“nice and relaxing vacation, but could have been great”

Hotel Club President
Ranked #24 of 118 Hotels in Hammamet
Novi Sad, Serbia
“nice and relaxing vacation, but could have been great”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My fiance and I just came back so this is my impression:

We came late at night and there was a prank from receptionist, the same one we had in Egypt two years ago. Receptionist showed us a bungalow room with single beds, and it is obvious from our passport last names that we are couple and not brother and sister. So we wanted a room with double bed and he brought us to a room 312 in the main building and demanded money because of sea view that we did't demand. Yes, I know those Tunisian guys are poor and everything but to call me on phone from reception and demand money...c'mon !!! I gave them 10 TD not much, but felt robbed.

The room was old but it was kept clean with new linen and towels changed every day. The problem was that the room was looking on a bar across the hotel. There, they have extremely loud live music that sounds like...traditional Arabic music I guess . So we had to close terrace door hard because this guy was screaming till 2 AM. That means we had to turn on air condition every night...shame. So please Mr. Manager make this guy stop singing (or whatever his screaming is called) make a bargain with the bar, threaten them, anything for the sake of your guests.

The food in hotel is great with lots of varieties and pizzas and pastas for kids. The waiters are doing tremendous job in a restaurant. They are fast, and very polite.

The pool area and garden are kept clean and they are great for families with small kids. The garden looks great as well.

Most of the tourists come from France, Russia and Italy and they are very polite. We didn't have problem with communication, although we come from Serbia, because we know some Russian and Italian.

The beach is great and clean with small bar there, but you can't have a beer there, only soda.
The sun beds are the heaviest I have ever seen, so moving them throughout the day is good way of making your mussels work :) The Tunisian sellers on beach are very rude and stubborn, each and every day: fake tattoos, fruits, cigarettes, parachutes...I wanted to put sign on the umbrella :DON'T DISTURB :)

Around the hotel there isn't too much going on : couple of bars and stores with pushy salesmen.

The animation and daily and evening programs were nice, although this is not my cup of tea, but most of the people in hotel enjoyed it.

All in all, we enjoyed being there. Would recommend this hotel for families. 3+

Best wishes, keep up the good work and strive for excellence.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank slavko p
benezzeddine, Directeur général at Hotel Club President, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your comment, I'm glad to know that you enjoeyd the hotel.
For what concern the noise during the night I will put one more staff of the security just to check and stop the noise if necessary.
Giuseppe Carlini Manager Hotel Club President

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed for two weeks in this hotel. First impression: we came at night, very rude receptionist gave us a key and a man who did not even say hello to us, was wandering 30 minutes to find our bungalow, what ended in destroying our suitcase by him (of course without any apologize). The next day we had to change our room because of huge insects in it and rather scary bathroom. We were witnesses of unprofessional behaviour of a women, who is possibly a hotel manager and who cried at our resident. Rooms in the main building are standard 3*, with a little outdated furniture and dust everywhere. Plus: towels are changed every day and the bathroom is also cleaned daily. The food is good, with a sample of tunisian dishes. But the breakfast is always the same: cold scrambled eggs and sausages, no cheese and no change of menu for 2 weeks! Bar: very nice barmans, when they get used to you, they are very friendly, even if they do not know English. Alcohol: nothing special. Pools: clean and nothing to complain about. Animations: water polo, aqua aerobic, dancing- quite interesting but if you want to rest at the pool you won't have a chance- animators would not give you a while for that. Hotel's beach: very good maintained, this is the best point of holidays there. It's not a good hotel for other nationalities than: Russians and French. Many people here have also stomach problems... To sum up: we didn't expected anything special for 3* hotel, but we were dissappointed that we could not communicate with any staff (receptionists when I came to them and said in English did not understand me, and when we checked out they did not even said goodbye) and it was rather unpleasant to see arguments beetween managers and staff- particulary at the bar. I'm a hotel manager in Poland and some behaviours there were unbelievable for me. Our advise: if you don't expect nothing but sea and sun you may choose this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JustynaGosia
benezzeddine, Directeur général at Hotel Club President, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Guest

I read your advice and thank you for the good comments.
I personnally apologize for the behavior of some of the staff, be sure that I will check personnaly this problem.
Ilminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Firstly we are a couple both aged 27. My partner and I are both fairly well traveled, not overly fussy about accommodation nor do we like to slum it. Both fairly average people like you. My partner is a psychology teacher and I am a Hospitality & Catering NVQ assessor. I hope my profession and experience throws some weight to our reviews, I feel that my reviews on tripadvisor should be fair as I expect a certain level of hospitality but also understand the pressures of working within the industry.

