“Brilliant hotel, brilliant country, great holiday!!”
Review of Samira Club

Samira Club
Ranked #53 of 118 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Stayed for 1 week in the Samira Club, from 11th-18th Sept. There are some very bad reviews on here about this hotel and to be honest i don't know why. Every experience is different though, and i can only give you mine. Had an absolutely fantastic stay from beginning to end! Rooms are very spacious, chalet style, and almost like an apartment without the kitchen! Beds comfortable, air conditioned room. Food- apprehensive about this before going, but i can't speak highly enough of the food in the hotel...the selection was great, the flavours were great...no upset stomachs or any side effects from the food!! The pool and beach are beautiful, plenty of sunbeds around! Hotel activities are great..aqua aerobics, beach games every day, archery, tennis, pool tables, table tennis etc. Chicha (water pipe) cafe, sit down, relax, sample the water pipe..6 TSD, or €3..tip the chicha waiter 2 or 3 TSD (€1/€2) and they'll keep refilling it for you!! Go to the chicha cafe at aroud 5.30/6pm, the sound of the birds in the trees is just amazing, a cacophany of sound! Animation team-this is the entertainment team...they are brilliant, the shows they put on every night are great fun. Hammamet itself - go to the medina (5 dinar by taxi), you can pick up some great bargains-they have everything-prada gucci hugo boss armani. Couple of very good knock offs can be found, you wouldn't even notice the difference. Haggle, its brilliant! I got 2 hugo boss leather belts, 1 louis vutton leather belt, 3 beautiful shirts (armani, paul smith, hugo boss), gucci wallet for about €60 all together. Bought them in different shops. My girlfriend got 4 very nice bags (1 chanel, 1 d&g and 2 prada) for a combined €65/70 aswell. Also, 800 cigarettes (400 marlboro lights and 400 marlboro red) for 100 TSD!!!! So, what more can i say, we had a fantastic week over in Tunisia, from the hotel, to the medina, to the pirate boat excursion, to Friguia zoo looking down at the lions, tigers cheetahs leopards etc. Back to the hotel...we get up at 6.30am because its roasting! Breakfast at 7am. lounge by the pool, dip in the sea after a while because it was about 23/24 degrees by 8am..the all inclusive bar open at 10am and stays open until midnight, so the day is spent relaxing in the sun, walking on the beach, swimming, eating and drinking! Go all inclusive, its so worth it!! What better than to end to day sitting out watching one of the nightly shows, with a chicha pipe, a drink, surrounded by palm trees under a clear Tunisian sky! Clientele were mainly french, german and eastern european. The Tunisians are an amazing poeple, so nice, so friendly, accomodating. All smiles and hello's! They really want you to experience the Tunisian and African culture, from the food to the music and dance! The hotel wasn't packed, so i think this added to the holiday. We could do everything at our own pace, go for food when we wanted beacause there were very little queues etc. So, all in all, what more could i ask for! Beautiful weather, beautiful food, amazing people. Will definitely go back to Tunisia, and if we get a hotel as good as the Samira Club next time, we'll be doing very well for ourselves!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PaulCork1984
There are newer reviews for Samira Club

Reviewed September 10, 2010

OK hotel. Very cheap to stay at cus there was many tunisian who stayed here..

The cleaning lady did a very good job. The standard here is simple. Don't expect too much. Stay away from the buffet..
The pool is big, the beach is nice.
They have a Shisha cafe there. (water pipe ) LOve it!!

Overall not bad for the price we payed.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Please do not go to the Samira Club in Hammamet Tunisia. we had the worst week there, yes it is in a beautiful situation but that is all that is going for it. We went all inclusive and the quality was shocking. It was like staying in a prison camp, cramp and no private area each chalet is directly opposite another and all in tiny rows, no TV, no hair-dryer, no iron you can get a hair-dryer but at a charge, everything is at a charge. If you need to iron they take it away and iron it at a charge!! We asked for a safe which took 2 days and we had no towels for a day until we really had to make our annoyance known.
Food, it is like a stampede everyone scrambling to get the plop out of the heated trays and everyday the same with a slight variation, and all over cooked and tasteless, the same for lunch and dinner day after day. But you have an A la carte night, that was the worst meal but you did get a glass for your really bad wine. The drink provided in the all in price is so bad, served in plastic cups that smell of there previous contents, cheap wine and warm beer.
We had to get up a 6am to get a sunbed as the ones they have only about 1/4 were in any fit state to lie on, and crammed in like sardines round the not so clean pool.
Evenings after a disgusting meal and still hungry it is on with the show, they do their best but it is the same routine night after night, no one looked happy and when we tried to complain the reception just looks at you.
The hotel was advertised at 4 start but only has a 2 star rating, old chairs run down old club.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2010

