We recently stayed at the Hotel Diar Lemdina for a week in April. Given the time of year, it was nice and quiet and that's exactly what we were looking for. The hotel was lovely and very clean. And the staff were just amazing! Some of the friendliest people we have met! The animation team were fantastic, especially Sousou and Freddie! This makes it an ideal hotel for families with kids during the busier summer months.
We had booked a suite and when we arrived the porter took us around to a room right opposite the pool. When he opened the door we were amazed, we had 2 floors! We had a living area downstairs with a kitchen and bathroom, then a huge bedroom and another bathroom upstairs! It's definitely worth the little bit extra for a room like this! The cleaner came in everyday to change the sheets and provide fresh towels. The only minor issue we found was that the cleaners were quite load cleaning around the pool area about 7am everyday. Other than that it was perfect!
We went all inclusive and so were not expecting the food to be great, but it actually was very nice. There is so much to choose from and the chefs are always happy to prepare something fresh for you.
The hotel is actually part of a complex called the Medina. There are loads of shops, restaurants and other attractions within the complex. Be prepared to get hassled from the market traders as they will do everything to get you in their shops! Imitation handbags and purses are what they mainly stock. They really are superb copies and are so cheap to buy. My girlfriend bought 8 to take home with us! A tip though, go one of the proper shops outside the market if you want to buy these things as you will find they are half the price and no one hassles you to buy anything!
The weather wasn't the best, we only had a couple of days of sun but we still enjoyed our stay as the hotel was so nice. We are going to go back later in the summer (so my girlfriend can buy more handbags!) and we will definitely stay at this hotel again. Sousou and Freddie - looking forward to seeing you again!
Joe & Sarah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Diar Lemdina Hotel" is situated in the heart of the Medina Mediterranea, the pearl of the new tourist resort of Yasmine Hammamet- 300m from the sea. To stay in the residences of Diar Lemdina Hotel remains a privilege which permit you to discover the intimacy of Medina with all the comfort of the 21st century and get involved in the events planned during the year. Diar Lemdina Hotel offers you the choice to lodge in one of three blocks "EL BOUSTEN", "ERRIADH" or "SIDI BOU SAID" in the middle of their gardens and their private swimming pools. The Hotel Diar Lemdina includes 190 suites and 40 double rooms . 190 suites are :12 junior suites, 59 are senior suites, 112 are Ambassador suites, and 7are Royal suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Diar Lemdina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diar Lemdina Residences Hammamet
- Diar Lemdina Residences Hotel Hammamet
- Residence Diar Lemdina