The Sindbad
Medina Belisaire & Thalasso(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
$62
Hotels.com
  • Pool
$90
  • Beachfront
Alhambra Thalasso Hotel(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
$71
$68
Hammamet Garden Resort & Spa(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
$61
$40
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Vincci Flora Park(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
$42
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Diar Lemdina(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
$81
La Badira(Hammamet)
$127
$92
  • Breakfast included
Golden Tulip Taj Sultan Resort(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
$93
$91
  • Pool
$120
Radisson Blu
All reviewspool baromelettepancakeshotel groundssinbadfrenchtunisian
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We are a couple who stayed at this hotel couple of days ago. First of all, we really had a good time at the hotel, and in hammamet. We arrived very early in the morning at the Enfidha airport. The plane was delayed for about 1 hour but our driver was there and waiting. took about 45 mins to travel to the hotel. Once arrived, check in was very smooth. just had to fill in a card and we got our key.

Room was SPACIOUS and very nice, had a safe, AC, huge bathroom, filled mini bar, just to name a few. Housekeeping does an amazing job. room always spotless, can't complain!

Food was good. We do really recommend to try the Thai Restaurant.

Staff?? hmmm. To be completely honest, my gf and I, we both have mixed feelings about the staff of the hotel. Before i say anything else, I must thank that waiter in the Thai restaurant. He was excellent, very welcoming, and always a smile on his face.
Some of the staff are very genuine and welcoming but others have an iron face and don't even smile! Service is great from genuine staffs but poor overall.
Prime example, we went to the pool bar 1 night, 4 staffs on. 1 was attending a guest while 3 others were in the back glass store, chatting, smoking, playing with mobile, and all this time there was couple at the bar waiting for service!!!!

It seems that management doesn't really keeps an eye on the staff- they smoke WHENEVER and WHEREVER they want and then attend guests with the smoky breath!!

In Summary, Hotel is very nice. Staff not so good overall.
Would I recommend the hotel? yes.
Would I go back again? Maybe.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is the fourth time I have stayed at this hotel always on a bed and breakfast basis, as I like to go out and try the local restaurants. I think to return to a hotel once but four times is recommendation enough. The hotel room is spotlessly clean and bed linen also. Food and choice at breakfast is good. Altogether a very professionally run hotel. As a traveller who visits the far East every year and there hotels are first class this is a close second.

Room Tip: Ground floor partial sea view
2  Thank seancambridge
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I spent 10 days at the Sindbad Hotel in early September. Yes, it has an unassuming entrance in comparison to some hotels in the area, but it offers quality food and a really good standard of accommodation. It was also good not to be in what I call a mega hotel....this one still has the personal touch .I was on a bed and breakfast tariff - the evening meals were varied (even though where you sat wasn't). I found the starters a bit uninspiring after a while, but the rest of the food was fine and the overall cost was good, including a glass of wine. I'm not much of a breakfast person but it was good - I liked the boiled eggs identified as 3 mins or 5 mins.....- I think some might have got mixed up!!! I didn't use the spa, so can't comment but the beach is fabulous.....and the service provided there is great - no need to get up to order a drink or eats.
The room quality was fine - I liked the choice of a bath/shower or a shower - the quality of housekeeping was excellent (my room maid set out an artistic display of local flowers on my bed each day). I do agree that the standard of the balcony chairs could improve - mine were a bit lumpy but I didn't spend that much time on the balcony! If I had any questions, the staff there could answer them and were extremely helpful. All in all, would I go back??? After two weeks back at work in the UK, that's a no brainer!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank travelfan036
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Have just returned from a week of peace and calm with husband and daughters in their 20s. What a find. Such a beautiful hotel. The facilities are verging on the outstanding and so many of them that although the hotel was full we hardly saw anyone unless we were at the beach or in the restaurant or a bar at night. A beautiful retreat. The health spa was excellent and the hammam the stuff of legends! Our daughters and I had a range of treatments and all were very enjoyable. The rooms were beautiful and when we discovered an ants nest in our room it was dealt with immediately and the bathrooms were some of the best I have seen after travelling the world over many years staying at 4/5 star hotels. The standard of cleanliness was extremely good. Food was very good. We stayed half board and like an earlier review states breakfast was always the same. It was, BUt, the choice was huge with many items cooked to order, so can't see the problem. Evening meals were very good , again the selection was considerable with something for everyone. Three nights were themed and the others came with a choice from 5 dishes for each of the starters, mains and desserts. We were spoilt for choice from menus which were different every night. The only downside was having to sit in the same place each night, but that was of little importance to the enjoyment of our stay. The bars were excellent. For a small hotel the choice of pools ( 2outdoor, one indoor) was outstanding with a most beautiful beach infinity pool, bar and restaurant. Served very good food too. The beach was lovely and so clean as was the hotel. We arrived just before the Tunis riots and over the weekend we had security staff on the front entrance and on the beach. We loved the different design of this hotel. Once through the unassuming entrance we were in a well thought out and most sttractive hotel with stunning grounds. The staff were really great and made our hoilday. Charming, attentive and great fun. We found none of them surly as has been mentioned and this may be the result of their lack of good English. Most were very good English speakers and if not we were lucky in that I speak adequate French. Overall this was a holiday to remember for all the right reasons. We are planning a short break in the spring back at the same hotel and my husband and I plan to return next autumn.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jane D
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed 1 – 12th September 2102. This is an excellent hotel full of local ambiance, style and culture. If you want the usual Marriot/Hilton clones, the same irrespective of what country you are in, go elsewhere. It was nice to go to a hotel that felt routed within the country being visited and had a bit of individuality.

We stayed half-board and enjoyed the meals and excellent service in the restaurants. We also enjoyed the Thai restaurant which was extremely good also. The local house wine, well the cheapest at the restaurants was a Magon Tunisian Red which was a cracking full bodied wine full of flavour – around £12 at a restaurant so good value. Probably all that French influence coming through the vineyard.

The beach pool area are the real gem of this hotel and the abundance of sun beds and parasols meant plenty to go around. Great soft sandy beach, well kept with a gentle slope into the sea for many yards. Good for the less robust swimmer and kept the sea nice and warm. Another plus was it was only a short 20min stroll along the beach to old Hammemet town and its Medina, fort and restaurants. Great fun to be had bartering with the locals who had a nice gentle touch and plenty of good humour.

Our hotel room was also excellent with lovely private balcony/sun shade. The bath room, showers etc. were also to a high standard and the room cleaning service was exceptional.
So all in all a great hotel, we really enjoyed ourselves and would recommend it if you don’t want the usual tourist identikit experience.

PG

Room Tip: Pick the Magon Tunisian red wine at the hotel restaurants for a full flavoured, full bodied red.
2  Thank pgooch