we stayed for a week with friends, and club magic life never disappointed us! We arrived to hotel at around mid-day, straight to our hotel room, which was immaculate, cant fault it at all! we had a side room but we still had a sea view which was a bonus. We met out maid on arrival too and she was lovely, she often left us towel art- I.e swans, hearts etc.
Swimming pools, activity and quiet were brilliantly kept and the gardens. if you couldn't find a sun lounger or were one short staff were more than happy to fetch you one and bring it over. Though one point the usual 'germans' had put their towels over them at the crack of dawn, but we always got some in the end, at the activity pool you had what they call a radio station, that kept you informed of all activities happening, and played mainly songs all day, but at the quiet pool, you could hardly hear this and no-one bothered you.
The beach was so clean and tidy, and also the water sports that are included are a bonus, and great fun for all. There is security too that makes sure any beach vendors don't hassle you, but I never saw them hassle anyone. There are camels and horses too that you do have to pay extra to have a ride along the beach.
The food, was always fantastic! in the main buffet they would have themed nights, which was nice, always salads, cold meats, etc something for everyone, and plenty of deserts inc ice-cream, the breads are also fantastic, so fresh!
Snack bar was good too though the burgers never looked 'great' one of our party tried this and had an upset stomach, though it didn't last long, maybe stay clear of the burgers, everything else there was fine to eat. the beach bar/ sandwich bar was good, again though the meats aren't like home but they tasted great. We only tried the Thai al a carte restaurant, it was for our friends birthday, after speaking with our rep she had arranged a cake, which made the night for our friend. the food was brilliant, we couldn't fault it.
Cocktails are also included, and they have a cocktail hour before dinner which is nice. The evening entertainment is a little low key but they do put shows on at night at 9.30, followed by going onto the captains bar for music and then the night club, we did go to a couple of shows, but were quite happy sat in the lobby/ golf bar, there's also unlimited Wi-Fi in the lobby area.
All staff were helpful and so friendly, they really couldn't do enough for you. one member is allergic to chocolate and the head chef was always there to point out which deserts she could/ couldn't eat and tried making sure there was always a good selection for her, which was a nice touch.
the hotel shop didn't stock a great deal of items you may need, so take plenty of meds, suncream etc and is hard to come across that sort of thing in the town too, but they did sell plenty of souvenirs.
There is also a guy selling quad bike tours, who does pounce on you on your first day, but I would recommend it. we did it as the four of us, and had a whale of time and great way to see the scenery.
The town its self is safe to walk around, and the Medina is great fun, but be pre-pared to haggle your prices down and really do start low, its amazing how low you get the stuff for, also everyone wants you to look in their shop/stall, but remember this is their way of making a living, we went out twice as we loved it that much!
There is so many nice little, quirks about this hotel, which I wont spoil, as your discover by yourselves, we had a ball of a time, and we will be back, great, clean, amazing place, just sad it had to end!
one downfall- which isn't the hotels but maybe a little heads up- if the temps between 25-35c the mozzies are out in force and will eat you alive! take plenty of bug spray!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect holidays for families. The club is located close to Hammamet. From here it is just a short 'shuttle-jump' to the two golf courses around 15km from the Club. The golf clubs offer fairways and greens in olive groves, tree lined hills and cliff landscapes. The star architect, Ronald W. Fream, has come up with some fantastic ideas for you.This club is an enchanting resort with large gardens in a setting of 50,000m². There is one main Hotel with a number of apartments with a total of 321 rooms. It is situated at the seafront and approx. 65km from Tunis airport and 80km from Monastir Airport, 15km from the centre of Hammamet and approx. 25km from Nabeul. Transfer time: approx. 1 hour to Tunis and 90 minutes to Monastir. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tui Magic Life Africana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magic Life Africana Imperial Hotel Hammamet
- Magic Life Africana Imperial Hammamet