd August. To start with, between us we had 2 rooms one pool facing and one sea facing which were on the same floor adjacent to each other, the rooms were sparking clean and the hairdryer and shower were both good and powerful. The beds were a little uncomfortable but we got used to it, air conditioning in the room was a plus. Moving on, the food was 'good/okay' there was plenty of variety; fish, chicken, beef, pizza, soup, pasta, salad, lamb etc... you wouldn't go hungry I can tell you that. If anything as we were there for 2 weeks we did become a little bit 'ugh' as it was the same thing literally every night, morning, lunch... Ice cream and pancakes were always available in between meals though it was nice. I took full advantage of the free bar :') The daytime activities consisted of from what i can remember, darts, aqua gym, aerobics, water polo, beach volleyball and also numerous pool games which were fun to take part in or watch.The best part of the holiday in my opinion were the animation team, without them it would have been no where near as good they really made the holiday. They are fun, quirky, shameless and so friendly. One i'd like to comment on in particular goes by the name of Sam. He was so friendly and I really will miss him above all. He makes everyone feel welcome and tries to get everyone involved. The nighttime entertainment was a kiddie disco from 8:30-9pm and then there was a show put on by the animation team, 9:30 - around 10:30 usually a dance number which was good, I enjoyed that as well as the beach parties the put on weekly i think. The only bad aspects of the holiday were how there were always people trying to sell you excursions and were very persistent and the language barrier in that the majority of staff spoke very little english but that was to be expected it just left you feeling a tad... alienated in a way from everyone else there, also the hotel was remote so you couldnt travel outside the hotel to your own accord unless on a booked excursion to the market or to the beach, a stones throw from the hotel. Overall I had a very good time and would most definitely visit again and would recommend it to people looking for a good, relaxing break!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Safira Palms Hotel & Spa is an All-Inclusive hotel in Zarzis, opposite the beautiful Ras Marmour beach, on the Tunisian coast. Sun, beach, tranquillity and luxury are the main features of this resort primarily designed for couples and families with children. The top Safira Palms hotel & Spa is an excellent choice for an unforgettable holiday in Tunisia with the beautiful Ras Marmour beach to accompany it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Safira Palms Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Safira Palms Hotel Zarzis
- Iberostar Hotel Zarzis
- Iberostar Hotel Safira Palms