Just returned from weeks stay at the Africana. The whole family really enjoyed their stay. My daughter spent all her time flitting from pool to pool the staff were always looking out for her and id like to give particular thanks to Yasaim the life gaurd who was a really nice guy always making time to say hello. My teenage son was initially a bit put off by the mix of nationalities as the english are in the minority but after a day or so was hanging out with a large group of kids playing football, volleyball or just hanging out at the beach, come the evening they all went off to the club, I didn't really see much of him! There are three golf courses close to the resort where my husband played and two of the three he rated as excellent. Me I just relaxed by the pool and read my book...perfect.
Now down to the details, the hotel is medium sized with nice relaxed feel, decor is ok maybe a little dated but not old. The standard of cleanliness is exceptional our room maid Rohonda was an angel really lovely nothing was too much trouble (room 253). We had a family room on the second floor, really good size, with two separate rooms off a small enterence hall, initally the kids room had a double bed made up but I asked for an extra single bed to be put in and that was done by the time we got back to the room. The entertainment team are fantastic lead by a very enthusiastic team manager and proffessional dancers. Amy was a great asset to the team. The buffet restaurant was good but could do with a bit of a menu rework...lunchtime we eat at the pool snack bar or had a panni at the beach. Overall it is a great hotel not 5 star but definitely a good 4. Would definitely like to try one of the other magic life hotels. Thanks for a lovely holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect holidays for families. The club is located close to Hammamet. From here it is just a short 'shuttle-jump' to the two golf courses around 15km from the Club. The golf clubs offer fairways and greens in olive groves, tree lined hills and cliff landscapes. The star architect, Ronald W. Fream, has come up with some fantastic ideas for you.This club is an enchanting resort with large gardens in a setting of 50,000m². There is one main Hotel with a number of apartments with a total of 321 rooms. It is situated at the seafront and approx. 65km from Tunis airport and 80km from Monastir Airport, 15km from the centre of Hammamet and approx. 25km from Nabeul. Transfer time: approx. 1 hour to Tunis and 90 minutes to Monastir. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Tui Magic Life Africana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magic Life Africana Imperial Hotel Hammamet
- Magic Life Africana Imperial Hammamet