This was our third visit in 4 years to this hotel. Its great value with good temperatures early in the year.
We visited over May half term and the weather was mixed but far better than Spain etc. The hotel meets our needs perfectly. It has the benefits of great size 2 bedroomed apartments with 2/3 bathrooms dependant on where you are, a kitchen and living room as well as outside space, again dependant on your apartment. Apartments are cleaned to a high standard daily, with clean sheets and towels. The staff are all welcoming and helpful. As it was our 3rd visit we were given a great welcome with a bowl of fruit delivered to our room and a basked of fresh flowers delivered to our 7 year old daughter. There are 3 swimming pools, 2 outdoor and 1 indoor which is very underused. Its normally so warm but on this visit near to the end of the week was really cool. The children enjoyed the mini disco each night but other than that didn't use the kids club. Entertainment on a couple of evenings was participative and fun but probably not as good or regular as previous years. The hotel is situated right next to the Medina and you need to be prepared just to ignore the constant demands to visit 'my shop - just look' and to haggle hard. As we had been before it felt as if we were less hassled than previously but my son and his girlfriend found it difficult to start with as this was their first visit so I think we were just used to it. The resort itself was very quiet but there is plenty to do there. Cartage land is OK for kids for a couple of hours, the hotel has its own beach, there are plenty of shops and horse and carriage rides and the road train take you around the resort. We didn't go to Hammamet this year but that is worth a visit to see a real Medina and I think would only be about 1 Dinar by taxi each, we have gone by road train before but that no longer runs there. We visited Naboul, standing at the bus stop the locals advised us the taxi minibusit was 2 dinars each which was helpful as they tried to charge us more! It was about half an hours journey so excellent value and great shopping! Loads of pottery shops and everything so cheap!
We had booked our transfers through Travel Republic. This was a nightmare as on the way the coach broke down twice and had to be replaced. On the return they told everyone the wrong times so we reached the airport by the skin of our teeth, only for the plane to be delayed for over a day. Thanks BA for putting us up in a great hotel, back in Yasmine Hammamet, but once you are on your way home its not the preferred option!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Diar Lemdina Hotel" is situated in the heart of the Medina Mediterranea, the pearl of the new tourist resort of Yasmine Hammamet- 300m from the sea. To stay in the residences of Diar Lemdina Hotel remains a privilege which permit you to discover the intimacy of Medina with all the comfort of the 21st century and get involved in the events planned during the year. Diar Lemdina Hotel offers you the choice to lodge in one of three blocks "EL BOUSTEN", "ERRIADH" or "SIDI BOU SAID" in the middle of their gardens and their private swimming pools. The Hotel Diar Lemdina includes 190 suites and 40 double rooms . 190 suites are :12 junior suites, 59 are senior suites, 112 are Ambassador suites, and 7are Royal suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Diar Lemdina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diar Lemdina Residences Hammamet
- Diar Lemdina Residences Hotel Hammamet
- Residence Diar Lemdina