Have just returned from this hotel - fabulous weather.
Good - rooms and main areas very very clean.
Food as you would expect for AI but better. Lots of choice and plenty of it. Freshly cooked and very tasty.
Drinks very generous (at times too generous!)
Reception staff really helpful and knowlegeable and always with a smile.
Nice quiet bar if needed.
Helpful staff on gates when you venture out (rarely do these folk get a mention).
Lots of bottled water freely available (which was needed due to heat).
Not so good
Some fabulous waitors who really like to please (thank you to them)
Others really could not be bothered and one felt as if they were doing you a favour
Quiet pool area was not clean - lots of dog ends and I smoke and guests shiuld really look for an ashtray but even so a sweep of a brush would have helped.
Very loud musicin main pool but quiet pool very sound insulated.
Guest directory has lots of rules i.e no towels on beds, no inflatables, no swimsuits in restaurants - all sadly ignored by guests and staff (perhaps I am too British!).
Not enough sun beds - see above.
General manager Jermaine (french and only interrsted in french guests to the extent he ignored all other nationalities despite he was front of house).
Toilets in bar and recreational areas often ran out of soap and loo paper.
Entertainment repetative (but minor irritation).
Good things - taxis really cheap.
Little train costs more than taxis but good fun.
Donot take trip to Carthage and Tunis including blue and white village with TTS. Guide terrible and coach trip awful and as for lunch!!! BUT a trip to Tunis souk worth doing (for anyone who has been to Maracech - very similar and fascinating without the tanneries.
Nice relaxing week in hot sunshine and only 2 hoours flight. Worth doing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel lies directly Hammamet - Yasmine (Tunisia) and just 200 m from the beautiful sandy beach. Family-friendly complex. Lively entertainment program. Just 5 km from two golf courses. Thalasso - therapy centre with different treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Medina Belisaire & Thalasso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Belisaire Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Belisaire
- Iberostar Hotel Hammamet