“Fair hotel, reasonable value for price paid.”

Hotel Club Les Colombes
Ranked #48 of 117 Hotels in Hammamet
Southport, United Kingdom
“Fair hotel, reasonable value for price paid.”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Hi all, this will be a honest review based on our tastes, but try to consider others likes/dislikes,
We found this hotel to be kept very clean and tidy, Most staff were happy and helpful, and tidy in their dress, Especially waiters, Gabsie our Restaurant waiter was a star, excellent service, The food although a bit repetitive, was very well cooked, always tasty, but not always hot enough, (one microwave not sufficient) Soups were a disappointment, so just left them out, sweets were also a bit repetitive, fruit and cake the regular choice, but good, Must say, their Juices are by far the best I have ever drank, anywhere I've holidayed.
The Bar area was clean and comfortable, But only served Wine and Beers on All/Inc; ??? A first for me!! Always had local spirits with A/I, Star batman was Hosham, lovely polite and very good at his job, Now 1st real complaint, The Animation head man should not be allowed by the Bars manager to serve drinks, when wearing, Ball Cap, Vest, and Shorts, he had been wearing all day, this was a regular happening every evening prior to Dinner.
The rooms are in need of a facelift, but kept tidy and cleaned on a daily basis, my wife and I both slept particularly well, So the beds were decent, plenty hot water at all times, Now the 2nd complaint, The towels were rather poor and worn, and not really fit for guests to wash and bathe, very rough when drying yourself, thankfully the bed linen was reasonable and clean, So take tour own bath towels, thank goodness we did.
The big bonus is, the hotel is right on the beach, with water sports at your disposal, the hotel pool is very popular, and is kept Spotless, indoor pool, very poor condition, forget it!! There are shops restaurants and bars locally, and if going out your nearer Nabul than Hammamet, taxi is the answer, not to expensive but try doubling up, trains,buses, are unreliable.
This hotel is a good example of the 3 Star ratting it has, and with a few improvements, would encourage my wife and I to return, it's certainly reasonable value for the price.

Do hope this is helpful for choice making. G McWade.

Room Tip: Only stayed in one room, No320 Room was fine and comfortable enough, only problem was, shower h...
2 Thank georgemcwade

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Arabic first
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

the hotel itself is nice and clean but was very dissapointed with entertainment.. or lack of it. im aware that in october it is near the end of the season but there was only one evening when anything was on and if you were sitting in the lounge area ( to get wifi ) no one even let you know it was on. the two entertainment staff didnt even say hello until we had been there 6 days . we didnt like the food much but we didnt starve. we didnt let it spoil our holiday tho.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a 10 day trip to this hotel. I cannot express enough the quality of the holiday encountered.

The rooms are basic but clean, although noisy at night if like us you want early nights then ear plugs are a must. We enjoyed long days by getting up at 6 (restaurant empty, bonus) and going to bed early.

Food very varied and nice. Tunisian people eat their food Luke warm so don't be surprised if your food is not piping hot. They are trying to cater for all people and in my opinion succeeding. be prepared to try local food you might be surprised. if you want bacon and eggs and fish and chips go to Blackpool or Benidorm.

the beach is wonderful and has plenty of free beds although it will cost you 2 dinar if you want the comfort of a mattress, and lets face it whats 80 pence for a day of comfort? local sellers are on the beach all day but are only allowed to walk the shoreline. If you want to avoid these, then like us chose a bed further back. we were not hassled all stay.

when out and about expect to be hassled outside shops, owners harass you as you pass by, however just be polite and say no thank you and they leave you alone.

All in all a very nice holiday. if like me you want a cheap holiday then this place is excellent. We paid £750 for 2 of us all inclusive for a 10 night stay. If you expect 5 star luxury then this place will disappoint. but then again its 3 star and you get what you pay for. although this has exceeded my expectations.

But As my title says "Manage your expectations" I did and was rewarded with a little gem.

Go on give it a try. x

Room Tip: We were in 248, fantastic sea view but as said a little noisy.
3 Thank Paul G
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Overall i had a great holiday, The weather was 34 Degrees in September, i met some great people and the area itself was picturesque. When we arrived at the hotel we were well aware of the bad reviews however were pleasantly surprised with how spacious and clean our rooms was. No TV or Kettle as advertised but all we needed to do was ask and we had one the next day. The entertainment was bizarre but if anything that made it funny and we often didn't go to the pool untill 10 am and ALWAYS got a sun lounger. The beach was nice but i wasn't keen on being harassed to buy things every 10 minutes so we stuck by the pool mostly. THE FOOD was awful. cold and i never knew what i was eating. i ate LIVER one day and i hate liver. spirits were not included so i hardly drank al week as I'm not keen on wine, the beer was ok as a shandy. There were however some lovely and very cheap cafe's a short walk away so one meal a day at the hotel was manageable but you do feel cheated having paid for the all inclusive option. Overall i would visit Tunisia again, maybe even the same hotel but not go all inclusive and TAKE SPIRITS WITH YOU as you cannot buy alcohol anywhere apart from the town centre which is a good half hour away in a taxi.the people made my holiday and the weather

Room Tip: Rooms in the back part of the hotel had a small quieter pool close by.
1 Thank Ashley J
cyprus
Reviewed September 29, 2013

TERRIBLE ISLAND AND WORST HOLIDAY EVER! SERIOUS AND HONEST REVIEW!