The hotel has a dirty beach and pool area. Cigarette ends, dirty cups and plates, smelly wcs in public areas. Thudding club music blasted out and at one time (until I complained) I sat at the pool with 3 different kinds of music around me and couldn't heat the sea 40metres away. Health and safety standards are very poor. The 2nd morning my daughter and I were in the pool taking part in the aqua gym session- my daughter slashed her foot very badly on a dirty, open filter. No lifeguard was at the pool to help and she had to walk across the concourse to the "Infirmary"!
I had to dissuade the woman (in the white coat) who attended my daughter from prising open the wound with no gloves on and then trying to cut off the large flap of skin off with a blunt scissors. She had the gall to ask for 5 Dinar- which I refused and went straight to the manager.
Having had the holiday spoilt with my daughter not being able to go to the beach, to swim, to go into Hammamet and Sousse as planned we returned to UK after 3 days.
I can't stress how disappointing this all was and as yet after several emails to the hotel I still haven't had the Accident Report forwarded to me- in fact no-one is has made contact with me.
Maybe other people don't mind sitting amonst rubbish or having employees spit where people walk or thumping music blaring out, or being approached 20+ times a day to buy food, or having staff being so dismissive of someone being injured- but I don,t.
This has been a disaster for me and my daughter and has cost me dearly financially and my daughter will be physically scarred. Absolutely DO NOT GO to this hotel

l

• Stayed: June 2010
8  Thank Flowerbont
Reviewed May 11, 2010

We very much enjoyed our stay at Samira Club, the service from the staff was friendly and helpful, there was a few english fluent receptionists which was good when we had a problem with our transfers (booked through an outside company not the hotel), they helped us with this very efficiently and the problem was resolved. All the waiting staff were friendly. The rooms were slightly basic but were very clean and the cleaners serviced it every day to a high standard, I still have fond memories of 'our' room though, they were a nice cool temperature inside which was good for when you wanted a break from the heat. The location of the hotel was at a very nice spot on the beach and watching the tide come in at night was excellent. It was only a short walk from an English bar called Shakespeare's which was excellent, and getting a taxi was easy enough just outside the hotel entrance. The Entertainment was absolutely fantastic and you could tell the guys who were doing it really put everything into it. The Spa was excellent, my girlfriend really enjoyed her time in there and i must admit after being reluctant i really enjoyed my massage too. The restaurant was good but a bit more variety in the food would have been preferred. I would say my favourite part was possibly the entertainment but its a very tough choice as so much was good. My least favourite part of the hotel was probably the amount of times you had to say no to the people trying to sell you excursions.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2009

We've been to Samira Club on the end of october which is after the season in Tunisia, so the hotel was not very crowded (and there where some signs that it is preparing to the winter, some attractions where closed). So assume that there will be much more people during the summer in comparison to my review.
The hotel is actually a very big complex of one storey bungalows divided into four parts (in the brochure we get there they where identified by colours). When we where there there was not so much people staying so we had no problem with the size of the hotel but i think during the summer the hotel is very crowdy (it is probably difficult to get a a sunbed near the pool or something like that). The complex is situated between the old medina of hammamet and the new Yasmine Hammamet district next to the Puppet Archeological place. It has direct access to the beach (which is not a common thing for three star hotels), the beach by the way is quite clean and with lots of sand so childre should be satisfied.
The rooms are very simple without TV or refrigerator (although you can borrow these things for your stay, but the prices are rather high), but are kept clean. I had some doubts about the towels. In my opinion the towels are washed every three or four days, if you want to get a new towel earlier (by putting it on the floor) you get someone dirty towel I suppose (from the smell of the towel).
The food is what i consider "rather good" it means it does not make you ill but is not interesting nor in taste or lookout, and it has nothing to do with actual Tunisian food. Other problem with it it is rather boring we stayed there for only a week and almost everyday you have the same thing to eat. I do not know nothing about drinks and other eating staff that is available in the hotel because we did not have a all inclusive option.
To sum up the hotel is a good quality to money option if you do not want something cheap. It is a very good option if you want spend all the time traveling along Tunisia, but if you want to spend the time by the pool... you can choose it on your own risk, i wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kazikss
Reviewed September 25, 2009

ok we were very disapointed when we first arrived. We went to our room to find curtains stained with white patches all over and the same with the bedding.. I didn't want to imagine what it was! The shower was so bad the water only came out of two holes, the air con didn't work and it was a twin room when we had requested a double!! This was in the blue section. Went and had a few drinks before complaining and was told I had to wait for someone to leave before We could be moved.

Next day we spoke to manager and she moved us straight away to a lovely room in the green section which means we didn't have to wait at all as it was empty that night which kind of annoyed me as it was a terrible nights sleep!! But anyway this room was good, everything worked :)

Pros: The staff from the animation group and bar were fabulous. If you go with kids you will love it as they really get them involved.. lots of dancing and shows in the evening and exercises by the pool in the morning .. it is a very energetic atmosphere.
The beach is nice, the pool is nice .. generally its a nice place for the money you spend and clean with lots of activities.

Cons: You may want to go all inclusive as really they rip you off with drinks and prevent you from buying anything from outside. I got caught with a botle of coke and got in trouble but I take medication and have to have something I can put a cap on and take to my room... I told them I refilled it with their coke lol But we were spending nearly 40tdn a day on just drinks and I don't drink alcohol!
The selection of food available wasn't the best and my hubby had a bad tummy a few times. We ended up eating out a few times. Best breakfast pancakes and chocolate lol
Also it mainly french and german speaking so you feel very lonely as a brit but if you go down the road theres the cheers bar and the shakespeare pub... I would recommend this pub no end!! Great food, great music and if you are missing your sports they have it on four sceens. Cheap beer and happy hour.

I liked the atmosphere just not the area and the prices.. very touristy and lots of ppl trying to sell you stuff which becomes a downer after a while.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple