We have had a lovely time at this hotel but I have given it a 3 star rating/4 star! Firstly our room was 1249 a lovely 2 bedroom apartment, very spacious, very clean. Large double bedroom with a bathroom, looked very dated but worked fine. A twin bedroom, a large kitchen, a large lounge with a balcony and another bathroom. Our room overlooked the activity pool on one side and then the other overlooked the main stage where the evening entertainment was held. So if you wanted to be in bed before 23:30 no chance! It was extremely loud! The food was good, lots of choices, but only one restaurant which is up 3 flights of stairs and is very busy. No complaints about quality or quantity of food. Breakfast we did not have the offer of omelettes as others have said just crepes, hot buffet and normal continental buffet. In the afternoon they do crepes etc upstairs in the restaurant or by the pool bar. The pool bar offer drinks and then between 4-5 crepes. Cooked at the bar, with not enough plates and cutlery which they then wash under cold tap and dry on their trousers to give you, as well as offering the crepe using their fingers or the lifeguards fingers... not quite the standard you would expect. We avoided those! They offer orange, lemon and pineapple juice - all powdered type squash and varied in strength by the day, none of them nice and the same drinks at breakfast. The activity pool was busy - too busy for me and too noisy. Loud house music most of the day, club type loud music. Pool water polo which means that there are areas in the pool to avoid as you get whacked by the ball. Lots of pool games in the small pool so very hard to swim, lost count of the times I got hit by balls from teenager german boys who are not polite. I know I sound grumpy but it was not my scene - my teenager daughters thought it was great and didn't mind, they liked the music and splashing etc so judge for yourself!
The beach which is a 5 minute walk is lovely, fairly clean, a bar down there, help yourself to drinks from a freezer, only soft drinks. A bit disappointing, no waiter service, nasty plastic cups etc. Pizza and sandwiches for AI customers which vanished very quickly. Beach was nice, a fair amount of litter in the sea and along the beach which could have easily been cleared up.
We expect on AI holidays to have nice extras - no nice extra bits here, if you want ice cream snacks etc you have to go to the main restaurant - not very convenient. It is a good basic hotel and if you enjoy lively pool life then the activity pool was good. There is only one bar open at night which is in the lobby, not a fabulous place to sit. I think they assume you will go out.
The hotel is situated inside the medina that others have talked about. this is a fabulous area of shops and stalls, lots of restaurants and nightlife. It is buzzing and the atmosphere is great, the sellers of the market are entertaining and try anything to get you into their shop. they were all very good natured and we enjoyed our haggling and bought some nice Tunisian Original Designer bags and gifts. Lots of places to eat and drink and very entertaining. The theme park/waterpark are pitiful and I would not pay to go to, but it is free if you are AI. We went to the show that is free for AI again, pretty dull, I would not pay to go.
The airport Elfidha was good, just a warning they take Dinars in the food shops but all Duty Free prices are in Euros and they don't take Dinars.
For the price you pay for this hotel it is ok, not amazing,but basic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Diar Lemdina Hotel" is situated in the heart of the Medina Mediterranea, the pearl of the new tourist resort of Yasmine Hammamet- 300m from the sea. To stay in the residences of Diar Lemdina Hotel remains a privilege which permit you to discover the intimacy of Medina with all the comfort of the 21st century and get involved in the events planned during the year. Diar Lemdina Hotel offers you the choice to lodge in one of three blocks "EL BOUSTEN", "ERRIADH" or "SIDI BOU SAID" in the middle of their gardens and their private swimming pools. The Hotel Diar Lemdina includes 190 suites and 40 double rooms . 190 suites are :12 junior suites, 59 are senior suites, 112 are Ambassador suites, and 7are Royal suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Diar Lemdina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diar Lemdina Residences Hammamet
- Diar Lemdina Residences Hotel Hammamet
- Residence Diar Lemdina