“never again! the worst lebanese food you ever can have”

Al Kalaa Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 129 Restaurants in Hammamet
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2014

the restaurant is very touristic,
the quality and taste of food is terrible, the service is not bad compared to other restaurants in the area. never again.

3  Thank Firas S
There are newer reviews for Al Kalaa Restaurant

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Food is great. Amazing starters and main courses. Service efficient and friendly. Ambience unique. You will see some camels around.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Good food, nice people serving there, not expensive. I will go back there. Our waiter spoke good English and explain the dishes to us.

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I went to this fantastic restaurant in the medina with my boyfriend, it's on the medina in hammamet, & is located slightly away from the mad hustle & bustle!
The food & drink were excellent & the waiters went above & beyond, we had an absolutely fantastic meal & my boyfriend proposed to me here so is now my husband to be, it was the perfect romantic setting for this. X

Reviewed September 1, 2013

In total agreement with the previous reviewers post, my husband and I happened to find this little treasure during our recent trip to Hammamet. Let me say that I have eaten in many fine restaurants around the world but none I have visited adds up to Al Kalaa for the price, quality of food and excellent waiter service. The staff are amazingly attentive and really will go out of their way to ensure you are comfortable and looked after, being polite but not too in your face. The first night we arrived we shared just a bottle of wine (ps- for white wine lovers, there is an excellent local Chardonnay called Clipea 2012, very very nice and very reasonable) but were so taken with the restaurant outside that we decided to come back the following night. The waiter advised us to reserve a table which we did and the following evening when we arrived we found the table we were sitting at the previous night covered in rose petals with pretty hearts made out of napkins. Such a lovely surprise!! There is soft live music (not too loud or annoying like other places in yasmine/ hammamet) which is later followed by the most beautiful violin player- incredibly romantic! I couldnt help but comment that it is the type of beautiful restaurant & romantic ambiance that for those thinking about marriage proposals it would be just perfect! Overall, the food was spectacular, especially chocolate cake at the end - yummy! Our waiter even supplied us with peppermint tea at the end, another lovely touch. And to top it all off, it cost a mere 60Euro (approx) for a bottle of wine, couple beers, two main courses, desert, bottled water, cocktails etc. Very very reasonable. Thank you again to all the staff here.

1  Thank chasingrainbows10