“Good Fun, Nice People”

Ranked #93 of 117 Hotels in Hammamet
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Good Fun, Nice People”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I visited Le Khalife with my husband in June 2010. The hotel is nothing special, the location - appr. 500-600 m from its beach. It is far from the Medina in Hammamet, but a taxi can take you there for 3 dinars. The rooms are plain, no TV, but they are kept clean. A fresh paint will do miracles for the wooden parts of the bed, the desk and the mirror. There is no shampoo in the bathroom, only two small bars of soap. We bought our own shampoo and soap from a small supermarket nearby and they stopped replenishing the soap in the bathroom. The water is salty and not potable, so we bought bottles from the hotel shop - a nice place with very reasonable prices and very good service. The food was ok, they tried to provide variety. The airconditioning was turned off, with missing power button and we asked our tour agent to help get a remote for it. The best thing is the animation team - Tito, Shushu, Mamadu and Emilio. These guys will make you feel at home. Even though their show starts with the same songs and dances every night, it continues with something different and they make sure you are having fun. It all ends by midnight, so that the guests can get a good rest. The receptionists are also very kind and polite. I started missing the place as soon as I returned home.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ivelina23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Zagreb
Reviewed August 7, 2010

I was a little suspicious about this hotel, because everyone was telling me that it's not very good. Well, they were wrong :)
Staff is awesome, they are taking good care of the people, Animator team is one of a kind (Chouchou, we love you :) )... People are smiling and helpful. The rooms are not posh, but they are clean and you have everything you need (if you want to pay extra you can get minibar, tv, internet etc.). this is not a hotel where you have to spend big money, but you will feel like every dinar is worth it. definitly coming back next year...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank ivana_zg
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My first three days were mostly spending time on the beach, walking around exploring the city and staying in a hotel room. Hated it totally, animators were driving me crazy with their cd's, dvd's and La Pirata. During dinner time animators would come up to you and inviting you to see the show, I thought that was rude. Finaly on the 4th day I decided to see the show, loved it, laughed so much.

People on the beach would come up to me and asm me to marry them, lol, once you get used to it it's ok. I would talk to everyone and soon realized that Tunisian people like to smile and talk, the first three days were a cultural shock for me, now I love them to death and can't wait to go back.

If you wanna go to Medina, maybe you should get to know somebody from a hotel who is an Arab, because you won't get bothered with pushy people from stores. Plus you'll get a very good price:)

People who work at this hotel are extremely nice, always smiling, our cleaning lady was great, rooms were always clean and she would make little shapes from our pajamas. Always leave 1 dinar or 2.

Food is not so bad, it's Tunisian mixed with European...I had breakfast and dinner and in between didn't eat anything, I couldn't, I was stuffed. Make sure to buy water, Tunisian water has a bacteria that Europeans aren't used to but Tunisians are.

Don't get involved with animators, only as friends, they change girls weekly. Other than that they were all very nice, very helpfull. animators organize trips to bars in Hammamet Yasmine and they make sure that you are all right.

From Le Khalife to Medina taxi ride should cost you 3 dinars, make sure you tell that to a driver or he has to turn the meter on. Two girls went to Medina and he charged them 6 dinars one way, they didn't know to tell him to turn the meter on.

Crime, what crime??? They will not steal from you.

Go to Safari trip, and don't be afraid to ride camels:)

Girls, don't worry you can even sunbathe topless if you please. You can be dressed the way you want, Arabs like us because we are different and to them we are exotic just like they are to us. Just be nice and polite to them and you won't get into any troubles.

I hope I helped....have a nice trip, enjoy, don't be like me the first 3 days and you'll have the time of your life

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank malabeba
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed June 28, 2010

If you like chic, posh and faceless places where you can feel being proud of being able to afford them, don’t go there :). This hotel is rather cozy in a sense of cozyness of a summer house. For instance, after the trip to Sahara you come back there as if it is your native home even though before that trip you hardly spent a day in it. I believe that to a large extent this atmosphere is created by the simply great animators. They make you feel like at home. Of course, the same set of songs every evening might become slightly annoying in a long run of your holidays… or you can get used to it and even start liking it. By all means, music stops at midnight. And it never bothered me.
Before going, I have read plenty of comments about not properly cleaned bathrooms and pool… well, it is clean but rather old. Pay tips, and you will notice it less :). It is worth paying extra for the room with a view to the sea. If you smile talking with people in the hotel you get lots of attention and better results in solving any problems. All together it is a nice place for people who dare to think about themselves as simple people :). If you choose this place (I mean Hamammet) you won’t get all the range of tourist-like entertainments but you will get a glimpse of the real life of locals, which I enjoyed a lot. A small piece of advice to girls; it is worth covering your body a bit more than normally on the seaside, believe me, even in a quite modest dress you get more than enough of attention here.
I would love to come back to this hotel but before that I would like to change a tour operator though (if you have a chance to use service of anyone but Novaturas, please do it, otherwise keep an eye on your timing and take a double sum of money for your expenses).
As about food, too little choice for breakfast (although it was ok for me, but I think men could wish something more nutritious). All the rest is tasty and really good.
Whatever you choose, don’t forget this is just 2,5 stars hotel . For its price it is really good.
And thank you guys, you are great. Shukran, Karim.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank IngridaSudymt
ljubljana
Reviewed August 13, 2009

I've been five times there and i will definitly go again.Hotel is realy nothing special.More like -no body cares for anything.If you're not steryl person the rooms are clean,changed sheets every day,the food is o.k. sometimes great,sometimes usual -but tasty,wayters very fast polite-if you're.If you're some grumpy gest,than every thing will take time.You have a bar a cross the road with wireless internet,the pool is clean and so on......there's no gold and crystal....but the pessonel is the best ever.I was never before thinking that i will go even two times at the same place.As long the hotel will work with this animators and the others it will run.If there were not this people than realy the hotel is nothing special.Every body that's working in this hotel has his own caracter and they seem to be as one big crazy fun family.Even one of my friends that was sleeping half of his vacations sad that he had best time in life,and want to go again. If you relax and let your self into that atmosfhere ,when you go home you will feel very sad.

But still hapy becouse you know that you'll be back...soon as posible.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kitaLjubljana
Lithuania
Reviewed September 28, 2008

Hey to all,
I feel like I should tell all the truth about this hotel and to be as much as it is possible in these circumstances impartial.
To tell you the truth, this summer i was second time in this hotel. The hotel itself is not that good, rooms are quite poor, swimming pool looks nice but could be deeper and foods quality is average, hotel is not on the seashore, but it's not the point.
The best thing in this hotel is "D'animators", these guys are just amazing. As I remember: Kimo, Mimo, Chouchou, Dido and the most sincere and always smiling the Dj (somehow I forgot his name). Every evening they give you a bunch of positive emotions which you feel even when you get back to your country.
I can strongly say that once in a life it is worth to go to this hotel and to see how staff sincerely is trying to do the best for you. Even in 5star hotels in Africa you can’t find such helpful employees.
All in all I would like to say that if someone is looking for cheap and unforgettable holidays this is the best solution:)
I have added some photos from the holidays in Tunisia, but if someone wants to know more about this hotel you may contact me on msn: [-]

• Liked — D'animators
  • Disliked — (more or less everything was ok)
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Ruby_girl_Lithuania
Samobor
Reviewed September 25, 2008

Yesterday i back from Tunis from Le Khalife hotel and i allready miss all this people.Hotel is small and cheap but every person in hotel ewould accept you as a member of family not like a guest.People on reception,restaurant,bar,pool,cleaning lady,animators...they always find a nice word and worm smile for you.If you are some kind of elit,dont go there,thats hotel for normal people who dont go on hollidays to eat like bears and who just look to find some dust or something similar.
This way I want to say hello for all hotel,Hello to Amin,Mimo,Dido,Šušu and a big kiss for my love Karim.See you...

• Liked — All personality treat you the best they can
  • Disliked — Guessts from many countryes who dont have culture and act bad
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)