“great place”

Medina Solaria & Thalasso
Ranked #15 of 118 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My mother and I stayed at the Solaria for a week at the end of May 2012, Hotel was clean and very attractive. All staff fantastic apart from one, but you can’t let that spoil your holiday. Did a spa day at hotel and it was lovely, you were treated so well. Everyone one was very helpfully and nice particular Adel (worked in the restaurant) he was fantastic, and the man who worked on reception from 11pm most nights, he was very nice. Hotel entertainment wasn’t to our taste but some people found it great. We learnt quickly that you had to tip to get the bar man to get you a drink, which I thought was wrong you should tip at the end of the holiday not every night. As we were all inclusive we didn’t need to carry cash everywhere but had to in the end. Hotel defiantly not a 5 star but a 3-4 star. We booked through Thomas Cook and had to problem with them at all. Our rep (Harry) was always on site when he was meant to be and he always stopped to talk and find out how your holiday was going.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank marinalee89
There are newer reviews for Medina Solaria & Thalasso

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Trev& Pat Devon room 3008 May 9th--30th 2012
Just returned from spending 3 weeks at the Solaria and was pleasantly surprised by our friends Anne & Fred from Scotland who had planned this visit and kept it a complete secret from us The room was very spacious, clean with a side sea view overlooking the next hotels pool area we met Yalaina who kept it clean & tidy decorating the beds with flowers and folding back the sheets in so many delightful ways.All the food in the dining room was excellent with plenty of variety and made it all more enjoyable by all the brilliant staff from the chefs & waiters(special thanks to Karim who looked after us on our table during our stay).The lobby staff were always polite and friendly but in the evenings became a little too smokey for us.Overall as a first time visit to Tunisia we enjoyed our stay and providing the beat music from a bar near the beach could be controlled we would certainly recommend the hotel to others .
Many thanks to all your staff

Room Tip: Be polite & friendly to the staff and a small tip 1td on occasion will make you stay more enjoya...
2  Thank Trevor B
Reviewed June 4, 2012

After last year food piosoning at Iberostar Chick Khan, We gave Yasmin Hammanett and the Iberostar brand one last chance Solaria was wonderfull food excellent, room very clean bed superking size ,had a room on the level floor which i loved as i dont like lifts much, and could pick up free wifi from hotel across,
our waiter Karim was lovely, Harry the rep was nice,and shoved me how to work the card for door and work my fridge

the only complaint I have is off the hotel photo guy hes a blinking pest and theres only so many times you can say no thanks before u blow your top, if anyone reading this and like to pass message on we would have bought a few if u wear not so pushy

Room Tip: Didnt fancy a sea view as theres alot off noise off a beach , I walked passed it twice but heard now...
3  Thank feefee1970
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Our very good friends Pat and Trevor from Devon celebrated their Golden Wedding Anniversary with a three week stay at the Solaria. They arrived on the 9th May and unknown to them, we, Anne and Fred from Scotland, arrived on the 13th May for two weeks. There was a lot of laughter and fun when we surprised them at their lunch table with assistance from the wonderful staff in the restaurant. Our table was looked after by Karim who did a wonderful job of making sure we had everything we needed. He was the BEST!! We also had onion soup, which was delicious, served personally by the chef, a wonderful surprise and very much appreciated.
The hotel is very comfortable, clean and in a good situation for the beach and medina. Our room was cared for by a very cheery, smiling lady who one day left a beautiful red rose in a glass, nice touch.
I don't like to say it but there is an unfortunately.....our room overlooked the sea and the main road. You may think, that's nice but across the road are premises called Silver Beach and the noise coming from there is unbearable. The noise would start while on the beach around 11 o'clock in the morning and go on until about 9 o'clock at night. The ground was vibrating with this noise and I mean noise it was not music but annoying and repeating electronic sounds. We could not sit on our balcony. We did mention this at reception and we put a mention of this in the complaints book. We would love to return to this hotel and recommend it to friends BUT this we cannot do, not while that noise goes on across the street.
Apart from that our experience at the Solaria was very good.