I say all of this boring background stuff because some people just love to moan and some people just love anything if they are away from work. So I hope that you can gauge your own feelings on this hotel based on our background and review compared to your expectations.

Firstly we booked on lowcostholidays and paid 550 each for 2 weeks all inclusive including transfers, which to be fair was pretty cheap!

Rooms - We found our room perfectly clean (we are not the type to stick our heads behind the toilet to look for pubes and take pictures) It was absolutely fine, of good size and had everything you would need on an all inclusive break.

Facilities - It appears to be a predominantly French hotel with a smattering of Russians, we met 2 families of English people at the hotel in 2 weeks. We don't really care who else is staying at the hotel but if it does bother you bear in mind that most of the staff speak very little English and tend to just ignore you or avoid you unless you speak French or Russian. There is a small shop with ice creams, tack, crisps, water, postcards etc. There are some arcade games for kids and a pool table. There are 2 outdoor swimming pools which are well kept and we enjoyed them. The main pool immediately outside the door is where the animation team operate during the day (We hate the whole inclusive games, dancing and singing thing! The animation team are very pushy, loud and relentless who will not leave you alone even if you make it clear your not interested so go to the other pool!) Entertainment in the evening is energetic and seemed fun.....if your French! We don't like that sort of thing anyway but if you do its all in French.

Outside of the hotel - The beach was the saving grace for this holiday. The hotel has allocated spots over the road on the beach. You don't have to pay for sunbeds and surprisingly there were loads of them! We did not struggle at all for 2 weeks to get a bed. The beach was pure sand and really clean. As for things to do close to the hotel there are only a handful of shops and restaurants, so unless you plan to sit by the hotel pool or beach for 2 weeks and never deviate its pretty dull. The shop owners are extremely pushy! we wanted to buy some gifts but the shop workers put us off completely. Restaurants all have almost identical menus within the local area. Taxi drivers will rip you off and use the language barrier as an excuse even when you make it clear when you get in or ask for a receipt as I did.

Reading back on my review it probably seems like I have moaned a lot. But as far as the hotel goes; the rooms are fine and what you would expect for the price you pay, pools are nice and clean but stay away from the main pool if you want to relax, food is fine and as an ex-chef not rubbish and not amazing. The guy who does your shisha's is very nice, other bar staff generally quite rude and selection of drinks is poor and tasted watery. Guy who sells flowers is really nice make sure you buy from him.

Outside of the hotel people are (in our experience but maybe unlucky) very pushy, rude, and anti-British (we got told it was our fault that the middle east conflict was going on).

We liked our holiday as we were looking for 2 weeks in the sun to forget about work, read and swim occasionally so most of the stuff I mentioned did not bother us particularly. I would recommend the hotel just for the beach and acceptable rooms for what we paid.

Please send me a message if you want particulars, I would be happy to elaborate on any areas because we know how annoying it is to spend your hard earned money on a holiday you didn't enjoy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank kevtorq
benezzeddine, Directeur général at Hotel Club President, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guests
Thank you so much for your comments.
I can find lot of information that are very useful to improve the hotel.

With the next opening the whole staff will give a particular attention for all the English speaking guests.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Our trip didn't start off the best as we arrived late due to our flight being delayed, they took us to our room which ended up being a room with three single beds, we requested a different room as we had booked a room with a Sea view and double bed! We were moved straight away but the second room had not been cleaned and we found someones dirty knickers in the bathroom! The manager immediately went to look for an alternative room but could not find one - we were told that one would be available the next day when guests were checking out - so we had to stay in the triple room for a night - the room in itself was with the villas and was extremely spacious and clean.
The next day we went to reception, explained what had happened and the Manager on duty was extremely apologetic, he advised that we could have a room in the Villas or for a small surcharge could move to the main hotel - we opted to stay in the main hotel!
We were given a selection of 8 different rooms, chose which one we wanted and what can I say - we were extremely happy. The room was clean, spacious, bright and had an amazing sea view with a balcony!
The experience from here just got better and better - we forgot our travel adaptor - the hotel staff did everything they could to get us one - they went so far as travelling to the nearest market town to buy us a couple. Anything we needed that wasn't available - Jameel from the shop would find it for us!
The animation team were fantastic - Mourad did everything possible to make us feel at home! Different shows every night, dance lessons, competitions - but the seating gets packed quickly.
The restaurant staff really go out of their way for you - Ali deserves a special mention!!! The food was always different and absolutely delicious, the only concern was that my wife is a vegetarian and we had to be very careful as sometimes the food (even though labelled as vegetarian) contained meat - but there was always a wide selection!
Drinks - big variety and always flowing! The bar was always fully stocked and shisha was always available - a special mention to Mongi who went and bought us the flavour that we wanted (that wasn't available at the Hotel). The club, though small, was great - played fantastic music and the drinks were great!
If you want to take time to exercise then the water aerobics was fantastic too.
The beach was a short walk across the road and shade and loungers available for all hotel residents.
Most of the residents were French/Russian/Polish so the tours catered for them, we found it difficult to find a tour that was English speaking - so word of advice - book one before you travel. The Hotel staff did find us a private tour with an English speaking guide - it was well worth it and a special present for my beautiful wife!
The spa facilities were questionable - a small hut with two rooms though the staff were very polite and helpful!
The staff advised us of a Market that sold goods at a much lower price than the surrounding shops so we caught a taxi there and we found some fantastic deals - word of advice - do not believe everything that the market traders tell you - some of the shops in the marker area will sell to you at a better price!
Games area - overflowing with children at even the latest of hours, who invited themselves into our Pool games - not good!
Overall the hotel was fantastic, great location and the staff were extremely helpful and polite! We opted for the All-inclusive - which was worth every penny - no need to go to the surrounding restaurants - who by the way will rip you off!!!

