“it's a lovely place ,”
Review of Marina Palace

Marina Palace
Ranked #104 of 118 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed January 23, 2014

it does still have a few people local trying to sell roses or dates for a few penny s ,,some people seemed to get annoyed at this , but remember u only have 2 walk down any high street in uk and dates become big issue and roses become someone playing a musical instrument for a few penny's ... just take a chill pill and enjoy X
i recommend it ...........

Room Tip: if it not already alargated , a south facing room to get the morning sun is fab
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank 271martin1908
There are newer reviews for Marina Palace

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel was one of the worst I've stayed in (and I've been backpacking in some very remote places). When I arrived I was told my room could only be used for one night and I would have to change on the second day. They told me I would be upgraded as a result of the inconvience. When I got to the room however there was a large mold patch, blood on the walls, and a hole in the wall. I was unable to move rooms that night as the hotel was 'busy'. The next day I was able to move rooms but my patio door did not lock, the bathroom light did not work, and the worst, sewage was coming up my loo. I went back to complain at reception and they came and repaired the light but not the loo. I complained again and this must have upset someone as when I went back to my room the 'do not disturb sign' had been placed on the door and the room not cleaned. I complained again and was told someone would come and clean it. They never did. Two days in, for no explicable reason, they told me I should be leaving the room as I was staying for two nights (the booking was for four nights) after a lot of receipt waiving, I was allowed to stay the remaining nights and they stoped trying to charge me extra (I had already paid for four nights). I also faced a lot of problems from the hotel security, they were not keen on my eating out and would challenge me upon my return, preventing me access to the hotel on at least two occassions. Luckily I can speak a bit of French so I was allowed back in. At one point I was told I should be 'eating at the hotel'. I know Tunisia has fallen on hard times, but this place was little better than a prison. Don't put yourself through it......

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank 1cosmo
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This hotel is well situated in Hammamet jasmine Staff very pleasant.Rooms a bit dated and could do with an upgrade but they were adequate and comfortable.Meals were more geared to Tunisian than european but there was a reasonable choice of food so no problems.
The Hotel was two minutes walk from the marina and all the cafes and shops.

Room Tip: Ask for pool facing.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank parker_rg
Reviewed April 8, 2013

As I have relatives and friends in Tunisia, I stay here often.
It is not 4 star uk standard but it is a decent,clean hotel offering spacious rooms,with balconies,good food and great patisserie and desserts. Please remember this hotel does not cater for the British only.many Arabic,Spanish,French and Italian also come to visit and food is for all tastes.you will not fine fish and chips or a full English here! Breakfast is continental style and also has eggs and cooked dishes with cheeses and fruit etc juice and coffee or teas.
Lunches are full of choice from the self serve buffet areas..hot cold salad pizza etc. dinner is similar to lunch and always he choice of desserts and patisserie available.
Having stayed in other hotels here we prefer the choice here.
Since last season, it appears to have had slight refurb in bedrooms eg new curtains etc.

Pool is great..one large outdoor with nice sunbathing area.many sun loungers too. Heated pool on third floor.
Large bar area opposite reception. If not all inclusive drinks are pricey and wine uk prices. If you like a drink.go all incl, it will work out better for you.
If not nip out to mamba loung for a drink just left and a hundred yards up the road or for coffee/lunch to cafe de Paris right from hotel down the road on the roundabout.good food,reasonably priced and clean.great homemade chips for those who like them or have hungry children and want a snack. Lots of healthier options too.

For me, it is a great place to unwind and use asa base to visit friends and family or just see the sights.

Oct to may..you may need an umbrella and it can be chilly at night, otherwise it can get very hot may,June,July.

Downside.... Noisy Spanish tour groups sometimes. I had to have a polite word with the hotel this trip, but it was sorted out.people forget others are here too to have some r n r don't they!

For the bargain prices available online,one cannot complain.

Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank turkishdelight14
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was at the Marhaba Beach Hotel before I stayed here on january.If I compere Marina Palace is much better.Hotel rooms,staff,foods were really good.Location of the hotel is very avaible to reach many places.for example you can take a taxi for 4 dinars to go to B.Bou Regba and you can get atrin to go zoo.also you can get a municipal bus to go to old city Hammamet.If I go to Tunis again My first choice will be MARİNA PALACE.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Sandro M
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I travelled to Tunisia and stayed at the Marina Palace Hotel for one week with my partner in February. Its in a good location and in walking distance to the local supermarket, post office, bank, and cafes/restaurants which are located on the Marina a short walk away. The hotel was fine as we were only sleeping in the room and we spent most of our time out of the hotel exploring and sight seeing. As we spent all our time out we also ate out so never got chance to try the food. The hotel was not very modern or big however it was nice for the price we paid!! The room and bathroom was of a good size and very spacious as was the balcony and was cleaned every day. As it was also quite cold being February so having carpet in the hotel room was very nice and the heating was very very good so always kept warm at night. I can not say anything bad about this hotel really so would defo stay there again for sure : )

The only down side was having to travel a different date than we wanted as the company I booked the holiday through had made a error resulting in my booking having to be cancelled and refunded as the company were unable to rectify the mistake they made!!!! I originally booked and paid with 'on the beach' for our 1 week holiday, and all confirmation was sent to me and was all correct. However when I received the e-ticket the outbound flight was the same day as the return flight!! I contacted on the beach to advise them of this quite obvious mistake and I was informed the member of staff had send the correct dates to us but the wrong dates to the air line!!!! I think this company needs to take alot more care when handling customers holiday as this caused alot of distress for us. In the end we used a different travel company to book our holiday and luckly we were still able to have our holiday. However I would NEVER EVER use or trust 'on the beach' again to handle and book my holidays, I would advise other not to use them also to save you maybe going through the same distressing time as we did!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heppz
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Firstly as we arrived at the hotel,we were greeted well and told to go for dinner as it was closing in 10mins time. As we arrived at food area the food is absolutely disgusting. The food was purely designed for Tunisian people not accommodated for international,No labels on dishes,Chefs were very abrupt and unhelpful,nobody offered drinks. Rooms- Sockets work in a very different way, can't have the light on whilst using another socket. Toilet smelt of urine. Shower curtain extremely filthy. bathroom itself was good and clean very nice hot shower. Standard room with no iron or kettle. Ironing has a charge. We gave a dress to iron and she got it pressed she took the money and pocketed it whilst the balance remained on our hotel bill. Then denied when approached by another member of staff. So we paid the bill off anyway. Receptionist male staff usually during the day very stuck up and not friendly, very rude when asking questions. Telephone in room does not work at all or no information pack.

Photographer the most annoying human being alive, he would constantly harass us and not leave us alone would take unwilling photos and force us to buy them. When we refuse to buy them her told us bye! Very rude and annoying. Bar men are very friendly. We paid half board and did not eat dinner one day. Spa/Salon women is a theif we gave her 40 dinars and she hid 10 dinars under her keyboard and was admament we never gave it but I picked it up and she was very embarrassed, we paid for a Turkish bath but it was a steam room. Please I would advise you all to be very careful as the people here a very craftily especially Tunisian women. Food wise if you are from England I would advise bring loads of packed food and coffee sachets.

Food is very very different salty and bland it was horrible. I would advise The View on the beachfront which was very nice. Please do not go to Tony burger as he does not like tourist and is very rude and aggressive and uses a lot of abusive language. I also advice you not to go to Shakespeare's food is yuck!

• Stayed: February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammamet
Houda Yasmine Hammamet
Hotel Menara
Hotel Menara
#52 of 118 in Hammamet
Eden Yasmine Hotel, Meeting & SPA
Eden Yasmine Hotel, Meeting & SP...
#1 of 2 in Yasmine Hammamet
Hotel Nesrine
Hotel Nesrine
#25 of 118 in Hammamet
Hotel Emira
Hotel Emira
#103 of 118 in Hammamet

Been to Marina Palace? Share your experiences!