“Great holiday”
Review of Vincci Marillia

Vincci Marillia
Ranked #21 of 118 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Really great hotel very clean and tidy .our family holiday(9 of us)was made really enjoyable and relaxing the animation team worked their socks off thanks to fifi and all the team our4 grandchildren were always busy .the food was really good always something there you could eat .as for Neil we found him very helpful and polite he spent his day off with us .this hotel is a hidden gem would go back tomorrow if I could thank you every one

Room Tip: Room 5016 easy access to pool area
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank skyblue006
There are newer reviews for Vincci Marillia

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were 2 women on our own and had no problems outside of the hotel walked to media and marina several nights and late at night felt safe and ok. The hotel was fab pools lovely loads of room pool guys and animation team work very hard and fifi remembers all your names. The staff are helpful and friendly. The rooms are nice yes there is still some work going on but did not spoil our holiday. The rep Neil was amazing he was helpful friendly and cared about his guests even on his days off he was at the hotel sorting out problems for them he was a good laugh and it made a change to have a decent rep at the hotel we miss him lots thanks Neil for making our holiday even better we would definitely go back to this hotel. Jules in kent

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank juleslovesholidays
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Hotel had only reopened on the 14th of June when we arrived on 23rd. We were in one of the older rooms that had been renovated. ..and had no problems with the room at all.cleaned daily beds moved out and swept under all toiletries moved and put back.towels changed daily too. Food was good plenty of variety. Service excellent.
Pool staff/animation team work their butts off from 9am to 1am..fifi you have an amazing memory for names!
Reception staff mainly good..a couple of surly staff however..you know who you are!
Whilst we personally had no problems with the hotel or staff..I did leave my ipad on the plane on the way to Tunisia. ..the rep Neil Elliott could not have been more helpful in trying to get it back!!..he spent a long time trying to track it down then trying to reunite me with it.every time we sorted it Tunisia rules changed so eventually I left to come home without it. He continued to arrange to get it back to me and I am pleased to say it is now back in england he helped another holidaymaker bring it back for me. He spent every night even on days off at the hotel in his cave..helping guests. He tried his hardest to fix everything but he is an advisor not a member of the hotel staff and guests tend to forget this.he is responsible for making sure your trips your tours are set up and he can advise you on l ocal area. It is not his job to sort out hotel problems but he takes it all to heart and tries to do it all.
He is genuinely a nice guy who mixes well with the guests and deserves recognition for the pressure the refurbishment has put on him....love to neil carol and julie xx

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed here from 7th July to 14th with 4 other girls accompanying me. I can tell you know this was one of the best and most relaxing holidays I have ever been on.
For starters we had a garden terrace twin room shared by 3 of us and the other two girls were next door, I was pleasantly surprised to find the room so large and a bath, a shower in the bath and a walk in shower!!
The maids were lovely and cleaned the room spotlessly! The maid even took the time to present the bed sheets in the most artistic way.
The restaurant was really nice with a broad selection of food morning noon and night, and the Chinese restaurant was gorgeous - and I am not surprised they only let you go once per week, the food was amazing!
Animation team, Fifi, will etc worked extremely hard throughout the day to keep everyone entertained and happy, especially on Ramadan do not know how they worked such long hours with a smile on their face! I really lived Will, he was part if the animation team and did the dance classes by the side of the pool at 4pm. In the last night he came to me and asked me to do the cha cha in front if everyone with the moves he taught me.
The beach was gorgeous and the staff were really friendly! I would advise not to get drawn in by the guys with the camels or horses, they told me u could go on the camel free of chafe and then pestered me for 10 English pounds.
Also the spa is fantastic, only real downside is my friend and I got robbed if 20 Dina! They give you a key to out your stuff in, and you keep the key in your dressing gown pocket. I was originally going to tip the masseuse only to find 10 Dina was missing from my bag!! I would advise motto bring money with you at all in the spa area. I also went a second time to the spa in the same week with two friends and this time we brought no money with us only the clothes we were in and we set up the locker in a way we would be able to tell if our stuff had been tampered with, with no surprise my friends sunglasses were moved and my flip flops had been moved to a different position.
Please don't listen to any negative veiws about Neil the rep. He was fantastic and had lots if time for us.
All in all apart from the spa situation, we couldn't of picked a better resort with plenty to do, see. I am even coming back in October with my boyfriend! Cannot wait!!! X

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank PhilippaPayne
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank PhilippaPayne
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Need to add my review. Just returned from a two week holiday at this hotel and want to go back today.

You can't please all of the people all of the time but I have very positive feedback.

The Hotel was newly opened after a refurbishment and yes there are a few teething problems but nothing that would spoil your holiday unless you let it. For all the serious moaners, I would suggest that they stay at home!! Hotel was very clean, variety of food freshly cooked each day and if you couldn't find anything to eat then there must be something seriously wrong with you - even for the healthiest of people the salad bar was fresh and constantly replenished and there was always lots of fruit available. Food in the Asian Restaurant was wonderful.

The cocktails were great and there was always a smile of the face of the bar staff. Couldn't do enough for you. Yes they expect a tip (1 Dinar = 40p to us) - if you don't want to tip waiters then don't go abroad.

The Animation Team are the best I've ever seen in any of the hotels I've every stayed in around the world. Fifi, Sam, Beesam, Will plus the two newer recruits had us entertained from 9.30 a.m. till Midnight and these guys worked their backsides off - smashing bunch of lads who deserve nothing but the highest praise.

My next comment is about Neil the Thomson Rep. You get out of your holiday what you put into it and for me, you need to make a point of getting to know your rep - they haven't got time to spend every minute of each visit with everyone and if you don't put yourself out to get to know them then you miss out. Neil was the best rep I have ever had and when we left on Sunday, I felt like I was leaving a really good friend behind in resort so for every moaner - please get to know him and make the effort. He does a brilliant job.

Overall, this was a great holiday and me and my partner would go back today without any hesitation. I too would recommend you upgrade to a sea view room - we didn't, we were on the ground floor and it was fine but next time, I will pay for the sea view - amazing views.

You do get hassled when you go out into the town around the shops but you need to just carry on walking and give a firm no thank you - once you get used to it just enjoy the holiday - the tunisians are lovely people. Providing the prices don't go too hight, I would book again right now. Great holiday.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, pay a little extra and have a sea view room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lorraine S
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Nice hotel overall, very clean and staff were great, rooms were tidy and cleaned everyday. Nice sea view room. The animation team worked so hard morning till night and are so friendly, the only thing I would advise you on is the people outside of the hotel are perverted and very 'in your face' most of them will harass you its not good for any young women to go out on their own or with another woman.. I would advise if you do go out to have a group of people with you as the experience I had outside of the hotel was very distracting and made my holiday so uncomfortable. Also, at the beach, the sea was nice and clean for the first few days but after that the sea became very dirty with bin bags and plastic in which you wouldn't want to get in it. There were local sellers who would harass you every 10minutes at the beach in which the staff did try and move them on, one of the sellers even swore at my mum throwing a peanut in anger because she wouldn't buy. Overall the hotel is excellent, always space at the pool and the pool is clean, great staff, ashame about the rep NEIL, (what a rude t***) stuck up.. the food is kind of the same everyday and isn't very tasty must I bare in mind it is a 4* hotel. ALSO, the spa, we paid 40diner each for a French manicure & nail polish in which they soaked are fingers in cold water ''/ then cut the skin around the nails resulting in skin been very sore, tried to tell us we had to pay extra for nail varnish LOL but relented.. I would NOT recommend getting your nails done. (fingers are still sore).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family