Room Tip: We paid an extra £30 (for a two week stay) at reception and were moved to the main Hotel to a Sea Vi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WS71
benezzeddine, Directeur général at Hotel Club President, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guests
Thank you for your comments.
I am pleased to know that despite some initial difficulties you appreciated your stay.
We would be happy to welcome you again
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

i stayed in the hotel chambers and found them all right. no hair dryers though, air con was great , rooms cleaned daily, i found the food was good but breakfast was limited, all others meals had a good choice and kept clean, pool areas are good as theres a quiet and noiser one, bar staff are abit moody but animation was brillant, it was different every night and was funny and colourfull. bit of a problem with no english speaking people or staff, moreno helped us with some of the language differcult,s so he was fab and made are holiday more enjoyable . well done moreno. would of liked to stay in contact with moreno if only to say thank you. if possible pass on my facebook to moreno please. mandy burton x

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank mandy b
Dear Guest
First of all sorry for the delay I responds to your comment.
Thank you for the compliments.
About the lack of English speaking staff you are right.
We'll do the necessary this season to improve this situation.
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This a very nice hotel, my friend and I have just returned from there. We was disappointed to find that we were the only English there and the entertainment was good when is was the animation team dancing etc, but when they done comedy acts etc this wasn't in English so we was unable to understand. On the 1st day I had a bad fall on a broken step, the staff on reception didn't understand me. However, later I retuned as I was still in discomfort and then found one member of staff who did speak English, who then gave me some aid. At first we tried to get a rep to move us only to find there wasn't an English speaking rep so we gave up the battle and made the best of it. Some staff were quite rude to us as they didnt understand, however a few days into our stay some staff became more welcoming.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank sharonewen77
benezzeddine, Directeur général at Hotel Club President, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Guest

I read your comment, and I have to say that we have actually few people of the staff speaking good English.This is the first year that we have English speaking guest, we want to improuve that and we'll get more people speaking English in a short time.
All the staff is very polite but it's true that sometimes you can find a problem of communication.Concerning the shows we do the maximum for having un international "ambiance".
Your comment well'be very usefull for us.

Sofia, Grad Sofiya, Bulgaria
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at hotel Le President for a week from 28.08-04.09. It was excactly what i have expected . The hotel is 3* so when you pay for 3* don't expect 5 *... The most importnat thing that all should know is that the hotel have 2 parts - chambers and main building. When you make your reservation, be sure that you will be in the main building. The chambers need renovation and in my own opinion are awful. The hotel's main building is ok - our room had sea view and pool view, they cleaned it every day. You should know that the hotel is a bit old so do not expect fashion furniture ot new bathrooms :) The food is ok - a great variety of all kind of meals and there is always pizza and pasta if you don't like anything else. There is a bar opened from 10 a.m. till 23 p.m. with many drinks and coctails which are included in the all incl. program. The animation in this hotel is awesome - every night different shows, the animators are great young people, we always stayed and watched the program. The beach is more than perfect - white sand, clean beach, crystal wather - just perfect! The 4 pools, two of them are for kids, are nice - one is very noisy and the other is quiet. There is a nice garden when you can have a rest :)

Room Tip: you should choose a room in the main building not in the chambers because the chambers are very, ver...
Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
12 Thank Angel_sss
benezzeddine, Directeur général at Hotel Club President, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Guests
Thank you so much for your comments.
The whole staff wish you all the best.
The management of the Hotel Club President