Zodiac
$1,152
$153
Saphir Palace & Spa(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
$120
$51
  • Pool
Medina Solaria & Thalasso(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
$82
$88
$87
$70
HotelQuickly
All reviewsbar stafftraditional tunisian foodfresh crepeshome from homecant waitpool sideoutdoor poolmidoentertainers
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Just got back after 11 days in this hotel, the first 9 of them I was ill and then my partner was ill the last few days, after paying nealy £1,212 for all inclusive had to eat out for most of the holiday. We arrived at the airport at 1 o'clock in the morning and had to wait 2 hours to get the baggage, then an hours drive to the hotel we finally arrived at nearly 4am to be taken to our room which was on the ground floor, we had requested a room on a high floor with pool view, the night staff said we would have to speak to the receptionist the next morning. we managed to get a few hours sleep and went to complain to the rep and to the receptionist who told us no room was free and they have no details of us requesting a high floor until I showed them the paperwork and she told us to come back the following morning and she would have one free. We went back to our room to have a proper look at the room, the furniture was dated and paint falling off it, the view out the back was of a road with a tree blocking half of that, then there was an army of ants with 2 plastic patio chairs that looked years old. We decided to go to breakfast to cheer ourselves up, OMG there was more flies on the food than guests, they were all over the fresh bread and breakfast was coissants and some hot food which I couldn't tell what the hell it was. They had quite a lot of dessersts out which the flies realy appreciated. We just got a drink and prayed lunch and dinner would be an improvement. The next day we went back again to find out about getting a new room, they said one was free and moved us up to the 2nd floor which was over looking the pool, i was impressed at 1st as they had stuck to their word until in the night time we come back after having a walk and the toilet was flooded with water leaking right through the electric light in the ceiling, we informed them but no one came to check it out. After the flood the air con went off and yes another sleepless night most of it I spent sitting on a chair on the balcony as I was that hot, next day we reported the air con and they sent the maintenance man up to fix it with the bell boy who huffed an puffed because we didnt speak French. They told us they had fixed it so again we went for a walk and came back and it was working. That lasted until the next day and again the flood came in the toilet and then the air con was off again, by this time we were both exhusted through lack of sleep and food. We asked to change the room and yet again we were moved to one on the first floor near the back of the hotel, by this time I didnt care about the view I just wanted to be able to breath with working air con. We decided to try the restaurant again but exactly the same flies everywhere, the french werent bothered in the slightest, but I thought hygeine was a basic standard ? ? ? pure disgusting never seen anything like it in my life, we tried going to the restaurant on different days and different times but ended up with just drinks everytime, they had the same foods out everyday and one night they served prawns which I wasn't brave enough to try but I did see an awful lot of plates being sent back full of prawns, even the french turned there nose up so they must of been bad, lunch time the following day funnily enough they had a large amount of prawn pasta lol. unbelievable. If you are looking for a stress free holiday please don't even consider this hotel as you will be crying as I was on a few occasions, even going out of the hotel for a walk was a hastle as the men in the street constantly try and rip you off, they pretend they work as a chef in your hotel so they can chat to you to get you in to one of their mates shop where the mate will tell you the more items you choose the better the deal he will give, we picked up 3 fake tops and a fake watch and the man wanted £270 for them when we refused to pay he chased us half way up the street shouting we had disrespected him, what a joke and to top the lot the man that said he worked as a chef in our hotel came back to tell us to give him some paper money and not coins for a drink for himself for taking us to his mates shop, what a joke this country is, the people have no morals whatsoever, he didn't work in our hotel he was just a chancer one of quite a few we later discovered, they were everywhere like vultures, if you want a decent holiday please dont even consider this disgusting immoral place.

Room Tip: There is no good rooms at this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank doc7986
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Just returned from a lovely stay at the Zodiac Hotel. On arrival we were given a refreshing fruit cocktail and check in was quick and easy. We were then shown to our room which was large and furnished in light wood with a good size balcony. We found the meals to be very tasty and there was a microwave should you wish heat anything up. My favourite dish was the cous cous. The food was Tunisian cuisine but they did serve chips a couple of times. If you prefer English food then this hotel is not for you. For breakfast you could have pancakes,omlettes, scrambled or fried eggs, croissants, fench toast french bread, cereal, salad etc. At the present time there is no toaster in the restaurant but "the boss" has promised to get one soon.
The staff are lovely and very helpful. There is an animation team lead by the personable Paulo with entertainment every night including some outside acts snake show etc.
There is a fair size indoor heated pool and the outdoor pool was clean and inviting but too cold at this time of year. the sun loungers are very comfortable. There were only a few English people staying at the same time as us but this was not a problem as everyone was very friendly and we had a good time. This is a family run hotel and they really seem to care about their guests with wonderful Tunisian hospitality and we shall certainly return for another visit later this year.

Room Tip: Send e mail prior to visit.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
15  Thank solace
Reviewed January 6, 2012

My husband, my adult son, and I spent a very enjoyable Xmas week at the Zodiac. We were made most welcome by the reception, bar staff, waiters, mint tea man and the animation team. We were the only guests from the UK and therefore at first felt rather alone. However once we
settled everyone was very friendly. A superb gala meal was presented on Xmas eve with cocktails and entertainment throughout the evening. Entertainment was included every evening in the hotel performed by a very hardworking animation team. The rooms were warm and very clean. A very enjoyable Xmas break.

• Stayed: December 2011
25  Thank PatsyLondonSE
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Hi. My 20 year old daughter and I went to tunisia between the 2nd nd the 9th of tunisia. We stayed at the hotel Zodiac. We had a really good time. Our room was clean and spacious. We had daily clean towels and one day the chamber maid put flowers on out pillows, which we thought was a really sweet touch. Also on arrival while we were checking in a waiter brought us both a cold fruit juice, which I thought was a lovely gesture. The food was of an acceptable quality, but a little bit repetative. The staff were friendly and attentive and although we had some problems understaning the entertainment (all in french) we could make out the meaning of it and it was hillarious. The animation staff were friendly. The beach was a short walk from the hotel, but not too far and was manned by attentive staff. I would certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
24  Thank sylkeplichta
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Me and my partner arrived to Zodiac hotel 7.9.2011 and stayed for 4 nights, all inclusive.
The first night we managed to have a dinner which was very good. In the morning we had a shower and the hot water didnt work!!! It seemed to me that they were saving on hot water. We complained to the reception staff and the guy said he will send someone to fix it. For the rest our stay, nobody fixed it!
The room was big and the beds were ok. The pillow was really small, like for a child.The bathroom was big too but in a bad condition!. As I mention before, the hot water did not work well, the shower curtains had some holes in it, the mirror was very old with some black marks in it. The cleaner didnt empty our bathroom bin (there wasnt any other bin ! ), also towels werent changed every day. The toilet was separate from the bathroom and it didnt flash well at all.
I did not complain anymore as the staff wasnt helpful at all.
The food was nice and good choice. I think I put some weight on.
There is no beach...you have to go out of hotel, cross the road and walk down to the beach which can be found easily. Its a private beach for Zodiac guests.
The animation team was average....I have seen better programme in other hotels. But I loved Aqua gym in the pool also playing wolleyball etc.

In my opinion....I willl never go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view room and top floor (there are only 2 floors)
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple