“So sad it has been allowed to get to this state”
Review of Hammamet Beach

Hammamet Beach
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Hammamet
Reviewed November 17, 2012

When we first arrived I strode onto the beach to dip my toes in the sea...however, due to the broken glass and rusting metal scattered across the sands I soon returned to the pavement. There is also the dung from camels and horses just left on the sand, broken and abandoned sun sades etc...all in all a very sad state of affairs for a tourist resort.

2  Thank oggrocks
Write a ReviewReviews (1,672)

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I really liked the way the beach is by the Medina, and all of the little shops. i met some interesting folks at the cafe Espace. Also, all of the Tunisens that did approach me were very nice. They allowed me to have a little chat with them. I felt like a real part of Hammamet. This city will always be one of my favorite places to return, because it inspires me when writing my short stories. Everyone arond the town was nice and friendly. i could have stayed forever.So i will be back next summer the middle of June 2013. The weather was super, very warm. I got everything Iwished for on this trip.

4  Thank sonja_mcmath
Reviewed November 11, 2012

A bit dirty towards Jasmine Hammamet, but much nicer towards Old Hammamet. Lovely clear water, and reasonably warm.

4  Thank Claire B
Reviewed November 7, 2012

cant give a great review because it was a very wet day when we were there it looked okay but obviously we did not see it at its best

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Enjoy the beach in absolute seclusion. Grab a taxi and ask to be taken to the Cultural Centre. This is its name now but it known as Sebastian's house. This multimillionaire from Hungary was the first to recognise the attractions of Hammanmet. During the 1920 and 30's it was a mecca for celebrities who were invited to stay. You will just be as welcome as they were. You can be served with coffee and pastries. Sit by the fabulous pool edged with graceful arches. Wander through the art deco rooms at will. Other visitors have included Rommel and Churchill, although at different times. Sit on the veranda over looking the gardens. My wife used to spend the day here treating it as a second home. Walk through the gardens to the beach. No crowds, no hassle. The whole beach is yours.

3  Thank peterhg