“Relaxing even with the kids”
Review of Hotel Manar

Hotel Manar
Ranked #1 of 117 Hotels in Hammamet
“Relaxing even with the kids”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed for a week and had a nice relaxing holiday. Take a pen on the plane to fill out ure Visa cards and for ure hotel registration cards on the bus to the hotel. We took a 4plug extension lead and glad we did. We only had one spare socket so for charging phones, iPods, iPads, camera's etc and drying and straightening hair it came in very handy as the electric is only on in ure room while you are in it.

We were missing a bed on our arrival which was quickly rectified by the maid within 30 mins but still spent 3days apologising to us for it. Would advise to book rooms with separate kids room, the three us (me partner and 7 yr old) were in one room and it lacked privacy. Double bed is two single beds pushed together with a gap that we used pillows to fill. Still slept as two singles. Had separate bathroom and toilet which was good.

Everyone is friendly especially towards the kids. Food was slightly repetitive and good but you could easily eat something different every mealtime. Had themed evenings in the main restaurant and had sperate seating area's to the food part which made it less like a dining hall.

Be prepared to reserve ure sunbed early if u want to be on the pools edge as these were gone by 7.30am. There is a lot of shade so be prepared to get the sun only in the morning or only in the afternoon. All the pools are noisy even the relaxation pool and there are a lot of inflatables in all the pools. Relaxation pool was the best as it had a shallow area where our 7yr old could swim without us being in the pool and a great lifeguard. Activity pool had something going on all day and the evening entertainment was both for the adults as well as the kids.

Made use of the free wifi in the reception area so could keep upto date with the news back home and have a drink at the same time.

Would defiantly go back for another family holiday but would only recommend it to those with kids.

Room Tip: Book a room with separate child bedroom not just for privacy but for more space. When we had put our...
1 Thank Katieforbes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Staffordshire
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I traveled with our 2 children aged 11 and 5 to the a Holiday Village Manar between 4th and 18th July and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The activities for both kids were excellent. My eldest loved taking part in all the entertainment and daytime activities. The youngest loved the kids club which was a bonus as it got her out of the sun for an hour and a half each morning and afternoon.

The first week was more of a challenge booking the kids club due to staffing numbers but this was resolved in the second week when more staff arrived. Turning up 10 minutes before would generally be enough time to book your child in.

The food was excellent quality and the freshly cooked food stations were fantastic. The variety of food during the two weeks was good.

I enjoyed the daytime activities of volleyball and water polo, even if I did have to do forfeits a couple of times when on the loosing team.

The evening entertainment was generally good. The kids enjoyed the High Five Live and could not wait to get there.

Nate and Helen are very talented in what they do and deserve singling out! Both their evening solo performances were brilliant. All the day and evening entertainment teams work exceptionally hard.

The hotel is great value for money and would definitely consider returning.

Room Tip: Manar 2 has excellent sea views
1 Thank SnDEWilson
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Where do I start with this accommodation, rooms are great and spacious with good views of the pool, the meals were outstanding and I was a little apprehensive about this having travelled to middle eastern countries before.

The beach and sports are second to none and all at your fingertips, a trip to the medina is a must do.

Room Tip: Top floor room would be better
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank premier82
Cumbernauld, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just back from a fantastic 2 week holiday here. First time I have been to a holiday village and certainly won't be my last. I was there with my 3 children ages 11, 9 and 8 and they loved it as much as I did. Everything from the day I arrived was perfect. Hotel grounds were spotless - the staff work very hard to keep it this way. Food was amazing and there was a huge selection every night/day to choose from. There were many pools which would have suited anyone who either wanted to relax or have a fun filled afternoon. Each of my children used the kids clubs on a daily basis, yes at times you had to queue at times but that was never an issue with me as there was a shaded play park right next to the kids club which kept my children entertained whilst I waited. The kids club staff worked very hard also to entertain everyone. From the day activities to the night there was always something going on. Nate, Jay and Helen are fantastic on stage - they all work really well together. Two people who really did make our holiday were Chris from swim academy and Billy from the football academy. Both Chris and Billy are a huge asset to Holiday Village Manar with there professionalism, politeness and how well they do their job. My 8 year old son signed up for the football academy the 2nd day we were there and he loved it. He instantly clicked with Billy who made his sessions fun but also pushed him to show him his potential. Robbie now wants to join a football club now we are back home! Chris I have to say it was an absolute pleasure to get to know him. He works fantastically with the kids in the pool, putting them at ease and always got great results at the end of his sessions. All three on my children are now able to swim without armbands. Really have made friends for life with these two. The beach activities were also a highlight and I have to say the 'Crazy Couch' is something you do not want to miss out on!! I have already recommended Holiday Village Manar to many of my friends and I would return again. Thank you to all the staff who made our holiday a delightful stay.

2 Thank Sharon C
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Everything here was great, no complaints at all, food, drink, weather all fab! Rooms lovely and spotless. Kids activities during the day are non stop and varied. Kids Clubs were great although queues for super stars (age 6-8) very long, they were however constantly trying to improve this. Everyone worked very hard, it's a lovely holiday village.

Room Tip: We were in Manar 1 (Room 1522), Views best we have ever had! Kids den fantastic (no balcony as we h...
3 Thank mcgrory01
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is the first time that I have been to a holiday village and all inclusive and this will definitely not be my last - it was fantastic. From the very start of our holiday everything went very smoothly - The arrival at the hotel was perfect in every way - We had a smooth journey from the Airport and our guide pointed out relevant sites along the way. Our room overlooked the pool and was a lovely family room - kept clean and fresh every day by a lovely lady who delighted my grand-daughter with beautiful towel designs interspersed with flowers - what a lovely touch. The dining rooms were excellent - breakfast, dinner and evening meal could not be faulted in any way the choice and quality were wonderful - and if anyone could not find something to their taste - I am very sorry for them. The outside was always kept immaculate and the sfaff worked non-stop all day long and all evening. We met lovely people who echoed our thoughts and feelings. We took a taxi to the market and our driver was lovely - we ordered this through reception and they recommended that at least you know it is a proper company and service which was very cheap - he said we only needed 2 hours and he was absolutely right - and was waiting for us for our return. We did book a trip - which we probably would not do again as it was packed out with places that we would not have visited - El Jem was stunning and definitely worth the visit but that would have been enough of a trip in itself. The evening entertainment was perfect for the children and certainly finished off all our evenings made us laught anyway. We enjoyed dinners with our new made friends on the raised section over the water - how perfect. Thank you so much to everyone who made this holiday lovely - all the staff they are a credit to the organisation and I hope that they are proud of what they do. The only little point that I would like to make is that the beds are a bit on the hard side............... but if that is all - Well done to everyone.
Will be very interested to see the re-fit next year --- looking for a re-book

Room Tip: Choose a room with a sea view - it is really worth it.
6 Thank BecR186
Edinburgh
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Having been to several holiday village resorts, we have to say that this one has been the best so far!
After arriving late at night, we were shown to our room, there were some huge ants running around in the bedroom, called reception, who sent someone up straight away with a spray. Yes, rooms are a little dated but nothing to moan about and the cleaners are great and work so hard.
Being on the 4th floor in Manar 2, I was worried about my son who sleep walks. After speaking with one of the reps in reception a security chain was fitted high up to the balcony door. The maintenance man actually made it to my room before I had made it back.
The whole hotel is spotless, staff are constantly cleaning, even the toilets by the activity pool were cleaned nearly every half hour.
No complaints concerning the food. Always able to find something to eat for myself and kids. Kids always eager to see what was on offer in the BBQ grill outside.
Service from all the staff was also great. It may be fake but when you consider their wages and the hours that they work its still nice to be acknowledged.
Used the kids club a few times, kids are 11 & 9. They were in the pool mostly and loved the activities by the pool.
The evening entertainment is cheesy but still fun. May not be to every bodies taste but can't please everybody.
Did the quad bike trip, would not recommend this for a few reasons, I assumed that we would be going into the hills/desert but in reality you are lead through some streets and over derelict land. Also,the steering on my quad was iffy. Would advise everyone to check their brakes before setting off too.
Took a take into Jasmine, this cost us 30tdn round trip. Reception will call for your taxi, driver took us into Jasmine and gave us a brief tour in his car, pointing out where to go and where to avoid. He arranged to meet us after 3hours and take us back to the hotel. He told us to pay him after we were back at the hotel.
Regarding the sellers, be blunt and say no if you're not interested in what they're selling otherwise start haggling at a ridiculously low price.
Went to the sports bar where drinks are chargeable. Bar man was lovely. Put your drinks on a tab and settle up when you leave.
Got to mention the activity reps, they're all great! They work so hard and for long periods and keep everyone entertained. Dani, Helen, Jennie, Nate, Jay and Gary were fantastic! Kids loved them.
Will definitely be back. Looking to book next year after their re-fit.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family