I was a little concerned about the reviews I have read about Tunisia and our hotel before leaving, but remained optimistic.
The hotel room was awful, sticky dirty floor, mouldy walls, chipping paint and the view of the back of a water slide and bush. But the worst part was the constant water pipes which squealed loudly all night keeping me awake! Eventually at 5am I had had enough and had to complain about my lack of sleep. We were promptly moved to another room which was much better (pool view), on the 3rd floor, but the lift was out of order for most of our stay. Many rooms have broken doors or no doors. It is a very large run down hotel which needs a lot of maintaining.
On our 4th night there we were confronted by one of the waiters who demanded that my partner bring him 2 glasses of whiskey from the all inclusive bar and leave it on the table after we had finished eating, so that he could drink them after his shift!! He was very pushy about it and we refused to entertain his alcohol habit. The next day he sarcastically came to say "Thank you.....for you know what!"
The food was edible most days, some days were better than others. There was a good variety at meal times and we always found something we could eat.
The all inclusive local alcoholic drinks were a joke!! They were completely watered down and I didn't even get close to tipsy once, so I just decided to stick to water or drank non-alcoholic drinks instead of fooling my taste buds.
Tunisians are the rudest people I have ever come across. We got spat at because we decided not to go into a vendors store to have a look at his merchandise.
We were told NOT to come back to another store after being hassled into buy something that was way overpriced!!
For a country which relies on tourism for their income, they have a lot to learn and they will remain poor if they keep treating tourists like they are unwelcome pests. I can understand why the Russians are rude to them now.
I will not be returning to this country even if you paid me. The weather was nice and the beaches ok, the fruit was good, but that was about it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Hammamet Garden Hotel, you certainly enjoy the best seaside resort experience. Hammamet Garden Hotel offers enhanced space and a wide range of amenities for families as well as for friends and traveling companions seeking a precious moment of relaxation or entertainment in a cheerful atmosphere. We guarantee as well a total satisfaction for sport lovers and golfers in particular. It is worth mentioning also that our cuisine offers a perfect combination of European culinary sophistication mingled with eastern culinary traditions. Ultimately, you will be fascinated by the quality price ratio as well as by the hearty welcome of our staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hammamet Garden Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hammamet Garden Hotel Hammamet
- Hammamet Garden Resort And Spa
- Hammamet Garden Reesort Hotel