Ok, stayed here from 13 to23 oct, First opinions count they say but in this case it's not true. On arrival we were greeted with a drink in the only pay bar at the hotel. The carpets are dirty, not a great start, we were then given a quick tour of hotel, everything looked like it needs a good clean.
The corridors to our room were dark and dirty, the room itself needed a few coats of paint, poolside I'm used to seeing a few cleaners most mornings but only ever seen the poor pool guy all week, we counted a straw and watched for a few days to see how long before it got cleaned up.
Ok that's the bad part, after day 2 we found that the food was really good,plenty of choice, you get a fixed time for dinner, 6.30 till7.30 or 8 till 9. At first I was put off but it worked fine, but if you turn up at 7.45 they will kick you out at8 .lunch times and breakfast were no problem. Sunbeds are plenty even at 10am, nice pool area and beach, all staff are really great animation keeps things moving all work hard. Some drinks waiters can't see you if you don't tip, I'm still waiting for my vodka and coke ordered 3 days ago, on the whole they are good, after thinking I wouldn't like it here after arriving to a dirty reception I was wrong and have enjoyed my stay, so don't be put off by first impression it's not a bad hotel. Main grump was the airport coming in a few flights landed together it took us longer to get from airport to hotel than to fly here from the uk about 3and a half hours all told, management need to look at the arrivals area and clean it up, maybe just pay to have carpets shampooed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully situated on the East coast of Tunisia, SENTIDO Phenicia spreads between a fine sandy beach and a garden of 11 hectares where mix generously Palm and Olive trees. For your comfort, the rooms of the hotel all endowed with balconies or terraces offer you fantastic views between the gulf and mountains of Hammamet, swimming pools, or gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Phenicia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Phenicia Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Phenicia
- Iberostar Phenicia Tunisia
- Iberostar Phenicia Hammamet