“Nice Experience”

Ranked #76 of 117 Hotels in Hammamet
London, United Kingdom
“Nice Experience”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel is very nice, clean, with a wide hall.
The position is good: 5 minutes walking to the beach, 5 minutes by taxi to the centre of Hammamet (the taxis are very cheap, something about 2 € for each way) and 12 minutes by taxi to Hammamet Yasmine.
The reception service is 24 hours, the personnel is so kind and pleasant and they speak a good english and italian.
The hotel offers a lot of services as booking for excursions or diving lessons; within the Residence there are also a swimming pool, a restaurant/bar, a shop and a hairdresser.
They have also a small private beach, but there is a man that charges 10 Dinari (about 5 €) per day for the sun beds. The rest of the beach is free, so we have choosen to stay on the sand, next the private beach.
The rooms are confortable and equipped with fridge, tv, telephone, safe and air condition (there isn't the hairdrier!); most of them offers a nice view on the internal garden and the swimming pool.
The breakfast (opened from 6 to 10:30 a.m.) consists of yogurt, croissant and pan au chocolat, cakes, typical tunisian sweets, bread, several vegetables, cheese, ham, fruit, jam and honey, orange and lemon juice, milk, coffee and a wide selection of tea.
The restaurant offers a menu composed by both traditional and international food.
Moreover along the same street there are other restaurants.

Points of weaknesss:
- The double room is composed by two single beds with one sheet: the result is that in the middle between the two beds there is a hole!
- The cleaner usually makes up the room around 3 p.m. or after, without considering you green ticket outside the door during the morning: sometimes it can result a bit inconvenient!
- In the residence there isn't any cash point; they are available to change your cash, but if you need an ATM point the closest one is 5 minutes walking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Irene L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Newmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel is VERY basic, reminded me of cheap hostel style accommodation I stayed in whilst travelling.
A lot of effort is put in by the staff (e.g great pool service, decoration of flowers on beds) although it doesn't quite weigh out the cons of this hotel. There are zero luxury restraints in hammamet. Including the hotel's resteraunt. The pool itself is small and basic. The breakfast is miserable! The size of the breakfast room is tiny. The rooms are also very small and smell really musky! We had the windows open constantly to air it out but couldn't get rid of it. Beds are hard. The shower is so bad! It's a pokey shower head that isn't fixed above your head, so ladies you will need to bend down to wash your hair! The shower broke whilst we were there and the bathroom was constantly flooded.
I wouldn't recomend this hotel for holiday luxury, or in the least bit anything fancy.
Other than that as Insaid before, staff are very lovely and cheerful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sabrina G

Travelers are raving about these Hammamet hotels

italy
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I had a brief stay the this residence I found the rooms to be very basic and not very clean. The breakfast was also very basic with only juice and cakes a small bit of cheese on offer for the guests. However I did find some of the staff friendly enough and the managers not so friendly. I would not recommend this residence for tourists traveling alone. One Taxi driver told me not a lot of tourists stay at this place he also informed me it is a residence not a hotel. In my experience I would pass it as a reasonable hostel if this is what the tourist are looking for but do not expect luxury

Stayed May 2012
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2012

arrived after booking out of nightmare hotel in sousse to find that the agents had not notified the hotel of our arrival. the receptionist could not do more to help us, putting us into a room,showing us around and assuring us that they would sort things out, which they did within hours.The hotel itself is a bit tired and could do with a makeover but having said that, it was a relaxing and enjoyable two weeks. The staff were all so friendly, pool area was never crowded and because it it a relatively small hotel we became very friendly with a few of the other guests.
Overall a very nice friendly 2/3 cheap star hotel and well worth the money

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hull
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I've just come back from a fortnight half board at the Residence Romane & I cant praise the owners (3 brothers, Heikel, Sami & Ridha) & staff enough, they always had a smile on there face & nothing was too much trouble for them. Unfortunately Tunisia didn't turn out to be my type of holiday fortunately the Residence Romane was such a friendly hotel we didn't really need to travel far & the guests in the hotel helped make the holiday (thank you Clare & Marcia & Paul & Bernadette). If you want to pick faults, like anywhere you could, but nothing was a major problem & if something was wrong, all you needed to do was see them at reception & they would sort it out for you. the food was not the buffet style but a menu off the restaurant's menu, I had no complaints what so ever over the food. On our last day our transfer failed to turn up & Ridha took us to Tunis Airport, over an hours drive, thank you again Ridha. If I ever decide to go back to Tunisia I would definitely stop at the Romane.

Room Tip: Pick a pool view with preferably a balcony
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank celticgreenie
West Sussex
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had never been to this part of the world before so my friend and I thought we'd give it ago. I have mixed feelings about our holiday over all. The staff at Residence Romane are all lovely and very very helpful, nothing is too much trouble for them. The hotel could do with a bit of TLC in places but generally very nice, clean stay. On our arrival, we were put into a very small dingy not so desirable double room. Despite us booking a Twin room!! we had to wait 2 nights before we could move to a twin room because apparently the current guest wanted to stay an extra night?? we decided to pay a little extra for a pool view room, but I'm questioning whether the twin room we were meant to have been booked into in the first place would have been a pool view or not. Little unsure if we have been ripped off a little here?
We opted for Bed and Breakfast.
Breakfast was usually plentiful, however if you got there towards the end of service (breakfast was 6.30-10am) we usually got there around 8.30-9.30am, the supplies were often sparse, and things had already started being cleared away (no cups, plates, coffee urn been turned off) Also for what we paid, I had hoped for a little more choice other than fruit, yoghurt and pastries, although there was lots of it.
My last little thing, although this is probably just unfortunate for our stay. Whilst we were there we had a couple of days of very heavy rain. Now because we were on the top floor but the floor above us was building in progress, part of our ceiling soon became wet and began dripping! It wasn't anything major the roof wasn't about the cave in but the sound of the occasional water drop dripping down onto the floor/stool was a little un-nerving. The manager/staff didn't seem bothered in the slightest and just left it. Luckily it was towards the end of our stay so we only had a couple of nights of dripping!!
It is a lovely hotel with lovely staff but feel there are a few areas that could have been better.

Room Tip: Opt for a pool view, much better/more spacious rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed at the Residence Romane for 2 weeks half board at the end of June.My room was at the front of the hotel so was disturbed by traffic at night when sleeping.My room was pleasant,
large perhaps could have done with a lick of paint.The breakfast was very
basic with not much variety to choose from,not even cereal,but set dinner was nice,although
again the menu choice small therefore I would not recommend half board as an option as the
restaurant is open all day and more dishes to choose from at very reasonable prices.The pool
area was pleasant and a nice place to chill out and enjoy the sunshine,the beach only five minutes walk away and very clean,sandy and clear calm waters,ideal for families.The hotel is not central and a good 30 minutes walk from the Medina.The staff at the hotel were very helpful friendly and kind.....but for me there was just something missing,hard to explain........

Room Tip: The rooms with a pool view are far superior and worth the small extra charge........
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo