7,069 results
All reviews super mario animation team le dragon our waiter chinese restaurant boss man pancake mix mattress man pancakes bar staff paper cups great holiday michael jackson show horse riding entertainment room oasis bar water polo
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Before booking this hotel I researched it thoroughly as I do with every hotel so I can compare every aspect of the facilities, staff, and all around holiday experience. I of course read reviews of the hotel and made sure to take in account everything that was being said.

I can confidentially say that this is one of the best holidays I have been on. The staff are the friendliest staff I would say I have ever been with - they make sure to always greet you with a welcome and a smile whether it be the cleaners, the animation staff, or the waiters/chefs.

Some of the staff that particularly made my holiday and my families holiday would be:

Marou - Marou, who works for the animation team, made us feel so so welcome for the duration of our stay, the first time we met him he greeted us with his friendly smile and lots of banter and chat. He is such a genuine person which you can tell he means all good. I played beach volley ball quite a few days that he ran and even though I was not good he kept encouraging me and saying that it was just for fun (when some guests were taking it a little serious). Some nights he played Uno with us and would always come over and talk to us. We cannot praise him enough and we hope that management gives him the recognition he deserves. Shukran Marou!! You were a big aspect of our holiday and contributed to our enjoyment so much. We hope to see you again soon!

Habib - Habib is the man on the beach who gives the mattresses to you, he is such a nice person! His initial first impression seems to be quiet but once you get to know him, he is such a funny and friendly man. A credit to the hotel.

Jalel - Jalel was our main waiter for a tea time. Straight off the bat he was very friendly and professional. After getting to know him, we learned that he was a father - you could tell as he was so caring and had such a kind nature. We would arrive to our table around 7pm every night and there would be petals and flowers on the table, our regular drinks and cutlery all waiting for us. He made us feel so welcome on a night. He also taught how to say ‘bye’ in Arabic which was ‘Bislama’ so thank you for that Jalel! I was sad to say goodbye to you.

Jawher - Jawher was our waiter on a lunch time at the BBQ beach restaurant and was also there on an evening in the main restaurant. He was so fluent in English and professional in his work. Again, our drinks would be ready for us for when we arrived and he would also reserve us a table which was much appreciated. I didn’t even need to ask for another coke as he would just bring one over to me after I finished! Thanks so much Jawher!

Sorry if these spellings are wrong:

Hadime (??) who was our pancake maker on a breakfast time always greeted me and asked how I was, he said on our last day “I will remember you as pancake boy!” I will miss his enthusiastic “Aslema!” Which means hello every morning!

Mimi (Marwa) . She was the entertainer who did salsa and zumba on a day time and also did the shows on a night. She explained to me that reviews are so important for the staff at this hotel, this is why i am writing such a detailed review as I feel like they deserve so much praise. She took my to the dance floor on a few occasions (and I usually don’t like dancing). She sat with us one night and seemed genuinely interested in my life, asking about my work and the Gymnastics I do. She was very sweet and very friendly! We are now friends on Facebook :)

Bilel (biley) was the waiter at the main bar next to reception. He was so friendly and was our own ‘David Williams’. He took selfies with us as he seemed genuinely friendly with us and would always greet us with a massive smile and ask what drinks we would like as soon as we walk in.

All are such a credit to the hotel and deserve endless praise. I could thank every single staff member.

Rooms are amazing. So modern and so clean. Our cleaner was amazing also! We were in room 3002 (I cannot remember our cleaners name which I am sorry for) but he was so friendly every time we saw him! He made hearts and animals with the towels on the bed which lit a smile on our faces. Air con was fine and balcony was quite big. Rooms were cleaned every day and new towels when requested.

Many people have said that the entertainment jump on you and pester you however they seemed fine with us. If you said no to them they would let you be. If you said yes then they were so enthusiastic about you joining in which was very encouraging haha. Shows on a night we’re absolutely amazing, white party was funny as seeing so many guests dressed in white was a funny sight to see in reception including myself.

Jayne who was the sentido English rep was so helpful with all of our questions and is a credit to the hotel, always going the extra mile. Such a fab rep.

Pool was cleaned every day as was the beach.

One day we had a flood in the hotel due to the massive down pour. This was very unexpected as October is usually good weather. I have seen many bad reviews because of the floods which I think is quite rude. The staff did everything they could do to try and get rid of the water, every single staff member was helping. The water was nearly up to our ankles at breakfast but it did not stop me from going on with breakfast. All the water was gone in a matter of hours which shows how hard the staff worked so well done to all of them!

We did a catamaran trip one day which we booked with Ali. It was a good trip, a little over crowded but okay space. It was 3 hours and had time to jump into the sea which was lovely and warm.

I would recommend taking your own refillable bottle as the cups you get from bars and beach are quite small. I would say if you are going to do this, then tip. As it takes some time to fill it up.

Many people have also said that staff are rude if you do not tip. They only earn around £160 a month so a simple 5 or 10 dinar is great for them. 10 dinar works out at about £3 which is nothing in the big scheme of things. The service you receive is amazing so I think tipping is a must. I never experienced any rudeness from any staff member.

All in all I would say this is an amazing 4 star hotel. If I could go back tomorrow, I would!

Thank you so much Sentido Phenicia and staff for making such a memorable and enjoyable holiday filled with laughter and smiles. I hope you see you again very soon :).

If anyone has any questions about the hotel please feel free to message me, I would be happy to help :).

