“Not for young families”

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not for young families”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We are a family of 5.childrens ages 7yrs,2yrs and 7 months old
Having read good reviews we decided to book this hotel.
The good bits:-
Weather
Some staff were nice

Bad bits:-
Pool water needs cleaning!
The beach had broken glass in sand,did find a needle to my horror
Ala carte restaurant food crap and staff rude
Do not go shopping alone! In the towns and markets they grab and pull you, hassling you to buy from them,if you don't buy anything they follow you calling you names, even when you have small children,
The alcohol is so watered down, I'm not a drinker usually, and had 5 vodkas which didn't touch me....
Bananas, oh my god.....over £1 each! My little boy didn't eat hardly anything but would eat a banana that you could only buy from the fruit man on the beach
There was suppose to be a fridge,which I thought was great...if it worked. Had it changed 4 times,even then it weren't working properly, I needed it for my baby food. The top shelf iced over so I kept the baby food near the ice to keep cool
Air con don't work properly,
Room telephones don't work,
We found our children's toys in the main hall way where they must have dragged them along with their cleaning trolleys after doing room
There is no kettle, take your own,I did!

I could add a few more good and bad bits, so in a nut shell, we won't go again, if we could get back our money we sooooo would!!

Room Tip: There aren't any tips, any request you make don't get listened to anyway
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tara R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Having not visited the country before, we initially went to another hotel before being moved to the bellisaire. I was considering finding a flight home wishing I had not landed, but this hotel changed that in one swift stroke.
From the moment we checked in the service was good and all the staff were willing to help and friendly with this. Now the holiday did have faults I can not lie, such as having to pay for Wi-Fi and the connection not being that great. Also the food was very repetitive and there could have been more variation on the deserts, with the layout of the main buffet being similar to queuing for school dinners. However putting that to one side the complex was relaxing with the animation team being friendly but not overpowering if you were not taking part in the days events. The main pool was where the activities took place and a second pool (separate) allowed those wishing to relax and read a book or soak up the sun to do so in peace.
Taking away my views of the food, the staff within the main restaurant were busy busy busy and always there to help. No sooner had an empty glass been placed down the offer of a refill was there with a smile. Their recall of your drinking habits was spot on, and that was not bad with the number of guests staying there.
Whilst we were there the grounds were constantly being tended to and the maintenance men looking around to ensure things were ok. On one morning a large mark appeared on a wall near to the pool and within an hour I saw this being painted and removed.
One tip I would give is if you gauge your star ratings with other countries you will be disappointed with certain things. If however you have travelled to other places in the region you will know that these ratings appear to be set to a different scale than the UK.
The other would be, if you do buy crisps and drinks for your children, take the short walk out of the rear gate turning left and prices and variety of items available are better. If a smoker then do use the shops outside as cheaper than the on site shop, but not from those people walking along the beach as the money you save will become very apparent once you try one.
On a final note, on most 2week holidays we have been ready to return to the UK after 10-11 days. This one however ended on day 14 and I would have been happy to remain.
Thank you Bellisaire for the recharge on my batteries.

1 Thank Ray B
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

The hotel Belisaire is a 3 star hotel. If you are in anyway a snob then this is not the hotel for you. To me it was fine. Yes there are little things that need attention but on the whole our holiday experience was a good one. This was mainly down to the entertainment staff. Although we didn't use the mini kids club the mini disco on a night was brilliant. It catered for kids from English, French/Algerian, German and Arabic backgrounds with songs from all different countries that all the kids joined in with.
There was one stand out entertainer who loved dancing but our 4 1/2 year old loved Mr.Volleyball Volleyball. Go to the beach and you will hear him. The entertainment staff always gave 100%.
The beach is straight out the back door and about 500 yards directly in front of you. Its clean, has toilets and the old man at the bar even remembers you drinks after a couple of days and brings them now and again without you asking. Just tip him 10 Dinas everyday.
The only criticisms I have are just minor ones. The food does get quite repetitive but it does in any all inclusive and the on site toilets are for the Arabic culture. They have a type of shower head in them which means a lot of the time there is water everywhere. However the toilets in your own room do not have this. This came as a weird shock to me but I've never been to an Arabic country before.
The entertainment staff put on a show every night after the mini disco around about 21:30 however sometimes this doesn't run bang on time like the mini disco 20:30. Don't expect high production values but the guys put 100% effort into it and it is very enjoyable.
There are 2 pools the main pool which has 2 parts to it a deep part and a kiddies part and a "quiet" pool mainly for adults around then corner. You can rent towels from the hotel for 10 dinas which you can change everyday for no extra cost and you also get your money back at the end of your stay (as long as you still have the towels).
There are a few arcade games a couple of racing games, a fighter, air hockey & fussball, all costing only 1-2 Dina's each but they are quite dated.
There is a kiddie's play area in between the back gate and the quiet pool but it's not great, my kid loved it but if you are the over protective sort of parent, then it may not be for you.
WiFi is available from the reception area 1 hour costs 5 dina and there were quite a few people with tablets there (including myself).
Rooms are clean, they have a safe (highly recommended) free air con, bath/shower combo, toilet, fridge, dressing table, balcony.
There were a good mix of people there, English, German, Algerian, Arabic.
On the whole a good holiday experience, my boy loved it here which made me love it here, mainly due to the wonderful entertainment staff.
I would go back here.

• Stayed June 2013
Grantham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

There are negatives and also positives for this hotel!
Quite 70s in style could do with an upgrade, room has an old boxed tv with wires hanging out of the back!!! Two single beds pushed together, air conditioning had to be reset everyday due to fault on patio door, there was a hole in net curtain and our show leaked at the handle as well as the head, you will also pay extra for the safe and extra 10 dinar for each beach towel which can be changed after 3.30 each day!!! and not before!!!! The hotel staff were mostly very helpful and friendly, our room was cleaned and our bedding changed daily as was our towels. The beds were very comfortable too! but the room was pretty small and so was the balcony only room for a very small table and two chairs, the view was appauling and backed onto the back of another hotel and there was a sort of dirt track too!! Certainly no sun where we were situated either. The lift had 3 floors but it was quite confusing as we expected the rooms to co ordinate with the room numbers but if you were on level three your room number would be 400 +. There is a private beach which is about a 15 minute walk, but this isn't very well maintained or particularly clean and if you do sit on it you will be hassled by people selling their wares or un-insured trips. A market comes into the hotel on a monday but theyre quite pushy too and sometimes youre better off going to the set price shops as i found shoes cheaper there! They also sell a lot of fake bags/watches so called designer!!! not!!! There are a couple of shops in the reception area, we found them both excellent and very helpful. One chap sells sweets/medication etc he was very helpful and fair priced too! The other two shops are gifts/jewellery/clothes etc, I bought a beautiful sterling sliver bracelet from him, it was very different too! We went out for a walk and i found it quite upsetting as we saw horse/carriages beckoning for trade but the poor horses were very boney and unkempt, not nice! It also smelt of sewerage from the drains again not nice. We went on a bus which was quite cheap to the old part of Hammermet and to the Medina, where we found it exhausting due to the fact people wouldnt just let you look at the goods for sale they hassled you so we had a walk round and got straight back on the bus back to the hotel. The spa at the hotel was good, the hamman, massages, facials and body wraps were excellent and reasonably priced, however do ensure you get it written down what you've paid for as we didn't get what we expected on the first day so went back on the 2nd day earlier to have the additional missed treatments as they sell packages. I must say the food was plentiful and there was quite a selection of things to eat from piella to kebabs, pancakes in the afternoon and the ice cream is very good! i didn't find the soups to be that great! Our waiters were excellent and very accommodating and once they got to know you would save you a table and have your drinks etc ready for you, they would also have a joke or two! The childrens club did however seem very good from what I saw of it! The weather was excellent and the pool was ok my husband swims quite a bit and he was happy with the pool. If you want sun loungers, you have to get up early otherwise you will end up at the beach or on a stacking plastic chair for the day! Its quite breezy there so i tied a bag round the back of the lounger to ensure people knew it was taken when we went in for breakfast/lunch etc, I am glad we only booked a week there and it wasn't our main holiday as i would have been totally disappointed to be frank! I wouldn't recommend it to any of my friends/family/colleagues as I didn't consider it to be 4 star as quoted the travel company! So all in all clean/friendly helpful staff/good spa/pool ~ but downside dated, beach not great, hassle from sellers outside of hotel and drainage issues outside of hotel ~ we were also warned not to swim in the sea as effluent is pumped directly into the sea so was told by a local that it could be dangerous!!! If you just want a week in the sun and something cheap and youre not looking for anything luxurious then you might like it here as everyones opinion and expectations is different but if youre expecting luxury this wont be the holiday for you!!!

Room Tip: not sure if there were any???
stockport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

What more do the moaning brits want for 300 quid per person all inclusive of food drink and flights.This is one of the best value for money holidays you could possibly ask for.My wife and i arrived on the 9th june staying for two weeks.From day 1 we had a wonderful time.The hotel rooms are lovely and clean,the towels and bedding were changed daily,No problems with the aircon.The two pool areas are fantastic,my wife and I preferred the quieter pool but everyone to their own.The food was fine,it did get rather boring by the end of the holiday.The hotel does offer a dine around to the other iberostar hotels in the area which i think is a must do.The waiters are fantastic,A special mention must go to rambo in the cocktail lounge,Another must is the beach,with the weather getting hotter everyday there was a lovely breeze down there.From day 1 on this holiday it was a true delight to be there.Thankyou Iberostar,we will be back

Room Tip: rooms near the quiet pool 349
2 Thank wanderer334
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I don't know who all these people are who like the food, but its terrible. Bland, repetitive, boring and often weird. There were lots of people complaining that the food had made them ill too.
I'm also pretty sure they water down the vodka.
Can't fault the bar staff however, they're all lovely. But the entertainment staff are far too pushy, and the entertainment in the evening is absolutely atrocious. They could learn a lot from Butlin's, which is really saying something.
Overall a bad trip, would not return.

• Stayed June 2013
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Just came back from this hotel yesterday and missing it already! I went with my family and Boyfriend and had the most amazing 2 weeks. So happy we got transferred to this hotel from what we originally booked up iberostar chich khan which was awful!. The reception was very polite, welcoming and instantly felt comfortable. The rooms was very clean the maids done a fantastic job everyday even making our bathroom towels into creative swans everyday made everything outstanding. The view from our rooms of the swimming pool was lovely had a brilliant view. The animation team was enjoyable funny and always tried to make your holiday that bit more exciting without putting pressure on doing the activities like some complex do. The beach which is a couple of minutes down the road from the complex is beautiful and not far to get to. Restaurant food was a nice selection to choose from even though sometimes they did have the same foods but was enjoyable. The waiters were excellent always straight there at your service refilling your drinks and cleaning away finished dishes. Outside buffet they had at lunch times had really lovely food pasta, pancakes and many more. Evening entertainment was really good. Overall a brilliant holiday will defiantly come back again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family