Spent 14 nights here with my Boyfriend in October 2013.
We got it fairly cheap as it was a last minute holiday.
I feel we got good value for money.
The rooms were big and clean. The shower leaked and a man came to repair it but it didn't fix it. In the end we just out a towel down every night.
The food was as good as you can expect from an all inclusive. There was a lot of options and even though I can be a fussy eater there was always something I liked. They do themed nights which was nice. You also get one visit for stay to their a la carte restaurants.
For lunch we went to 'snack around the world' that did chips and pizza as the main restaurants offered meaty stew things for lunch.
We had the pancakes and coffee every afternoon around 5 which was really nice.
There are three huuuuuge pools. We went to the quieter one near the beach. There was always sun loungers and didn't have to listen or watch the entertainment team doing thing stuff.
There is loads to do if you want to, likewise you can do as little as you want.
We made use of the archery and water canoes. Wish we had done the water skiing though.
The staff were always really polite. We sat in the same area of the dinner hall every night and got served by the same man. By the end of the holiday we would walk in and he would have a diet coke and a beer waiting for us! We tipped him at the end and on the last day tipped at lunch to get rid of the dinars we had left.
We booked a tour through Thomson to historical Tunisian landmarks. This was okay, not really my thing but it broke up the holiday for us.
My boyfriend did the paragliding on the beach and said our hotel looked the nicest (although we might be biased!)
We were tricked by the camel riders on the beach. BE SURE TO NEGOTIATE A PRICE BEFORE YOU GET ON. They demand stupid amounts of money off you.
This hotel would be perfect for family who have children 4-15 because there's so much to do to keep them occupied. Likewise, I'm 22 and want for a total chill out and it was perfect for the price I paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect holidays for families. The club is located close to Hammamet. From here it is just a short 'shuttle-jump' to the two golf courses around 15km from the Club. The golf clubs offer fairways and greens in olive groves, tree lined hills and cliff landscapes. The star architect, Ronald W. Fream, has come up with some fantastic ideas for you.This club is an enchanting resort with large gardens in a setting of 50,000m2. There is one main Hotel with a number of apartments with a total of 300 rooms. It is situated at the seafront and approx. 65km from Tunis airport and 80km from Monastir Airport, 15km from the centre of Hammamet and approx. 25km from Nabeul. Transfer time: approx. 1 hour to Tunis and 90 minutes to Monastir. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tui Magic Life Africana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magic Life Africana Imperial Hotel Hammamet
- Magic Life Africana Imperial Hammamet