“great hotel”

Ranked #31 of 118 Hotels in Hammamet
Silkeborg, Denmark
“great hotel”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

we have just spend 2 weeks in Alhambra. It is a lovely hotel with very very helpful and nice staff. Good food....important :-) cosy atmosphere. Especially Maurice the bartender, Adel the poolman and the Animationteam deserves lots of praise ;-) thank you for a lovely holiday. Hanne and Kåre from Denmark

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hanne J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Greek first
vriezenveen
Reviewed July 21, 2012

It was really super to stay there a couple of week's,was working in Grombalia,good room's,food was great,friendly barstaff,and a really good animation team,

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jansmitvrieznveen
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I wanted to love this hotel. I really did, and I tried as hard as I could, but I couldn't see too many reasons to love it. They advertise themselves as a 5-star hotel, but they are not, even by Tunisian standards. I have stayed at two other Tunisian hotels rated 3 and 4 stars and Alhambra is closer to 3.5. The rooms are big and clean, but that's about it. You will not find too many amenities, except the overpriced minibar stocked with two tiny bottles of water. There are no brochures or folders explaining what restaurants, spas, shops, etc are available at the hotel. They give you a "welcome brochure" with the map of the first floor that is printed on one side of the room key card wrapper. There are no other floor plans posted anywhere. This hotel is a maze and you can wander around for 15 or more minutes looking for your room because the signs pointing to the ranges of rooms often point in the wrong directions.

The hotel is located at the very end (southern end) of Yasmine Hammamet, which means that is far away from everything. Their private beach is 10 minutes walking away. It is clean, but it is really really small. At least they are not charging for the beach towels.

The hotel staff is, well, special. I asked a front desk person about the transfer to Tunis airport. She said it costs 150 dinar, but she also said that just between the two of us she can arrange a transfer for only 100 dinar. I noticed that behind the counter there was a printout with prices for transfers to different areas and that the official price of this transfer was 100 dinar. Next day I asked another front desk lady the same question and was presented with the same exact story. I tried this one more time with yet another person at the front desk who said that the price is 100 dinar if arranged by the hotel. Was he the only honest person working at the front desk? Or was he simply too new to know the rules of pocketing money?

The main restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner - all buffet style. The food was a hit or miss. One time there was undercooked fish. Another time, a chunk of a turkey leg had quite a few feathers attached to it. But the service at the restaurant deserves a special mention. My room rate included only breakfast. One day I decided to have a dinner there. I walked in, was taken to a table, offered drinks, had my plates taken away, etc, etc. I received two bills: 25 dinar for dinner and 4.5 dinar for a bottle of Celtia (Tunisian beer, highly recommended). A bit expensive, but not completely unreasonable. Another evening, I had a different experience. I was shown to a table and that was the end of the service. The waiter was just ignoring me. I did not get any drinks and dirty plates were never taken away. In the end, I waited a few minutes for the bill, but it never arrived. I didn't really feel like paying, so I just walked out and none of the greeters at the restaurant entrance asked me any questions. During my last night at the hotel I was walking by the restaurant entrance without any intention of having dinner there. One of the greeters was standing outside and very nicely asked me whether I'd like to have a dinner there. He said, it would only cost me 30 dinars, but the drinks were extra. Did the price just go up by 5 dinars? Or maybe it wasn't 25 to begin with? Make your own conclusion.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank stanberg
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed June 13, 2012

The managment has no idea how to run this business or simply doesn`t want to.
1. Accomodation-old rooms renovated, no matches anywhere in the hotel and bars, no pens in the rooms. Some parts of the hotel are still under the construction and look neglected.
2. Location - the hotel is 10 min walk from the beach and the road goes through the dirty rural outback.
3. Food is average. Drinks and coctails very poor in all food zones, barmen have no clue what long island ice tea is.
4. Service is very poor. Staff doesn`t speak good English, not organazed, not knowlegable of procedures and how servises work inside their hotel. Reception doesn`t know what room is on which floor and personally for me it took 30 min for a girl to show me where my room was, she was just quiding me around the hotel with my bags not knowing where to go.It seems that there is no structute, no trainings, no perfect grooming, some even turn out without uniform and treat guests as their friends.
5.Thalasso- avarage, whole set of treatments with the price of Mauritius resorts but carried out much worse and without delicasy. Not a big difference from the treatment you can get at a nearby spa in your native town.
If you expect high level of service don`t go to this hotel. It is a 3 stars hotel with hideous service and it is not a good experience.

Room Tip: I had a room 2038 it was overlooking the pool and the sea
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank lyu g
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have been there :):) ; Alhambra Thalasso Hammamet is a great place to GO! My second visit to Alhambra Hotel. A small group of 4 friends had a GREAT WEEKEND. Arrived Saturday and had a fresh and tasty dinner, then we started the evening music. We danced and we laughed much till midnight, Enjoyed the pool next day as we did some animation activities ourselves, the pool staff is extremely friendly and service is fast. The Hotel beach is clean we made around 2 hours .We had a late meal after the pool restaurant closed! They just can manage :) . Staff and management were all very helpful and friendly, the guest relation manager “Imen Abbasi” can be seen doing her rounds several times a day, always has time to stop and acknowledge and chat to guests, we felt like HOME.
GO ALHAMBRA … FEEL @ HOME!

Tunisia
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Very nice hotel, cool environment.
Amazing animation/dancing team lead by Mr. Nader Samanodov.
Friendly staff and delicious welcome drink. Don't miss it, be there, it's the place to be...

Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I went to "Alhambra" hotel with friends just for a weekend and it was a really pleasant stay!
Hotel is very nice, decorated in specific style and with positive atmosphere inside. We had breakfast and dinner - not so awesome variety of food, but pretty good! Outdoor pool is great and also the staff working at the beach bar :-), really made our day :-)! Rooms are nice, clean, bathub was old and little rusted. Beach of the hotel is the best and sea was perfectly clean!! In the evening there is some lottery and other amusement programs, music and dancing - so you can spend a nice night in a hotel if not interested to go out to clubs in Hammamet.
The nicest impression I had about Guest Relations Manager in a hotel - Imen Abbasi - who was more than helpful and friendly and did everything for us to feel comfortable and to enjoy! Thank you Imen!

Room Tip: Some rooms are next to the garden and in the morning many birds there singing :-). If you like to he...