We have just got back from spending 2 weeks at the Phenicia we stayed from the 2nd June until the 16th June, this is the second time that we have stayed at the hotel the first time being 2 years ago. When we arrived we were handed a refreshing towel from a member of the reception staff who are always very friendly and curtious. And one of the porters even recognised us straight away from our previous visit.
The only fault that we had was that as my wife is a vegetarian there was not much of a vegetatrian choice at the evening meal in the main restaurant. But that is the only fault with this hotel, the waiters are absolutey fantastic, I used to have the Spaghetti Bolognaise from the pasta chef and even he remembered how I used to have it from previously.
And as for the Animation Team well we could not fault them at all, as they are absolutely fantastic and work very hard, and the shows that they do of an evening are very good, two shows that I would recommend to go and see are The Celtic Pride night but the one not to miss is The Michael Jackson evening, as Mike the Lead entertainer is Brilliant, and he is also a very good teacher as for the last week he was teaching a small group of us how to speak Arabic which was very interesting, as the group consisted of people from the UK, Germany, South Korea, Switzerland, and France.
As for the rest of the Animation Team they all also worked very hard there was Dido who did the Aerobics and Aqua Aerodics which my wife did everyday, Didi who did the WaterPolo, Mido did the Volleyball, Mix Max did the Archery, and there was also Donna,Mimo,MiMi and Rio. They all worked very hard for 14 hours a day and were always smiling even when you could see that they looked very tired.
Also the 2 pool men work very hard in ensuring that all the sun loungers have materesses on them and that the pool area is always very clean.
And if you take your Laptop there is also free WiFi, in the main reception seating area. The bar staff also work very hard as well, and are always very friendly. Even though the Air Conditioning was not due to go on until the 15th of June they did put it on about 5 days early as it was very hot in the rooms of an evening.
So overall I would definately recommend the Phenicia as the hotel to stay in, when visiting Tunisia, so much so that my Daughter wants to go back there in September for a week so that she can be there for her Birthday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully situated on the East coast of Tunisia, SENTIDO Phenicia spreads between a fine sandy beach and a garden of 11 hectares where mix generously Palm and Olive trees. For your comfort, the rooms of the hotel all endowed with balconies or terraces offer you fantastic views between the gulf and mountains of Hammamet, swimming pools, or gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Phenicia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Phenicia Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Phenicia
- Iberostar Phenicia Tunisia
- Iberostar Phenicia Hammamet