I have never been to Tunisia before this and as I am a 26 year old lad, I'm very open minded with pretty much anything... but this was by far the worst place ever! I understand that it is only 3 stars but I wouldn't even give it 1! To save your eyes I will bullet point the main points...

ISLAND:- Dirty and smells so bad as waste is disposed of on the streets
HOTEL:- ALL INCLUSIVE IS A JOKE! Firstly you don't get any local spirits! You only get beer, wine, sangria, and cocktail! Ok let me explain them.... Beer is watered down with local water which WILL give u diarrhoea so you have to buy bottled beer (Celtia not heiniken as that's just bottled stuff from the tap) Wine is like vinegar, and as for the sangria and cocktail.... Its just like squash! You couldn't get drunk if you tried!
You are entitled to food but its very poor! Very very poor! We dread every meal time!
It says you have snacks..... This is at 3:30pm- 5pm and if your not there at 3:30 you will miss it coz when the 2 trays of stale rolls are gone there gone! Nothing else!
STAFF:- RUDE AND COULDNT GIVE IF YOUR HAPPY OR NOT
ROOMS:- DAMP!
PEDELOES:- ROTTEN AND OUT OF USE
WIND SURFING:- NOTHING

I sound bitter coz I have literally just got home today but this is the honest truth! People were booking flights home!

GOOD POINTS:- HOT ENOUGH TO SUNBATHE AND BEACH IS VERY CLOSE BUT NOT WORTH GOING TO AS YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR BEDS AND GET HASSLED BY SELLERS,
FRIENDS WE MADE......... AND THATS IT!

IF IT WASNT SUNNY AND WE DIDNT MAKE FRIENDS I WOULD OF BOOKED THE FIRST FLIGHT OUT OF THAT ROBBING DUMP!

I LISTENED TO THE GOOD REVIEWS ON HERE BUT ITS ALL CRAP.... IF YOU GO... GOOD LUCK!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank steveoo58

Travelers are raving about these Hammamet hotels

UK
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I visit the Les Colombes every month. I believe its a truly fantastic warm and friendly place. This hotel is very well managed, clean and secure. The Management and Staff are very concerned for your comfort, safety and security and listen to, and indeed act on all good recommendations made by its Guests. Month by Month there is continued improvements fro the benefit of the its Guests. This ethos applies in all areas including the Salons, Restaurant and Room status, and all other facilities including the swimming pools and gardens. The food is very good, varied and hot. The restaurant staff are also very welcoming.

The multilingual animation team work very hard and succeed in ensuring all the tourist from many different countries mix with each other and enjoy themselves. The secret is not to sit back but join in the fun. Its a good friendly mix of Algerian, British, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Slovakian, Spanish and Tunisian people and other nationalities. Its a real joy to watch them all having fun participating in the animation games. The music is varied to suit all nationalities and they are very pleased to play something you like.

The sun rise is spectacular.The gardens naturally roll into the beach. The wild birds song at dawn and dusk is very relaxing. There are plenty of sun beds for all on the beach and around the pool. Even when the hotel is full there is always a quiet place to go to. The Café Maure' is a great quiet afternoon and evening retreat to have a " real mint tea.

The friendliness of this hotel reflects in their respect for the cats which live (and work) in the gardens. All hotels have cats in their gardens. The hotel supports a pilot scheme with UK and Tunisian Animal Societies whereby all cats are being systematically vaccinated and neutered to protect them and control there numbers, condition and, for the clients to safely enjoy there necessary and welcome presence. Most tourist like to see healthy animals when on holiday. You will find them here. Its now possible to adopt a Tunisian cat via the EU Pet Travel Passport System.

This hotel is a worth a try you will want to return again!, as I do.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stevetucker
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and my self and my 15 year old daughter have just spent two weeks in this hotel it's the hotel from hell if you are English there was 5 English people staying in the whole hotel the rest French German Russian Dutch the staff don't understand you when you ask for something the food is foul and if you are non smoker don't stay there they smoke everywhere in the hotel except the dining area and blow smoke all over you I am diabetic and when I am in the uk my diabetes is stable not over there because the food was disgusting I was really ill with diabetic hypos if we didn't have trips planned I would have got a flight home early I would never go to Tunisia again it is a rubbish tip all they want is English money and you have to double spending money because you have to tip everyone when you are out on trips you have two pay to use the toilet if don't have any money you can't use them as I found out when we went on a trip our coach driver said leave all bags on the bus as we was not stopping long I needed the toilet so I walked over to them and because I didn't have a dinar he wouldn't let me use it and shop keepers should learn not to hassle people and just let you have a look around you are more likely to buy then we found one supermarket which done this and we went there every night and the shop keeper was lovely even put chocolate in the fridge for us we met two great people in the hotel called Debbie and Steve on there last few days of there holiday and had a laugh even went to the disco downstairs and all they played was French music German Russian no English music I was sad when they left because it ment we back to being the only English people again this hotel is not worth the three stars its got it shouldn't even have one star .

Room Tip: Don't ever use this hotel if you only speak English and lifts broke five times with people stuc...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tracy G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammamet
Le Zenith Hotel
#81 of 117 in Hammamet
Hotel Green Golf
Hotel Green Golf
#66 of 117 in Hammamet

Been to Hotel Club Les Colombes? Share your experiences!