Mixed emotions!! Me and a friend went to the medina solaria for a nice relaxing girls holiday,
We had an absolutely amazing time!! The food was nice there was a good variety, When we first arrived the man in reception was very welcoming, the animation (entertainment) team were absolutely amazing they always got people up and dancing and having a good time playing mid day games and other activities. The old and new medina were both nice places, You get the usual of people trying to get you into their shops but it wasn't as bad as some people on here make out!
-We were entitled to a turkish bath as part of our all inclusive package which when we went to use we were told there was no free turkish bath so we were confused, eventually the man who we were talking to said okay there is a free one which we then went to use and he said you can come tomorrow between 1-2 so we went back at 1 and he said no you can't have the free one at this time, this was on the friday and we were going home on the Saturday so we couldn't use it!!.
- We both had a card key each to get into our hotel room, after the first week the key would no longer work for us to get into the room so we went to reception and got it redone it worked for about three days and then it wouldn't work again so we had to go back down and have it redone again, Then on the Friday the other card key wouldn't work! So we decided to just leave it and use the other key.
- Our air conditioning would not work we didn't have it working for a week! We went and complained and was told it can't be fix until the next week! So we waited to get it fixed and then we finally had the air con working! For 1 night. Then it didn't work again for the rest of the holiday!
- Lastly this is the one that really put a downer on the holiday. Me and my friend both had our purses with our English money in the safe for the whole two weeks and we only went in our purse to get money out to change into Dinar. On the last Tuesday of our holiday I had £60 in my purse and my friend had £75 in her purse and we didn't change anymore money after that, Then when we checked out of the hotel I decided to count my money just out of interest and found I only had £40 left so I had £20 stolen out of my purse, My friend then checked her purse and found that she only had £50 left so she had £25 stolen out of her purse! So we went and complained and then the lady on the reception who was VERY rude told us to take a seat and she will ring management who wasn't even in! We sat waiting for half an hour and she didn't come back so we went back up to the desk and the man on the desk said come back at 6.30 when management in and we told him that we were told to wait and he said no come back, So we did we came back at 6.30 and the manager wasn't even there!! It was the assistant manager who was no help at all, All he did was take some personal details and said he will get in contact when somebody has looked who has been in and out of the room and once he has found out he will send us the list, A LIST?! We didn't care about the list we wanted to know where £45 had gone! He was no help at all so basically we couldn't do anything!! We had paid for the safe we put 20 dinar deposit and then extra to pay for the safe (Im not sure how much). So if you do go to the Medina Solaria I strongly advise you NOT to get a safe and keep ALL of your personal belongings on you at all times because the hotel will not do anything if something gets stolen from their hotel!!
Apart from that we had a lovely two weeks from all the better staff members and the fun things to do.
I would like to return because of the fun parts but probably never will as I'm too worried about having to keep things at my side 24/7 because if not it gets stolen!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Medina Solaria & Thalasso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Solaria Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Solaria
- Iberostar Hotel Hammamet