Stayed: October 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank BackPacker823805
Sentido, Responsable relations clients at SENTIDO Phenicia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Sentido Guest,

Warm greetings from sunny Tunisia.

Thank you for your comments and compliments, and for choosing to stay at Sentido Phenicia.

We do our very best to ensure all of our guests a customer friendly service and a very pleasant stay.

We are only too pleased that your stay was a ' memorable' and 'enjoyable ' one, and we look forward to you returning, sometime in the future.

Thank you for your kind words and commendations, which will be forwarded to all of those concerned.

Your time and your fidelity are very much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you, once again, for another 'amazing' stay.

Best Regards,

Sentido Phenicia Team.

Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I have been to Tunisia many times and love it, so was pleased when Thomas cook started doing holidays again. I knew of the Phoenicia and that at one time had a very good reputation, and with it being an Senitdo hotel had no problem of booking.
We did arrive during the bad weather so was delayed and arrived very early in the morning. But are first impression of our room was good. We paid for a sea view and in the morning we still thought the room was good with plenty of space, clean and lovely bathroom. The beds were a bit hard but the cleaner put bed toppers on which made a
big difference, the see view was good if sitting on the very comfortable balcony chairs but when you stood up and look down he could see loads of rubbish.
The pool area was kept well but all the sun beds are all over the place making it look very untidy, and hardly any umbrellas.
The beach was fine, not the best sunbeds but OK, at least there was plantey of umbrellas.
The food was not good, with not much choice if your an non meat eater. There are 2 sitters which was a bit inconvenient, it also say men's most wear long trousers but no one took any notice of it and the management didn't care or say anything.
The breakfast room was like a school canteen with plastic chairs and tables and it seemed there were always running out of cutlery.
There was 2 other restaurant,one which was the Tunisian and was free, it was OK but it was the same food as the normal restaurant the other restaurant is an Chinese ,which you have to pay for,which was about 18 pound for 2 people and the food was lovely, which was why we went twice.
The reception was also were the bar and lounge area are, so was always very noisy. The bar area also had very uncomfortable seating with not enough seats, with people always seems to be looking for somewhere to seat. We found the animation team very unfunny, we do not want to see grown men dressed as women with bloons down their tops, or them dressing up as cartoon people and chasing the children all around the reception area making them cry. We spent most of our evening in our room watching TV which is something I did not expect to do while on holiday. We like to have an quite drink after our meal but its impossible in this hotel.
We meet many people who felt the same as us, a couple who had also spent every evening in their room and a mother and daughter who also expected a lot better from a Sentido hotel.
We enjoyed our holiday and even the bad weather was OK but I can't believe this hotel gets so many 5 star reviews, we have been to many Sentido hotels and this is the worst I have stayed in.
We may go back to Tunisia next September but it want be the Phenicia.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank little2minnie

Dear little2minnie,

Warm greetings from sunny Tunisia.

Thank you for your comments and compliments and for choosing to stay at our hotel.

We do our very best at Sentido Phenicia to ensure that we meet all our guests expectations, provide them a customer friendly service, and a very pleasant stay.

We regret that we did not meet your expectations, on this occasion, and we are disappointed that you were dissatisfied.

Thank you for your feedback, which is very important to us. It gives us a chance to make changes and improvements where it's necessary. Your feedback and suggestions have been forwarded to the relevant departments, and our hotel management team, who will be taking any immediate action required, to ensure our guests only a pleasant stay.

We regret the heavy flooding, experienced during your stay, but this adverse weather was unexpected, and beyond our control.

Thank you for your time and your fidelity.

We sincerely regret your disappointment and hope you will give us the chance to satisfy your expectations, once again, sometime in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Good food , good animation, stay here for a week and have a good time!!! I will prefer this hotele for my friends! I will come back to Tunisia one more time! I like this hotel very mutch! ☺

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Марина С,

Warm greetings from sunny Tunisia.

We do our very best to ensure all of our guests a customer friendly service, and a very pleasant stay.
We are very happy that your stay was 'good' one and that you will be returning to our hotel sometime in the future.

Thank you for your time and your fidelity.

We look forward to welcoming you, once again , for another 'good holiday'.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I was in Sentido Phenicia for 1 week and that was my best holiday. I met a lot of nice people especially from animations team.
Food was delicious, staff very friendly, every night was different interesting show. I hope I will back soon visit my friends from animations team.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends

Dear Krzysztof K,

Warm greetings from sunny Tunisia.

Thankyou for your comments and compliments, and for choosing to stay at Sentido Phenicia.

We are very happy that this was 'your best holiday ever'.

Thank you for your recognition and appreciation of our' very friendly staff', and our entertainment team.

Thank you for your time and your fidelity.

We look forward to welcoming you, once again, for another enjoyable stay, sometime soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

CANNOT FAULT THE SERVICE FROM ALL TEAM MEMBERS!! SIMPLY AMAZING!

The food, entertainment, service received from all staff members has been absolutely faultless!

I recommend to all looking for a 4 star All Inclusive holiday. You get what you pay for and it’s been brilliant!!!

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank edyerwaite

Dear edyerwaite,

Warm greetings from sunny Tunisia.

We are very happy that your stay was 'simply amazing', and that you could not ' fault the service' from all of our staff members.

Thank you for your appreciation and recognition of our '5 star entertainment' and service.
Your time and fidelity are much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you,once again, for another brilliant stay, sometime in the near future.