“Not quite as expected - Be warned”
Review of Nahrawess Hotel

Nahrawess Hotel
Ranked #62 of 117 Hotels in Hammamet
Shropshire
“Not quite as expected - Be warned”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Well what an experience this hotel was. It was my first ever trip to Tunisia and after doing so many all inclusive trips to different parts of the world I was totally shocked that Thomas Cook sold us a hotel like this. I'm not usually one for complaining but this place is shocking. It was nothing as described or shown to us from the website, half of the hotel was run down and closed. No indoor pool, no nightclub, no hairdressers the list was endless. The hotel was no way interested or happy to have the English guests there or the all inclusive come to mention it as getting a drink, a full drink at that was a mission.
Bar & Dining - The Green Bar and staff was the best out of all the holiday and they made us very welcome. The food was very limited with nothing labelled in English which made choosing through the pushing crowds very difficult. The restaurant definitely needs a good clean, more staff and more food selection.
The beach - This was miles away and the beach bar was hardly ever open and when it was it didn't have half of the all inclusive drinks on offer. Worst all inclusive I have ever done, even the beach towels had to be paid for. The beach was not the cleanest with no sunbed set out and lots n lots of ants.
Rooms - The rooms were ok & clean which did help our stay and the maid's were very pleasant. The sink had a crack in it and the hair dryer was about to blow up. The rooms were good other than that this hotel had nothing going for it at all.
All round not the best holiday I have been on but only because of run down hotel which I wouldn't even rate as a 2*. I was only there for a week so made the most of it and met some fantastic people. I would like to visit Tunisia again as everyone I met kept saying do not be put off by this experience so hopefully one day I will visit again!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
10 Thank Kelly W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Goole
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Where do i start? when we arrived, on the 30/08/13 it was raining and rained for the next 3 days not continually but enough to dampen your spirits. under the clouds the hotel looked tired with many areas closed, this was so disappointing as we where made to believe it was all on offer to us.
Dining ... the main dining room was more like a cattle yard not enough staff to clear the tables to busy and physically uncomfortable, the food was not bad just repetative but this is of most 2 week all inclusive holidays, so i will give them a break.
my biggest gripe would be, how many times in a day we were told we could not have this service as we are all inclusive, e.g waiter service around the pool, beach restaurant and no tea and coffee facilities until breakfast. having to pay for beach towels, safety deposit box? maybe we have been spoilt in are previous holidays but ive always had these services as part of an all inclusive holiday. The hotel need to realise that as AI travellers we have more money up front this left us feeling second rate : -(
The Green bar Excellent Staff had many fun nights around the bar, and met so many lovely people, Kelly ,Kate Ken Lance just a few xx I would advise future visitors to keep an open mind.
I would go back

Room Tip: rooms facing the front of the hotel quieter
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Heather P
Breda, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was my first ever trip to Tunisia. I was a little wary due to the reports of political instability in the medias and actually almost canceled my trip. But after phoning the hotel and getting reassured by the friendly staff that everything was safe and sound in Hamamet, I was on my way to enjoy the golden beaches. Indeed ounce there, I was told that most if not all the manifestations take place in front of ministerial offices, which are mainly located in Tunis.
I was really impressed by the 5 stars spa facility that offers all kinds of treatments and massages some of which were not even available at Thalasso centers that I visited in France and Spain.
My room was cozy and clean.
The staff is nice but sometimes not very efficient. For example, we had to wait 45 minutes for the bellboy to bring our luggage after he confused them with another guest’s.
I would definitely consider coming back to stay at Nahrawass as I really enjoyed my trip especially when considering the amount of money spent.

Room Tip: ask for an ocean view room
3 Thank Thomasalexander76ny
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife, 3 daughters and I, just returned from our yearly summer vacation. This year, we decided to go to Hammamet in Tunisia at Hotel Nahrawess. First, what a gorgeous resort! Honestly, the website pictures don’t make it justice. It features a total of 6 pools to choose from as well as multiple restaurants. Personally, my favorite amenity was the massive Thalasso therapy center that provides state of the art treatments.
We also enjoyed the crystal blue seawater as the property is located on a pristine and probably one the best Hammamet beaches (according to a few locals). We put that claim to the test by venturing outside of the property and even took a couple of tours to the capital city. But in the end, we were glad to come back to our little stretch of paradise.
The only issue we faced is that at lunchtime, the restaurants gets very busy and as a consequence service is slow. Nevertheless, overwhelmed staff remained nice and helpful overall.
I would definitely recommend Nahrawess as it exceeded our expectations given our limited vacation budget.

3 Thank Steve P
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was at this hotel from 31/8 till 7/9 . The hotel looks lovely and clean and is a very big complex. Not all parts of the hotel are being used, there are a few empty shop spaces inside and 1 indoor pool and the night club were out of use. We were told it was just not busy enough to have everything open. There is a large restaurant for all inclusive breakfast and evening meals, and a beautiful beach side restaraunt for lunch. If you were not all, inc there was a pizza restaraunt and an on the beach eating area also. There was a green bar for everyone and a beach bar and pool bar.There is so much going on au ll the time due to the animation [activities] team. They will arrange anything you ask i,e tabble tennis archery.football.poolside games.dancing.music.water polo.fitness. These boys entertain you from 10 in the morning till 11 at night and are always about asking if you want anything or need anything.They really make your holiday.The rooms here are pleasent clean and spacious. The only thing that lets this hotel down was the food. There was always a lot of differant meats and rice pasta and bread, but this is more tunisian cuisine.Please dont go thinking you will have bacon and eggs for breakfast or plain chicken , chops or potatos as you will not see those at all. If you like to try lots of lamb beef fish in sauces with rice or freshly cooked spagetti pasta pancakes then you will enjoy your meals. The main problem i found was you always had to look for a clean table , sometimes wait for plates, glasses.ect It seemed like a large room with only 4 staff cleaning serving making tables up ect. I think this maybe a very big problem in the height of school holidays. We found that a small tip to the waiter got you service a little quicker.The manager of the hotel took the time to show us around with the rep when we arrived, and seemed to always be about if you needed anything. The hotel has its own 8 slide water park that was lovely in the afternoon sun.Always no que and plenty of sunbeds.The hotel always seemed to have taxis outside that were very cheep to use. Overall I would reccomend this hotel and would use it myself, but not in the high season due to restaurant.

Room Tip: High rooms have nice veiw. 2353 was nice room for us.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank candylay
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Nahrawess Hotel is beeing withdrawn from sale by Thomas Cook, its that discusting. This accomodation is falsely advertised, IT IS NOT SITUATED BY THE BEACH, the one in the picture is a diffrent hotel. All Inclusive consists of one dirty restaurant which consisted of birds flying around and bird droppings on the tables and floor. The food was discusting and the whole area dirty, the pizzeria is payable only, the pool bar was shut, the Mareva Restaurant was payable only. Soft drinks where limited to coke water lemonade and really suggary juice, no diet options available.Lincolnshire

4 Thank denise q

Travelers are raving about these Hammamet hotels

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2013

where do I start ? after months of looking forward to our Tunisian experience it was suddenly here, a fantastic looking hotel, lovely pools, polite animation guy, great breakfast, super room - I could go on. scorching weather boiling sandy beach ...but that was the first day or two.. then we started to notice things were not as great after all. from the beach back to the hotel we took pictures of a not so glam place. The food at first was just ok but after that it became very repetitive but seemed to change colour daily and being an ex butcher the cuts of beef were the cuts that would generally be sent to be put in pet food. Hence we ate out after a couple of days. Sorry forgot to mention we were all inclusive. (the panorama just down the road served steaks that were amazing and unbelievably cheap. £7 for a huge fillet). The bar on the hotel beach would not let us sit on their comfy seats unless we bought an overpriced can of becks. In the time we stayed we only witnessed 2 customers and 6 staff !!! The green bar was very nice but majority of barmen were miserable and had a tendency to serve the female visitors quicker my husband was overlooked when waiting to be served with no other customers in sight then 2 young girls came in and were served, followed by another then another. A few choice words were left with the barman and we were without drinks until I went to the bar, after that we found that if you left a small coin on the bar it helped beat any queue. The all inclusive spirits were tasteless and the beer measures were the size of an egg cup at times. The animation team tried their best although four team members dancing with one little holiday maker did seem a bit over the top. The pools on the first couple of days were very warm and the salt water amusing at times. on the third day we jumped in to gasps as the water overnight had turned very cool and a different colour, we found that the filter was not working, (see photos) The pool bars were not once open and seemed in dire need of restoration. The hotel itself was huge but very very short of guests. We explored parts that were not ready for guests and found the indoor pool to be empty (of water) the gym was prehistoric. We found other guests to be very abrupt and not English!!! "Oh those Russians" as Boney M once sang!! The Rep Ryan was very helpful, Now the good parts our rooms were very clean and well presented, the reception staff polite and the young lad who cooked our eggs for breakfast being the friendliest of a large staff. The taxi drivers were open to negotiation of fare prices and its best to set the fee before you get in, they were very varied, we had quiet ones, chatty ones, informative ones and one who took us on a journey back to the hotel in stitches, he was hilarious with his music on full blast had us all singing and bouncing in his cab. One piece of advice we were given was, if you went on a trip outside the hotel was to turn your wristband inside out so the colour was not visible to the Tunisians as they would try and get you to believe that they were chefs at your hotel and expect a tip. Ignor the baskets of flowers thrust in your face by the local children, Do not pay more than £4 for a ride on a camel in the town despite how threatening the camel walker may seem. Be prepared to be invited into every single shop and restaurant you pass, just say no unless you are prepared for battle over a fake hugo boss shirt etc but that part was fun. the pirate ship ticket salesman overcharged us for a trip that had just finished but after a small confrontation we got refunded. this must sound like a holiday from hell but we were determined to enjoy it, and we did by ignoring the faults and chilled in sun and some memorable visits to the old market and eating out. If the hotel staff eventually understand that all inclusive means that the guests have already paid and are entitled to have bigger glasses than egg cups and better variety of food then it will be a much better holiday destination. oh and the air condition in the rooms was perfect

Room Tip: all rooms seemed very good
3 Thank jules1525