Room Tip: Ask if that noise from across the street has been put to rest!
1  Thank Anne R
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Just returned from 10 days al inclusive at the Solaria, we fount the hotel was clean and friendly with spacious bedrooms. The food was excellent with a great selection of meats, fish and pastas, the young men on the pasta stand were excellent and really friendly. We found most of the staff were friendly and polite without overdoing it, although there were a few who were being over friendly and becoming annoying, I believe this was done to secure their tips when people left, what they don't understand is they would have received a tip anyway due to the excellent hotel food and the friendliness of most of the other staff.
When we arrived we were advised there would be a welcome meeting at reception the next day (we assumed this would be our Thomas Cook rep) and were surprised not to be greeted by a Thomas Cook rep but one which I believe was organised by the hotel or some other organisation, however very little information on the resort was supplied but lots of info about trips and the hard sell, this continued during the rest of our stay. The lady who cleaned our room was excellent and very helpful during a small bought of sickness.
I wish I could say I would return to this hotel but until the hard sell and the overbearing staff are controlled by the hotel I think it will be a no and that's a shame.

Room Tip: Sea View best
4  Thank Fourpensioners
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Medina Solaria & Thalasso, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure for us to read how much you have enjoyed your stay with us in Iberostar Solaria. We work hard with illusion and enthusiasms improving our services and facilities to make our guest feel welcome.

We will certainly take into our consideration and we will be attentive to the behavior of the trip staff so as to avoid situations that lead us away from the goal.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the cleanliness in your room and felt so well attended to by our staff. Thank very much for your positive comments regarding our cuisine and the amiability of our staff both elements are of prime importance to Iberostar. For us is very important that our guest feel welcome.

Comments like yours help us to keep focus on customer satisfaction and fulfillment of our hotel standards. Thank you for highlighting out the personal service and friendliness of our staff as well our outstanding cuisine and varied gastronomy.

We will certainly continue working to improve your next experience with us.
Once again, we would like to thank you for your motivating words.

Kindest regards,

Online Reputation Manager
Iberostar Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed May 30, 2012

From the moment we we arrived to a wonderful welcome and cocktail from Moez we knew we were in for a lovely holiday. The hotel is very clean and our room wes gorgeous with a wonderful view over the beach and the marina to the left. The buffet had plenty of choice and the waiters were first class, they managed to make every guest feel special. The bar staff were wonderful and as they got to know you were able to have a drink in front of you immediately, it didn't take them long to learn mine was rose wine. There was a very good choice of all inclusive drinks. The pool and pool bar lovely livened up by the wonderful team of star friends who even if you didn't want to join in were always willing to have friendly chats and banter, well done team. We are beac h people so spent most of our days there, thanks Mohammed for rushing over with a sun bed as soon as we appeared. The beach peddlars abit of a pain but just say no as I did so someone tell me how I ended up coming home with 8 sarongs!!! I could mention many staff who made our holiday good but it is easier to say who didn't. Nobody! I would certainly return and once again it is staff who can make or break a holiday and once again iberostar comes up trumps. Thankyou all.

Room Tip: Corner suites are lovely can be noisy at night if window left open but we didn't mind worth it f...
2  Thank Heather B
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I purchased this trip for a small group of friends and myself. What a treat. I was not expecting the standard I received and have nothing but praise for the hotel and it's staff.
Everyone was exceptionally friendly, polite and courteous. I think that because I made the effort to speak friench, they were even nicer to me. Thanks Malek!
The hotel is clean, nicely spaced out with everything easily accessible.
My only negative comments are that the gym is not worth using, with minimal equipment and no air conditioning.
Also, the mini bar in the room should have been stocked with at least a bottle of water, but this was not filled at all during my stay.
The food is out of this world. By far, the best all inclusive food I've had, beating many caribbean hotels!!!
All in all, a superb hotel.

3  Thank Kerry W