“Blown away!”
Review of Vincci Marillia

Vincci Marillia
Ranked #20 of 119 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I have stayed at many hotels in different parts of the world but the Riu Marillia was amazing! I stayed here for 2 weeks during July 2013 with 4 other family members. Weather was beautiful, the pool...my god it was massive! Food was the best bit, the choice of the buffet was incredible, even though the menu repeats every week you don't notice because there is so much to chose from, even for the fussy eaters like me! Rooms were fantastic. We had booked 2 rooms and the only downside was that they were at complete opposite ends of the hotel but we perfectly cleaned everyday. All plumbing was good and comfy beds. We had a newly renovated room which was very big for 3 people but the other room was an old one. Don't get me wrong it was still perfect but a little dated. The animation team do their job so well to keep everyone entertained and the evening shows are amateur but very funny. Cocktails are lovely, nothing watered down and all staff friendly. One tip, don't do excursions via your rep. If you want to go somewhere ask at reception for a taxi and agree on a price. We done this twice, once to the zoo and once to many parts of carthage. He stayed at waited for us both times and was cheaper than excursions. Beach was wonderful, did get a little bit of rudeness from hasslers who wouldn't leave us alone but that's Tunisia! One day there was quite a lot of rubbish washed up on the beach so we told reception who immediately got management so we could express our concerns...the next day it was spotless again! We was served by the most loveliest man everyday for breakfast and dinner, near the end of the holiday he would have our drinks waiting for us on the table bless him, wish I could remember his name!

All in all a delightful stay at this hotel, definitely worth the money and would love to return one day :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Rachel S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,467)

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We returned last week ,had a lovely relaxing time .Room lovely and clean we had 320 great sea view.Staff friendly .Food ok we could always find something to eat . There were work going on in the pools but they will make great area for swimming in the future .We would return in the future if priced right we got a bargain .

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Clare F
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This hotel has the makings of a really nice hotel but lacks atmosphere. My room was adequate, nice balcony with sea view. The staff were so helpful and friendly. The food was dreadful and it did not improve even at weekends when the locals came to stay. Three pools, well so I was lead to believe plus an indoor pool. Two of the outside pools were empty and tapped off the third was so dirty and the tepid indoor pool had no changing facilities. If you use the Spa facilities barter you can get them at half the prices quoted see Tarik. Fifi the Animation guy was amazing, he and his team really made the place. You can get Wifi in rooms near to reception. Evening entertainment starts at 9.30 if you wish to see a guy lying on a bed of nails.Two English TV channels, BBC World News and a repeating film channel. The hotel is currently as of 19th Feb 2014 undergoing renervation works so chose a westerly facing room as work starts at 7am.

Room Tip: Westerly facing and on !st floors as lifts often break down
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sandie B
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Had 10 days at this hotel it is very clean and all the staff were polite and helpful. I found the food to rich and not always hot but you had a good selection and you could always find something to eat. The drinks I didn't like at all and if I went again I would take duty free.They could do with putting kettles in the room . We found the rooms very noisy you could hear everything from next door.All in all we had a good time,I wouldn't go back but would tell others to give it a go.

Room Tip: If you want a nice cup of coffee take your own kettle.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank joycewalesengland
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Arrived 2nd Feb at 20.00. We were taken through for food while the rooms were allocated. I was in 325 which had a view of buildings and a little sea view (good sunrise though). Beds very comfy but the best thing about the room was the shower (very very strong).
Food was excellent and catered for all types, Waiters very polite and make you welcome every visit.
Bar areas good but make sure you ask for a double as it is not that strong.
Pool was out of order still but you would be brave to use it at this time of year. I popped in to the sea a few times and came out with 2 peanuts and a walnut in my shorts (freezing).
Animation team tried their hardest and did get a bit long faced if you did not want to join in the daytime fun. Do not expect Broadway for the night time entertainment but it is enjoyable.
There are locals at the weekend and they do tend to take a lot of food to their tables and not eat it, they can also be a tad ignorant.
The outside locals do harass at times and some will say that they work in the hotel and they will show you around. Do not entertain them. I encounter the hotel Chef (not) and as he said he was my Chef I replied that his food was rubbish and I could teach him how to cook. He looked a tad confused and walked away.
Any problems that you have are sorted straight away.
I went by myself and met some great people (1 special one). So do not be afraid to travel solo
Overall the Hotel is excellent and I am planning to go back in April of this year followed by Feb next year.
DO NOT buy from the Hotel shop. It is not run by the hotel and he will tell you anything to get you to buy his stuff (cheaper outside).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank william k
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We went here as very last minute deal ,,, our welcome was fantastic , we had missed evening meal buy try kept a sitting for us they welcomed us genuinely .. Had read mixed reviews but nothing prepared us for what we experienced ,,, great from start to finish ,,, food was authentic and great selection , did hear coupled saying food not up to standard but in all honesty we had no ides what they were thinking , it's a foreign country so if you don't went to eat food they have Stay at Home .. They were great with our daughter . The animation team couldn't do more , bit tongue in cheek but good fun. Pool was out of use but they still had indoor pool which was fine , would have been good to know this before but guessing maintainence has to be done sometime,,, outside locals are pests but against all instincts either ignore them or just plain no is suffice to chase them

Room Tip: Ask for pool/ sea view pay the extra always have Tunisian coins(tips)
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank heather e
Reviewed February 18, 2014

WOW, I did not expect this, what an excellent hotel. Smack on the beach, beautiful hotel. The room (394) was lovely. The staff here are wonderful warm friendly people and if you try a few words of Arabic they will love you. On arrival we were given drinks and seated in the bar where the reception manager gave the introduction and sorted out check in. The view from the room was marvellous and we saw camels on the beach. Beware of the fruit sellers though. Our tour guide was Adie, excellent chap very helpful and quick to assist. I cannot fault this place , great value comfortable and extremely nice people.

Room Tip: choose the sea view rooms as high as poss
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple