After months of worrying what to expect on my first time in Hammamet Tunisia (my partner had already been to Tunisia but had stayed near Djerba) we were pleasantly suprised and have been totally won over. I had already checked the reviews for the hotel which were mostly good but still you can never truely know until you are there, however the 4* Belisaire (well worth its rating in my opinion) exceeded the reviews. Everywhere was of nice decor and very clean,especially the room which the maids were fantastic on (clean towels and sheets every day !).... the room was nothing over the top but just what you need really, we had a nice view overlooking the pool at the back... food was very good, we were on a half board basis,breakfast pretty much the same choices every day but the evening meal was more varied and not repetitive at all (my partner especially enjoyed the different fresh fish they had each night).......all the staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the service we received made our holiday even better. The entertainment guys were great, especially as at the time of year we went it was quieter and the weather not as warm yet they still tried to get everyone involved in some sort of activity each day and there were a couple of good shows put on of an evening as well.
The hotel also had a spa centre on site where they did various treatments,massages etc however very pricey and a much cheaper but just as good place can be found in the medina which is only 5 mins away.
Yasmine Hammamet is a purpose built resort therfore everything is pretty much close by to the hotel....walking, it's about 2 mins from the back of the hotel to the beach, 5mins to nearest shops & restaurants and 5-10 mins to the medina with more shops and bars...or if your very lazy you could get one of the many and extremely cheap taxi's.
Walking aound the shops especially the medina you can get a lot of people asking you to look in their shops, trying to sell you things and also lots of people trying to sell trips on the quads, camels etc which some people may not like at all and might feel hassled by, however we found all the Tunisian people really friendly and if we didn't want anything we just said no thanks, carried on walking and they just left us alone.
If you want to experience more of the local culture then Hammamet centre is about 10 mins away in a taxi (about 6 dinars which is about £3 - really cheap) , they have a bigger medina here and also local cheaper and very nice places to eat out at.
I could ramble on for ages about all the different things....Tunisia is a very different and interesting place (not your typical spain hol) but this is what we wanted from our holiday. We had a very relaxing and peaceful time, however I can imagine in the summer months it can be a lot busier.......all in all we had a great time, with really friendly people and we will hopefully be returning very soon !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel lies directly Hammamet - Yasmine (Tunisia) and just 200 m from the beautiful sandy beach. Family-friendly complex. Lively entertainment program. Just 5 km from two golf courses. Thalasso - therapy centre with different treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Medina Belisaire & Thalasso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Belisaire Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Belisaire
- Iberostar Hotel Hammamet