1,187 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

Out of my stay twice at Saphir Palace in Hammamet city, I really appreciate how welcoming and friendly the staff is. Besides, I recommend this hotel for those who seek quietness, good quality service at all levels and peace of mind.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2017

I went to the beach bar to spend the afternoon with my family.
The security guy made an issue about a small bottle of water in my wife's bag; he said the management doesn't want water inside...still wondering if it deserves this bad attitude.
When going inside, the same guy told me that it's a favor from him if I can go inside....what a shame ...and they want to bring tourists...just avoid this place.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank NabilC57
Reviewed November 29, 2016

Everything about this hotel is perfect. The rooms are elegant and spacious, the balconies are well appointed and large. The pool area is like paradise, and all the restaurants are spectacular. In the summer, there is a poolside restaurant that is great for a relaxing lunch. Great poolside service. Fabulous lounge upstairs.
The hotel is considered a wellness resort, and you can feel it the moment you walk into the grand lobby. The staff is world class. The hotel also has a private beach, which is the finest in the area. The hotel is quiet, exclusive and restricted to guests only. The spa is fabilous by western standards. I've stayed many times for several weeks each visit. I can't stress enough how much I love this hotel. I've stayed at some of the finest hotels in the world, but there is just something very special about Saphir. Trust me, you won't want to leave!
Very beautiful rooms. Very clean.
Great restaurant.
Very helpful stuff, with the best manners.
Very beautiful garden and pool..
You just can relax and enjoy the place.

Room Tip: Very beautiful rooms. Very clean.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
SaphirPalace_And_Spa, Directeur général at Saphir Palace & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2017

Hello,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our Saphir Palace & Spa and for spending some time to share your impressions. This allows us to pursue our policy of improving the services we offer our clients.
We look forward to continuing to live up to your expectations.
We wish to see you again soon,

Regards,

Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

Stayed two night at this hotel , we was told at the reception we not allowed to swim in the main pole only with proper right swim suit basically not with t-shirt or muslim dress for women or even t-shirt shirt and was clear sign on the reception , which was no problem and my sister didn't swim as she paid all this money to be able to swim in main pole not indoor pole , but then we sow people swimming with t-shirt and short on (women) and they were allowed so i though this was unfair if you make a law stick to it . Second i had a pushchair and the main door to the reception is automatic door but for some reason this was closed and we had to use side door which was hard when you have a pushchair , third when you enter you get you bag get searched is understandable for our safety , but was told not allowed my baby juice which is not right coz my baby drink mixed with water juice (squash) and on the last night i bought some traditional sweet things to bring to England with me was told not allowed food in . Lucky i only took breakfast only as breakfast buffet was so poor , and no yogurt . And wifi will not reach most room . So to be honest i will not rate as a 5 star hotel from my experience , not building wise but service

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank Saimazitouna80
SaphirPalace_And_Spa, Directeur général at Saphir Palace & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2016

Dear Sir,

Kindly accept our sincere apologies for not giving you the high standard of hospitality which is the general norm of our hotel. The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention to our heads of department. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse for such an attitude on the part of any of our team members. We apologize for the inconvenience and annoyance those incidents caused.

Best regards

Reviewed August 28, 2016

The short story, the room was a big disappointment for a five stars. When we went to ask for a better service we were given marital advice then elegantly invited to leave.

Now for the details: I went with my wife for our honeymoon, which my family made perfectly clear at the time of booking.
First of all, the room was as follows:
- A normal double bed with nothing "honeymoony" (except 4 to 6 cheap candies randomly put on the bed), with hard pillows.
- There were ants in the room anyway.
- The bathroom's trash was broken, and towels were dirty.
- The room had a view on a busy street.
- The minibar was empty.
- We got a cold abnormally salty omelette and a bolognaise for dinner. The waiter asked to be payed right away in cash. No receipt was given.

So we noticed this and spent the first night anyway. On the next morning, we went to the reception and asked to see if we can get a better service. We had the Guest Relations staff coming to see us. We stated our remarks to the Guest Relations lady in a positive and polite way, because our purpose was to solve the situation and start enjoying our honeymoon. She listened impatiently, then she gave us the best answer "the important thing is that you're happy together and all other things are superficial." After few other marital advice about true happiness, she said that she'll check with her superior and be back.

She came after a while saying that there was nothing wrong with the room, and that the 4-to-6 cheap candies were their usual procedure for honeymoons, and that our room was actually prepared specially by the the Gouvernante in person because we were recommended by our agency. She said other things to imply that our demands are capricious. Then she said that they can change our room, or.. help us find another hotel "since the hotel manager knows all hotels in town", to which my wife said she feels that the second option is the preferable one by the Guest Relations. The lady answered with a smile.

So we asked for a minute to talk, and we quickly made our mind to leave the place. My wife went to the room and I went to the reception saying that we're not satisfied with the service and we'll be checking out. I tried my best to speak politely to the guy, with a smile, as he was only a reception clerk doing his job, saying "I understand that the Guest Relations lady tried but we're still unsatisfied. Thanks anyway but we're checking out." His answer was "I don't know what was the problem. The Guest Relations made you a good offer [changing the room] but it seems that your wife DIDN'T LIKE the room [using a local dialect term that implies my wife is spoiled]." I flipped out and said to the guy that it's not of his business what my wife like or doesn't like and that I find it strange that the Guest Relations advises us on our marriage, while the reception is discussing my wife's room taste. He said he's saying that in a friendly manner and as "a member of my family". I said he should rather consider me as a customer who's paying for a service, and that I'm not getting any.

I went to the room to prepare our bags and I called the reception to ask them to give us the phone number of our agency. They said they'll call me back and didn't. We found the number on the internet easily. Later, when we came down to the reception they said they don't have the number.
We called the agency, SDS. Mr. Nabil from SDS simply said "Roger that. Wait for me in the reception with your bags. I'll be there in 15 minutes to get you to another hotel."

Mr. Nabil came with Mr. Imad from SDS promptly. They helped us to book at the Russelior (Hammamet) few blocks away, which is also a five stars, and they were very nice and professional. So far the new place is excellent.

To summarise: The issues with the room were not unusual in hotels, and we went to report them with a positive attitude. They could have resolved the situation with a simple "sorry" and a descent intervention. However, they behaved incredibly unprofessionally.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple