I travelled with my partner between the 22nd June until the 30th June 2013, and I can honestly say that we didn't want to come home!!
The room we stayed in was absolutely brilliant. As I read in previous reviews, the hotel are renovating the rooms throughout the hotel, and we were lucky enough to stay in one of the newly designed rooms! It was clean, spacious and extremely modern, it was like being in paradise! The beds were very comfy and we both slept well every night without fail.
The staff were also brilliant! The waiters were extremely efficient and always did everything that we asked of them! Our waiter most nights was Wael Hajri and he was absolutely excellent! The minute our glasses were empty we were instantly brought another!
This brings me onto the food. I often visit all inclusive hotels and I have to say, I was a little disappointed about the lack of meat at breakfast, lunch and dinner. The selection was amazing, there was a lot of pizza, pasta, vegetarian dishes, soups and all sorts, however there was only ever fish and hardly ever another choice of meat. As well as this, at breakfast the hotel catered for German and French guests, however there was no form of English breakfast, so no bacon, beans, scrambled eggs etc. But on the up side, the food tasted delicious and we never went hungry, especially with the amount of watermelon we both went through!
Our holiday was amazing, but who made it better but the animation team! We particularly got on with MIKE!, Titi, Shaggy and The Mouse!! As we understand, Mike was new to the team and he made a particular impression on us, he made an effort to remember our names and to make sure we were having a lovely holiday!! The whole animation team were so so brilliant, definitely the best animation team that I have ever experienced at any hotel, and it was so sad to say goodbye to all of them when we left!
Both of the pools were lovely too. We mainly went to the large pool with the pool bar as the other pool tended to be the quieter pool for people to relax. The only flaw that we had about the pools was the temperature. They were very cold when we first got in however they did warm up the longer you were in there. However as I understand it, June is still early season so the pools do get warmer as summer comes along.
We sincerely compliment the pancake man. We were regular visitors and had atleast one every day! You could get sweet/savoury crepes/pancakes of all kinds and they were absolutely delicious, and of course part of the all inclusive too!
We visited the market twice and were only ever hassled twice, but overall it was generally fine! Taxis to both Old and New Medina were no more than 6 dinar (about £2.40) so it was very cheap and also very safe. I would recommend visiting Old Medina, we found an excellent shop where there was zero hassle and it was also extremely cheap!! We bought both of our families presents there and they were all much appreciated!
We were so sad to leave and to say goodbye to all of the animation team, a week really is not long enough!! We highly recommend this hotel, and we are already saving our money to come again next year for our second visit!! If you are treating yourself to this hotel in the future then I have to say that I am extremely jealous!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully situated on the East coast of Tunisia, SENTIDO Phenicia spreads between a fine sandy beach and a garden of 11 hectares where mix generously Palm and Olive trees. For your comfort, the rooms of the hotel all endowed with balconies or terraces offer you fantastic views between the gulf and mountains of Hammamet, swimming pools, or gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your SENTIDO Phenicia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Phenicia Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Phenicia
- Iberostar Phenicia Tunisia
- Iberostar Phenicia Hammamet